Psience Quest

Full Version: Is physical mediumship fraudulent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2017-09-10, 10:37 PM)Obiwan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jkmac.
Ah now this is interesting. I haven't listened to the recording yet (I've just seen this and it's a bit late to start) but I do know people (very well) who have sat with him and, based on my opinion of their judgement, I do not think his work is fraudulent.

That said, I haven't heard any reports from them that indicate his mediumship is anywhere near the league of the people I have mentioned earlier.  None of the people i know have heard anything significantly evidential of survival in their sittings with him (of course that doesn't mean other people haven't) but they have remarked on the physical phenomena which appear to far exceed what you reported recently.

Agreed.

But you don't run into Babe Ruth or Pedro Martinez very often either,,, but they exist (or did) and they did very special things. Although we all can play a little baseball, it takes a special talent to rise to those highest levels. But because of people like them,  I DO know that some people can hit hundreds of home runs in a career, and some CAN throw the baseball over 100 miles per hour. 

My particular PM experience wasn't what many have seen from the same person (I am told), so I need to keep at it and see if I can witness it. But even if I can, it may not rise to the levels of the greats. That's OK. I just want to see something that I can feel comfortable saying, proves to me that this stuff can be done. I believe it from things like that video and many others, but I want to experience it first hand.
(2017-09-10, 08:31 PM)jkmac Wrote: [ -> ]Obi-
If you haven't already, I'd recommend to watch this.

Could he be a fraud? Of course, anyone could be.

But what does your gut tell you about him? Go with that. IMO.

Again after-all, the fate of the world doesn't ride on this...  Wink

(2017-09-10, 10:46 PM)jkmac Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed.

But you don't run into Babe Ruth or Pedro Martinez very often either,,, but they exist (or did) and they did very special things. Although we all can play a little baseball, it takes a special talent to rise to those highest levels. But because of people like them,  I DO know that some people can hit hundreds of home runs in a career, and some CAN throw the baseball over 100 miles per hour. 
True but if there's no evidence of survival, for me it's not baseball Smile
I'm not knocking it, it's just not what I am looking for.
(2017-09-10, 11:30 PM)Obiwan Wrote: [ -> ]True but if there's no evidence of survival, for me it's not baseball Smile
I'm not knocking it, it's just not what I am looking for.

I was referring to your friends who were saying there was evidence. I was just saying that some demonstrations may not be as amazing as the great demonstrations, but they may be very evidential none the less.
(2017-09-11, 12:14 AM)jkmac Wrote: [ -> ]I was referring to your friends who were saying there was evidence. I was just saying that some demonstrations may not be as amazing as the great demonstrations, but they may be very evidential none the less.
That's true. The evidential element often seems somewhat subjective to be honest. What I find convincing, you may not. As long as I'm not determined to persuade you I'm right, and you're wrong I'm not sure it really matters. In fact, in terms of survival evidence, its often the tiny seemingly inconsequential things that persuade people. Nevertheless, for survival evidence imho it's the content that counts, not the show wrapped around it. In that sense, for me, a great demonstration would be one with good evidence of survival which is what I was referring to with the mediums I cited.
(2017-09-13, 06:56 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Re apports.  Is it claimed that the spirits produce these or is it a talent of the medium?  I'm trying to understand who has this miraculous power to produce items out of thin air.  It all seems so far fetched to me and smacks of conjuring.

I share your scepticism on this. I wouldn't have believed anything like that could happen until I'd personally witnessed a couple of really strange events (not during mediumship but still basically similar in bizarreness). If I'm honest, I still doubt my own experience now. I think I would have preferred what happened to me, not to have happened  because I don't have an explanation and it's unnerving. I know it's of no value to anyone else though.
(2017-09-13, 06:56 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Re apports.  Is it claimed that the spirits produce these or is it a talent of the medium?  I'm trying to understand who has this miraculous power to produce items out of thin air.  It all seems so far fetched to me and smacks of conjuring.

It is your belief that apportation is miraculous, it certainly is not mine.

The apportation process stems from the abilities of those in what we term 'the spirit world' (multi-dimensional planes of existence). They have the ability to copy the ethereal form of the object then using that template recreate the apport (not move it - typically) in its desired location. In 'the spirit world' this is a natural capability among many more natural abilities they have including managing the physical mediumship demonstration.

This is the problem of the individual who cannot wrap their heads around the fact that judging capabilities using this earth-life as a basis for doing so is a fundamentally and operationally flawed approach. Hence 'miracles'.
(2017-09-13, 07:44 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]...I wouldn't have believed anything like that could happen until I'd personally witnessed a couple of really strange events (not during mediumship but still basically similar in bizarreness). If I'm honest, I still doubt my own experience now. I think I would have preferred what happened to me, not to have happened  because I don't have an explanation and it's unnerving. I know it's of no value to anyone else though.

'Unnerved' = fear. What are you afraid of? That you have a belief that isn't true but that you are afraid to confront?

Good. Fear is your friend. An absolute sign that you are not aligned who you really are. It's your Higher Mind's way of saying "Look, over here, look at this belief, were did it come from, does it make sense?"  Examination time!
(2017-09-13, 07:44 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]I share your scepticism on this. I wouldn't have believed anything like that could happen until I'd personally witnessed a couple of really strange events (not during mediumship but still basically similar in bizarreness). If I'm honest, I still doubt my own experience now. I think I would have preferred what happened to me, not to have happened  because I don't have an explanation and it's unnerving. I know it's of no value to anyone else though.

I would love to hear more. But sensing you are wanting to keep it private...

Generally speaking it is the purported communicators who are said to produce the apport but they sometimes say that they make use of the medium to make it happen. I guess there are several ways this might be explained (assuming it can be done). One explanation apparently is that the object is dematerialised somehow, transported in the immaterial state and then rematerialsed in the seance. The other is that the wall or other obstacles are partially demarialised or altered in some way to allow the object to pass.

I have to confess I am puzzled as to what role the medium plays (unless the find someone near the object who unknowingly has what they need) in the dematerialisation of what are, sometimes, supposedly very distant objects.

There does seem to be quite a bit of well-attested testimony that it is possible. Without experiencing it for oneself I guess, or at least knowing someone who has, it seems hard to form a definitive view.
(2017-09-13, 08:11 PM)Pssst Wrote: [ -> ]It is your belief that apportation is miraculous, it certainly is not mine.

The apportation process stems from the abilities of those in what we term 'the spirit world' (multi-dimensional planes of existence). They have the ability to copy the ethereal form of the object then using that template recreate the apport (not move it - typically) in its desired location. In 'the spirit world' this is a natural capability among many more natural abilities they have including managing the physical mediumship demonstration.

This is the problem of the individual who cannot wrap their heads around the fact that judging capabilities using this earth-life as a basis for doing so is a fundamentally and operationally flawed approach. Hence 'miracles'.

What safeguards can the medium take to avoid injury (or worse!)? How are they able to ensure they don't apport a vehicle or a building?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15