Psience Quest

Full Version: Is physical mediumship fraudulent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2017-08-31, 07:47 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]No it won't, just as I am not convinced that conjuring is real magic despite how convincing it looks.

You sound like the priest who wouldn't look through Galileo's telescope...
(2017-09-02, 08:09 PM)Will Wrote: [ -> ]But as I said, photography isn't the way to prove anything here. The medium here could easily be jumping, kicking, throwing, or manipulating objects/himself in all of these shots.
Do you have any comment on which of those techniques the medium used in this photo?
http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-23...ml#pid3047
Jim Smith has moved his original post to another section of the forum. This means he will not acknowledge any of my criticisms of his post. It is unlikely he will respond here again in this part of the forum. This is a shame.

I discovered he has made errors in his post about the said photographs.

Quote:Photos of Seances taken by Sven Türck. "The Danish psychic researcher and photographer Sven Türck took many photos of Jonsson's psychokinetic powers, protected against any form of cheating through strict controls in his laboratory."

I guess Jim has got confused with the Swedish psychic Olof Jonsson. Jonsson did not perform seances though...

The photographs in question taken by Türck actually depict the spiritualist medium Børge Michaelson and the photographs were not taken in a laboratory but in his own home. There is no reason to believe these were scientifically controlled experiments.

http://anomalyinfo.com/Stories/1940-1945...xperiments

I suggest users here click on the above link for information about the photographs. They are taken from Türck's book [i]Jeg var dus med Aanderne... which translates (I was Familiar with the Spirits).[/i]

[Image: 2.-Sven-Turck-laboratorium-i-Koebenhavn.jpg]

It seems Børge Michaelson was fond of jumping...

In conclusion: These photographs are evidence of fraud, not levitation.
Let's say there weren't scientific controls, I still don't see how you've established these photos are evidence of fraud.
(2017-09-02, 08:48 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say there weren't scientific controls, I still don't see how you've established these photos are evidence of fraud.

Børge Michaelson is jumping in some of those photographs, do you agree with that? The blur on his feet or other parts of the body shows us that.

There is also this from Türck's book:

[Image: sven5.jpg]

That undoubtedly is cloth or gauze attached to her nostril.
(2017-09-02, 08:54 PM)Leuders Wrote: [ -> ]Børge Michaelson is jumping in some of those photographs, do you agree with that? The blur on his feet or other parts of the body shows us that.
No I can't see how I would come to that conclusion. The blur indicates those parts were moving, but I don't see how that's conclusive evidence of jumping.
(2017-09-02, 09:02 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]No I can't see how I would come to that conclusion. The blur indicates those parts were moving, but I don't see how that's conclusive evidence of jumping.

If you do not believe he was jumping, what do you think he was going in those photographs?
(2017-09-02, 09:14 PM)Leuders Wrote: [ -> ]If you do not believe he was jumping, what do you think he was doing in those photographs?

I don't know. But let's say he was being propelled somehow through the room, why wouldn't certain parts of his body be moving? If some force was making you spin through the air, wouldn't your feet or arms or whatever be moving? In any event, I don't see how you could rule that out.
(2017-09-02, 09:02 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]No I can't see how I would come to that conclusion. The blur indicates those parts were moving, but I don't see how that's conclusive evidence of jumping.

I agree with this. What exactly would you expect to see if he was being forced through the air? And why doesn't this picture fit what you would expect?
Here are some different photographs from physical mediumship.

Left is Stanisława Tomczyk a polish medium and right is magician William Marriott who replicated her feats by natural methods (invisible thread).

[Image: Magician_William_Marriott_and_Stanis%C5%...omczyk.png]

[Image: Stanis%C5%82awa_Tomczyk_and_William_Marriott.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15