Another demonstration of chatGPT 4.0 capabilities

122 Replies, 3962 Views

Signing up for Midjourney this week left me flabbergasted, seeing the images produced by the Dall-e I hadn't expected too much, but I was completely floored by just how good these AI generated images on Midjourney were, and how effective the prompt interface was. I needed a painted image of a small rowing boat on the ocean in a violent storm with dark clouds and waves, and I asked for it to be in the style of Turner, and in 16:9 ratio.

In 30 seconds it produced 4 images (below)... Until now, I don't think I quite comprehended the scale of this AI revolution... and the business types it's  going to depreciate... but on the other hand, it offers amazing creative abilities to everyone to create images so quickly. Needless to say I signed up for an annual subscription. It's also bloody addictive!

[Image: a_small_rowing_boat_on_a_large_ocean_in_...t_st_4.png]

[Image: a_small_rowing_boat_on_a_large_ocean_in_...t_st_3.png]

[Image: a_small_rowing_boat_on_a_large_ocean_in_...t_st_2.png]

[Image: a_small_rowing_boat_on_a_large_ocean_in_...t_st_1.png]
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
(This post was last modified: 2023-05-24, 12:57 PM by Max_B. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Max_B's post:
  • Typoz, Ninshub
(2023-05-24, 12:53 PM)Max_B Wrote: Until now, I don't think I quite comprehended the scale of this AI revolution... and the business types it's  going to depreciate...

I think we are heading towards a massive human tragedy. So many people will be left without purpose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sbu's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-05-24, 01:16 PM)sbu Wrote: I think we are heading towards a massive human tragedy. So many people will be left without purpose.

Again, while I'm sympathetic to you on this topic, this sounds purely fear-based.

Could dystopia emerge from all this?  Sure, I guess its a non-zero probability.

Could we find our way to the other side of an AI-disrupted economy/labor/commerce state?  Sure and I put this as a much more likely outcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silence's post:
  • Typoz
(2023-05-24, 12:53 PM)Max_B Wrote: Signing up for Midjourney this week left me flabbergasted, seeing the images produced by the Dall-e I hadn't expected too much, but I was completely floored by just how good these AI generated images on Midjourney were, and how effective the prompt interface was. I needed a painted image of a small rowing boat on the ocean in a violent storm with dark clouds and waves, and I asked for it to be in the style of Turner, and in 16:9 ratio.

In 30 seconds it produced 4 images (below)... Until now, I don't think I quite comprehended the scale of this AI revolution... and the business types it's  going to depreciate... but on the other hand, it offers amazing creative abilities to everyone to create images so quickly. Needless to say I signed up for an annual subscription. It's also bloody addictive!

There are multiple lawsuits right now so not sure how long these companies will last.

It's also possible to obtain the original images used in training from at least some AI art gen - in part and sometimes the whole work - which ideally helps with the legal victory going toward artists.

I suspect, however, that it isn't small artists that will win but big companies like Disney. I was able to ask for images that I knew related to Marvel comics and a bunch of clearly copyrighted works were used. If I can "trick" the AI into showing copyrighted images in under 5 minutes I'm sure IP lawyers can find more faster.

Maybe they can even use AI to find this stuff. Wink
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2023-05-24, 04:05 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Typoz, Ninshub
(2023-05-24, 05:59 AM)sbu Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...g-humanity

It will be a sad world when humans can't study art because artists can't make enough money to get by.

My hope is a combination of lawsuits and regulations stamp AI art gen companies out of existence.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Ninshub, sbu
(2023-05-24, 04:07 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: It will be a sad world when humans can't study art because artists can't make enough money to get by.

My hope is a combination of lawsuits and regulations stamp AI art gen companies out of existence.

I totally agree. Today, the front page of a major Danish newspaper featured a story about AI-generated 'Rihanna singing' that some believe sounds better than the real Rihanna.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sbu's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-05-24, 06:10 PM)sbu Wrote: I totally agree. Today, the front page of a major Danish newspaper featured a story about AI-generated 'Rihanna singing' that some believe sounds better than the real Rihanna.

To be fair Rihanna, like a few other popstars, has had detractors regarding her singing for years.

Similarly not surprising someone AI generated Drake rapping because it was discovered he used others to write some raps.

That said I agree it's probably only a matter of time before we get AI emulation of more lauded artists in their genre like Whitney Houston singing or Kendrick Lamar rapping. I think the lyrics will be ultimately be seen as a soulless drivel - inevitable when anyone can put out generated stuff - but the voices will be on point.

- Bertrand Russell

The Midjourney AI blending function is amazing... I Tinted a photo of our sun I found online blue...

[Image: blue_sun-1.png]

and blended it with this AI generated head Midjourney had created for me...

[Image: 589ebab8-c062-46e9-8a1b-08c724451d92-copy.png]

the AI blend function in Midjourney resulted in amazing images like this...

[Image: 9308dc58-3df0-4622-a3a0-0d7632f2caf3-copy.png]
afterwards I came across some interesting fellow travellers at Kings Cross Station...

[Image: 21effa14-ce05-407f-9fdc-90fddb1a3d66-copy.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max_B's post:
  • Typoz
On the other side of the station, a spiritual teacher was giving a talk...

[Image: bec5b72a-5667-471c-a41c-0ddd1c167df7-copy.png]

• View a Printable Version