The Skeptiko post-trauma thread

234 Replies, 26071 Views

(2017-09-26, 02:42 PM)chuck Wrote: You can't really put that on Alex, though. (Not that you suggested it.)

I seriously doubt that Alex really cares that much about even having a forum any longer. He could just as effectively use the comments on his podcast page and Deathbook posting.

No, I'm putting it on the people doing it.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-26, 02:46 PM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Max_B
What would be a lot more interesting would be a "Serial" type deep dive into one particular aspect of something from the earlier shows. Maybe mediums or something. A 15-20 part series really diving into one aspect of one subject. Detail. Depth.
For those living in a cave by "Serial" I mean this:

https://serialpodcast.org
(2017-09-26, 02:45 PM)Ninshub Wrote: No, I'm putting it on the people doing it.

I did start one thread on a Skeptiko podcast. But I won't be doing that again. Feck those bastards!!! Go team!
(2017-09-26, 02:45 PM)chuck Wrote: My guess is that even the podcast itself has maybe another year. Who really cares about it any longer? I haven't listened in ages. Alex should find some other avenue for his interests. Podcasting isn't really his forte. There are many who do it much better.

You're probably right, Chuck. He was good when he started off, some of the interviews he conducted were really well done. I don't know what's happened with him; he started 'behaving' (talking and writing in a funny sort of abstract way) differently for some reason. If he doesn't go back to his original, simple straightforward manner then I agree he needs to wrap it up and do something else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Doppelgänger
(2017-09-26, 02:49 PM)chuck Wrote: I did start one thread on a Skeptiko podcast. But I won't be doing that again. Feck those bastards!!! Go team!
Commenting on a public podcast is one thing, transferring forum members-created conversations is another - why can't people just continue conversations in the forum where they occur?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Doppelgänger
(2017-09-26, 02:55 PM)tim Wrote: You're probably right, Chuck. He was good when he started off, some of the interviews he conducted were really well done. I don't know what's happened with him; he started 'behaving' (talking and writing in a funny sort of abstract way) differently for some reason. If he doesn't go back to his original, simple straightforward manner then I agree he needs to wrap it up and do something else.

Yeah. There was something there in the first couple of years that seemed to be lost after a while. A genuine curiosity? An innocence? Then he got swallowed up by the 2nd matrix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chuck's post:
  • tim
(2017-09-26, 02:57 PM)chuck Wrote: Yeah. There was something there in the first couple of years that seemed to be lost after a while. A genuine curiosity? An innocence? Then he got swallowed up by the 2nd matrix.

I think he possibly re-invented himself but there was no need (IMHO)
(2017-09-26, 03:08 PM)tim Wrote: I think he possibly re-invented himself but there was no need (IMHO)

I don't think it was something that he did consciously. Deep diving into a lot of these subjects can change you for better or worse.
(2017-09-26, 03:10 PM)chuck Wrote: I don't think it was something that he did consciously. Deep diving into a lot of these subjects can change you for better or worse.

That's my guess even though I'm much earlier on that road so I wouldn't know myself.  Just seems logical that tumblers started settling into place as he felt he gained "knowledge".

I was attracted initially by the tagline "intelligent discussion on science and spirituality".  The recent path of the podcasts seem to be no where near that tagline.  Hence, my interest waned.
[-] The following 2 users Like Silence's post:
  • Hurmanetar, Doppelgänger

• View a Printable Version