NDE lights

35 Replies, 3632 Views

(2018-03-23, 05:14 PM)malf Wrote: There is nothing here that is inconsistent with what I wrote.

Nothing?

So you hold that hospital lights have personality. That's news to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Enrique Vargas, tim
(2018-03-23, 06:43 PM)malf Wrote: My comment indicates that this is unlikely to be a reason for all nde reports.

Yes, you said that originally. But your comment is inaccurate because it is not the cause of any NDE reports. Patients don't mistake the overhead lights in an operating room for the light phenomenon that is witnessed in most NDE's. I mean, surely you can't be serious ??
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-23, 07:17 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Enrique Vargas
(2018-03-23, 07:16 PM)tim Wrote: Yes, you said that originally. But your comment is inaccurate because it is not the cause of any NDE reports.

Jeepers, your knowledge is exhaustive!

Quote: Patients don't mistake the overhead lights in an operating room for the light phenomenon that is witnessed in most NDE's.

I think it is difficult to say with any confidence how a compromised neural system may process any inputs, and how a sick, befuddled patient might try and construct a story around those inputs subsequently.
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-23, 08:43 PM by malf.)
(2018-03-23, 07:10 AM)Typoz Wrote: All that is needed here is to find an example of an NDE which took place in an unlit or low-illumination area, whether within a hospital or anywhere else, and which includes such a phenomenon.

I'll leave it for others to look for examples.

(One might also consider the hospital scenario where the eyes will be closed and possibly covered or taped shut).

Yes. This would be true with the assumption that there is one single explanation for all NDE stories. I strongly doubt that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes malf's post:
  • Obiwan
(2018-03-23, 08:42 PM)malf Wrote: Jeepers, your knowledge is exhaustive!
Yes, so is your list of excuses, Malf.

Malf said > "I think it is difficult to say with any confidence how a compromised neural system may process any inputs, and how a sick, befuddled patient might try and construct a story around those inputs subsequently."

The neural system doesn't work during cardiac arrest. If you're talking about patients seeing a light during surgery, their eyes are taped shut after anaesthetic induction and before that I very much doubt that they're stupid enough to mistake a surgical lamp, for 'God.'
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-23, 09:11 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Typoz
(2018-03-23, 09:11 PM)tim Wrote: Yes, so is your list of excuses, Malf.

Malf said > "I think it is difficult to say with any confidence how a compromised neural system may process any inputs, and how a sick, befuddled patient might try and construct a story around those inputs subsequently."

The neural system doesn't work during cardiac arrest. If you're talking about patients seeing a light during surgery, their eyes are taped shut after anaesthetic induction and before that I very much doubt that they're stupid enough to mistake a surgical lamp, for 'God.'

I'm not confident that "The neural system doesn't work during cardiac arrest"... But sure, this may not be a great fit for all NDE reports (as I've said all along).
(2018-03-23, 05:17 PM)Jmalf Wrote: There are probably dozens of reasons for nde reports. Some we’ve thought of and discussed, and some we haven’t.

Yes thank you Mr Spock. I didn’t mean just on here. There are places beyond this forum ya kno? Lol
(2018-03-23, 07:14 PM)Typoz Wrote: Nothing?

So you hold that hospital lights have personality. That's news to me.

Depends how much you’ve smoked I guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • Typoz
(2018-03-23, 10:17 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Depends how much you’ve smoked I guess.

Good point. The effects of drugs and medications should not be overlooked. These could also influence some reports.
(2018-03-23, 09:28 PM)malf Wrote: I'm not confident that "The neural system doesn't work during cardiac arrest"... But sure, this may not be a great fit for all NDE reports (as I've said all along).

"I'm not confident that "The neural system doesn't work during cardiac arrest"..."

No, I'll bet you're not, Malf. Anything ..(even suggesting that non functioning brains still function)  however far-fetched that maybe... is always better.

• View a Printable Version