Aron Ra Interview

63 Replies, 4965 Views

(2021-02-08, 01:07 PM)Laird Wrote: Are you tellin' us who's a scouser an' who isn't?!?!

Laird, I think we’re all Scousers every now and then.  Praying hands
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Laird
(2021-02-08, 10:24 AM)Laird Wrote: Sci, I don't want to get into the weeds with you on this. I'd rather look at the forest, and, honestly, in this situation, I'm seeing a side of you that I would rather not have seen. I'll simply offer these thoughts: perhaps consider how you would act if you were wrong about Omni; if he really is a young man struggling with crippling anxiety and obsessive tendencies and seeking our support, and perhaps consider whether your responses so far have been consistent with that possibility. I also encourage you to remember our board's #1 rule: respect. Like most forums, we're asking that people try to be respectful of one another (or pretend to be!), even in the case of violent disagreement with another member's views. Heated debate is welcome, but not personal attacks.

Sorry King Laird, I forgot for a moment it is you who makes the sun rise & set, that justice is in your eye and no one else's...
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(2021-02-08, 05:44 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Sorry King Laird, I forgot for a moment it is you who makes the sun rise & set, that justice is in your eye and no one else's...

Seriously Sci, this really doesn't matter anywhere near as much as you're making it. Like seriously, lets say you're correct and oh no some random psuedo-skeptic got into the forum and is trying to covertly get all of us to debunk skeptical talking points. So what? What's that even going to do to you or anyone else? Given you have the option of just not responding to them its not even a problem unless you make it one. Its not like something like that has much of any possibility of physical consequences for you or anyone you care about. It is at best words on the internet unless someone can demonstrate otherwise.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2021-02-08, 06:15 PM)Mediochre Wrote: Seriously Sci, this really doesn't matter anywhere near as much as you're making it. Like seriously, lets say you're correct and oh no some random psuedo-skeptic got into the forum and is trying to covertly get all of us to debunk skeptical talking points. So what? What's that even going to do to you or anyone else? Given you have the option of just not responding to them its not even a problem unless you make it one. Its not like something like that has much of any possibility of physical consequences for you or anyone you care about. It is at best words on the internet unless someone can demonstrate otherwise.

That comment was more about Laird's ridiculous, hypocritical moralizing.

But yeah, you're probably right about the rest of it. Thumbs Up
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(2021-02-08, 06:20 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: That comment was more about Laird's ridiculous, hypocritical moralizing.

I have no idea what you think justifies describing my post in that way, but the fact remains that if your theories about Omni-as-pseudo-skeptic and Omni-as-sock-puppeteer are false, and his self-representations as a sufferer of compulsive anxiety are true - all of which seems very likely to be the case - then your treatment of him has been unconscionable. I'd have been happy to have left it there if you were to have accepted as much, but instead you respond with contempt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Obiwan, Smaw
(2021-02-09, 10:11 AM)Laird Wrote: I have no idea what you think justifies describing my post in that way, but the fact remains that if your theories about Omni-as-pseudo-skeptic and Omni-as-sock-puppeteer are false, and his self-representations as a sufferer of compulsive anxiety are true - all of which seems very likely to be the case - then your treatment of him has been unconscionable. I'd have been happy to have left it there if you were to have accepted as much, but instead you respond with contempt.

Lol...how's the view from your high horse King Laird? LOL

I might reply more to the silliness of your moralizing later, laying out just how badly you've failed as a mod, but I'm curious if it's even possible to put you on ignore?

Not sure how harassment by a mod should be handled, but IMO from now on only Ninshub should be able to moderate me given your clear bias and frankly insane desire to see me get dressed down publicly whether it's [by] you or Darren or someone else. For doing your job for you it seems like you're trying to bait me toward finding an excuse to ban me...ridiculous...

"At a time when over the whole world a nameless drama is taking place and when men are fighting each other without any idea why because they’ve never had the courage to go down into the depths of the drama of their consciousness, this is not the time to destroy a spirit who has never had any other idea than to bring to light the drama of his consciousness in order to teach others to recognize all their own interior enemies so as to destroy them.

The enmity that each man harbours in himself, of himself towards himself."
 -Antonin Artaud

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2021-02-09, 08:39 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
(2021-02-09, 08:15 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Lol...how's the view from your high horse King Laird? LOL

I might reply more to the silliness of your moralizing later, laying out just how badly you've failed as a mod, but I'm curious if it's even possible to put you on ignore?

Not sure how harassment by a mod should be handled, but IMO from now on only Ninshub should be able to moderate me given your clear bias and frankly insane desire to see me get dressed down publicly whether it's [by] you or Darren or someone else. For doing your job for you it seems like you're trying to bait me toward finding an excuse to ban me...ridiculous...

"At a time when over the whole world a nameless drama is taking place and when men are fighting each other without any idea why because they’ve never had the courage to go down into the depths of the drama of their consciousness, this is not the time to destroy a spirit who has never had any other idea than to bring to light the drama of his consciousness in order to teach others to recognize all their own interior enemies so as to destroy them.

The enmity that each man harbours in himself, of himself towards himself."
 -Antonin Artaud
Feel like this is just really uncalled for.

You've adopted this weird conspiracy towards Omni despite other people going "Yeah he's probably alright" and myself even saying that I would do the exact same thing Omni is doing now just a few years ago if I knew this place existed. Is just convinient to have a website you can get easy quick rebuttals from. Cause of this you've also been hostile to Darren which has forced him off.

Now that you've been called out for being a dick you're making these sweeping accusations and insults towards Laird despite him doing nothing but pointing out much of a prick you're being. I'd say drop this whole silly conspiracy, be the better man and apologize to Laird and just let this all go back to normal before you give the mods a decent reason to bonk you. You're a really valuable member of the forums, nobody wants to see you get in trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smaw's post:
  • Obiwan
(2021-02-09, 09:37 PM)Smaw Wrote: Now that you've been called out for being a dick you're making these sweeping accusations and insults towards Laird despite him doing nothing but pointing out much of a prick you're being. I'd say drop this whole silly conspiracy, be the better man and apologize to Laird and just let this all go back to normal before you give the mods a decent reason to bonk you. You're a really valuable member of the forums, nobody wants to see you get in trouble.

Laird wanted to get the last word in, and have me cowed before his smug moralizing. He couldn't even quote me in his first reply in this thread defending Darren's insults against me [that were] extending to speculation about my personal life - something any fair minded mod would see was beyond the pale.

If anything Laird owes me an apology, both for his attempts to dress me down and for trying to justify Darren's ridiculous commentary when as a mod he should have acted.

He's certainly lost the right to have any moderation over me, so he shouldn't be able to get me in trouble. But I guess that's up to the founding members to decide, maybe take a private vote on? 

Anyway I think you're either a sock puppet, or in on Omni and Darren's little game, so I don't really value your opinion at all. So feel free to tell me how crazy I am.

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2021-02-09, 09:50 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
(2021-02-09, 09:37 PM)Smaw Wrote: called out for being a dick / pointing out much of a prick you're being./ be the better man
Ha!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brian's post:
  • Smaw
(2021-02-09, 09:57 PM)Brian Wrote: Ha!

Given how sensitive you are in non-personal debates, bit surprised to see you try to jump in to the fray. Disappointing to[o], since I just vouched for your identity to Nbtruthman.

But then you did defend me against Darren's stupid claim that I was sending him spam - for which there's a far more likely explanation - so I guess I had to pay back my debt to you anyway. [Assuming he's not still around with one of his sock puppets, and wasn't making this up, someone who's still in contact with him should tell him to double check any bank account or credit card he uses online.]

Though I'd ask you to reflect for a moment...Why do you think Nbtruthman doubted you? Likely because of all the nonsense that has been happening, with "proponents" promoting and defending skeptics while casting doubt on proponents - even insulting Ian Wardell who was AFAIK a member in good standing on Skeptiko and may still be lurking here.

Max warned this would happen, and left because he didn't want to stick around in a place where moderation could be so easily gamed. Shame his warning wasn't properly heeded.

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2021-02-09, 11:25 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)

• View a Printable Version