Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Analytical argument for the existence of a non-physical personal memory


Philosophy of mind forum    9 Replies

Titus Rivas, 2017-09-01, 09:51 AM

Is there a non-physical memory bank? I hold that there is and that its existence can be demonstrated analytically.

See my paper Metasubjective Cognition Beyond the Brain


  Open Thread

Analytical argument against physicalism


Philosophy of mind forum    50 Replies

Titus Rivas, 2017-09-01, 09:44 AM

In this paper, Exit Epiphenomenalism, Hein van Dongen and I have tried to refute physicalism. We conclude that within physicalism, only types of materialism that are eliminative regarding phenomenal qualitative experiences (or "consciousn

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Physical Mediumship


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    47 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-09-01, 08:27 AM

Please note, this thread is in the Extended Consciousness Phenomena review forum rules that apply before posting to this thread.

This post has been moved here from a different thread please disregard the x'd out text.

[s]There is some fraud and some genuine, and some of the evidence said to prov

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    3 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-01, 06:42 AM

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Curious if anyone else has read this book?

I've had it in my library for quite some time but after a brief examination didn't touch it. Opening it again I find it might, through its instruction on setting aside the analytic/m

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

"The U.S. Military Believes People Have a Sixth Sense"


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    6 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-09-01, 12:13 AM

[quote]
[color=#202020][size=large][font="'PT Serif', Georgia, serif"]Because of the stigma of ESP and PK, the nomenclature has changed, allowing the Defense Department to distance itself from its remote-viewing past. Under the Perceptual Training Systems and Tools banner, extrasensory perception has

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

What is your policy on TOR and open proxies?


Feedback and announcements    4 Replies

Fake Leuders, 2017-08-31, 05:04 PM

What is this forum's rules regarding open proxies, VPN's or TOR?

Other forums that I am a member of have disabled TOR because of trolls. But I believe there are legit uses for the others. I am interested are you going to disable these?

If I can remember correctly from what I read elsewhere,

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Reincarnation Cases


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    No Replies

Dante, 2017-08-31, 03:44 PM

[color=#141414]So this is also posted in the "Reincarnation" subforum, and I don't see it as necessary to be posting it here (because skeptics are welcome in that forum to discuss the merits of cases and their implications, which is all I'm interested in), but Leuders requested that I post it here f

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Missing Editor Icons?


Feedback and announcements    14 Replies

Typoz, 2017-08-31, 12:18 PM

It seems I can no longer see the formatting options when editing a post (Bold, Italic, Underline and a whole lot of other useful things).

This is what I used to see (attached image) but now it is not there at all.

Is it just me?



Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

  Open Thread

Where within the Psience Quest forums may political/CT discussions be held?


Feedback and announcements    4 Replies

Laird, 2017-08-31, 10:12 AM

The first poll, to determine whether political / conspiracy theory discussions were accepted on this forum resulted in a majority saying yes. Now, this follow-up poll asks, "Given that political/CT discussions are permissible

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Impersonating user deleted: JonDonnis


Feedback and announcements    10 Replies

Laird, 2017-08-31, 04:12 AM

The moderation team strongly suspects the recently-registered account, JonDonnis, of being an impersonation of the real Jon Donnis. We have thus temporarily banned this account pending confirmation (or denial) from the real Jon Donnis, whom we

» READ MORE


  Open Thread