Vaccines

208 Replies, 19440 Views

(2017-12-19, 01:04 PM)Steve001 Wrote: What she refers to is the tactic implemented at Skeptiko against the "Banned of 7" We were only allowed to post on two sub-forums. Dissention from the party line was frowned upon. This tooķ place before when Alex changed to the newer Skeptiko site. Just recently during the near collapse of said forum Alex categorized those two forums  I believe as the dark underbelly. He often categorized people whom didn't see the light as "stuck on stupid"

None of those tactics are in play here. The thread was moved solely to conform to the existing guidelines, not because of any content any particular individual posted. The guidelines and their interpretation are open - within reason - to discussion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • laborde, Doug
(2017-12-19, 01:07 PM)Laird Wrote: None of those tactics are in play here. The thread was moved solely to conform to the existing guidelines, not because of any content any particular individual posted. The guidelines and their interpretation are open - within reason - to discussion.

I believe Linda wasn't being serious.  Smile
(2017-12-19, 04:26 AM)Laird Wrote: I'm curious to know what you mean by this, and to which discussion you're referring.

It was a reference to the mods shutting down discussion which was making sense (a frequent occurrence on Skeptiko). You were discussing, in Chris' thread, hiding this thread, which would have that effect.

The winky face denotes "joking".

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p...nky%20Face

Linda
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-19, 01:48 PM by fls.)
(2017-12-19, 01:46 PM)fls Wrote: The winky face denotes "joking".

OK. So you understood that nobody's intention was actually to shut down sensical discussion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • laborde, Steve001
(2017-12-19, 01:51 PM)Laird Wrote: OK. So you understood that nobody's intention was actually to shut down sensical discussion.

The road to hell is paved with good intention.

Nobody is blaming anybody as far as I see it. Actions were criticised. I may be wrong, sometimes it's hard to separate the person from their actions. I'm sorry if I do that Laird, I don't mean to.
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Doug
(2017-12-19, 01:59 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: The road to hell is paved with good intention.

OK, but the intention is to be - to the extent possible - a community-driven forum, and that seems to have been the outcome in this case. Maybe not so hellish?

(2017-12-19, 01:59 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Nobody is blaming anybody as far as I see it. Actions were criticised. I may be wrong, sometimes it's hard to separate the person from their actions. I'm sorry if I do that Laird, I don't mean to.

It's fine, Steve. Your input - and Chris's and Linda's and everybody else's - critical or otherwise constructive, is what helps guide the forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • laborde, Doug, Stan Woolley
(2017-12-19, 01:51 PM)Laird Wrote: OK. So you understood that nobody's intention was actually to shut down sensical discussion.

Yes. Thank you for explaining the joke. I was worried someone might smile at it.

Linda
(2017-12-19, 02:34 PM)fls Wrote: Yes. Thank you for explaining the joke. I was worried someone might smile at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
So are you all perfectly satisfied with vaccine safety?

Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Oleo
(2017-12-19, 09:23 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: So are you all perfectly satisfied with vaccine safety?

Stan you really should vet the credentials of the "experts".

• View a Printable Version