How important is it to convince the scientific community that psi exists?
[Edit: Immediately after posting this thread I realised the question might not make much sense to people who don't think psi does exist. If sceptics want to take part, perhaps they can make the question: "How important [i]sho
For more than a decade, psychology has been contending with some of its research findings going up in smoke. Widely publicized [url=https://www.sciencenews.org/article/psychology-results-evaporate-upon
Let's start here: What method do you advise a layman, such as myself, employ?
As I believe I've made clear by now, I think the question of proper authority is a very difficult issue and made even more difficult when authorities opine on topic
A review article has appeared in Science about how understanding human consciousness can lead to conscious AI systems. The article is behind a paywall, but has been popularized at Live Science (www.livescience.com/60789-how-to-make-a-conscious-robot.html).
25 years ago the BBC created a stir by transmitting a drama in the form of a live broadcast about a haunted house - based on the Enfield poltergeist - which some viewers apparently thought was a real live broadcast. The subsequent suicide of a teenage boy was blamed on the programme. The BBC website
Alan Turing, the mid-20th-century logician and pioneer of computing, wrote in 1950, in the course of a discussion about whether machines could think, the following:
[i][color=#000000][size=medium][font="Times New Roman"]I assume that the reader is familiar with the idea of extrasensory perception,
I have seen the idea brought up numerous times, especially in relation to alt-science views, that individuals are reasonably capable of picking and choosing which authorities can be regarded as plausible. Or, if they have a modicum of knowledge and experience in a field, that they are capable of wei