What are you listening to?

369 Replies, 44263 Views

(2021-11-29, 12:30 PM)Laird Wrote: One of my favourites from my cousin,

Is nepotism looked on kindly in the forum?  Tongue
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • stephenw
(2021-11-29, 12:36 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Is nepotism looked on kindly in the forum?  Tongue

It's all relative...
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-29, 01:18 PM by Laird. Edit Reason: Better zing )
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Larry, Stan Woolley
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 2 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird

Interesting fictionalization of shamanic healing, while the raw steak isn't used in the same way reminds me of the way Rolling Thunder used steaks in the real life healing ceremony recounted by Stephen Schwartz.

Not sure how inline it is with the living tradition of S. Korean shamanism, will have to dig a bit...
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Typoz

Quote:The Agape Choir www.agapelive.org performs one of humanity's maha-mantras, the Gayatri at yogamala '07. Advanced spiritual adepts used to have to say this while standing in the ocean or a river bcuz they would chant it with such perfection it would generate too much heat in their bodies.

I think this is a good example of what we might call the Perennial Wisdom Tradition, that *something*, some Truth has been spread across the world and we have to work to bring it out of crude matter.

Here we have traditional mantras of Vedic civilization performed in the Christian Choir tradition - the music is, IMO, its own argument for this tradition.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2022-08-24, 08:58 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Laird, Ninshub
(2022-08-24, 08:52 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: - the music is, IMO, its own argument for this tradition.

Makes me think of how Mozart's Requiem is the greatest argument for Christianity in my case. The power of music!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

Quote:Experiments that failed too many times
Transformations that were too hard to find
Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride

I'm after rebellion, I'll settle for lies

Yes, I know the secrets of the iron & mind
They're trinity acts, a mineral fire
Yes, I know the secrets of the circuitry mind
It's a flaming wonder telepath

=-=-=

Quote:From Charming Disaster's album SPELLS + RITUALS comes a magical struggle between two powerful figures. Are they fighting for dominance? Plotting betrayal? Making a secret pact? Is it all just a hallucination? And who will survive in the end? Shot in the Kreischer Mansion, a Staten Island, NY haunted house built by a 19th-century brick magnate and more recently the scene of a mafia murder, "Blacksnake" calls upon the ritual magic of music to invoke a mysterious sorcery.

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2022-09-28, 11:38 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:You see me now a veteran
Of a thousand psychic wars
My energy's spent at last
And my armor is destroyed
I have used up all my weapons
And I'm helpless and bereaved
Wounds are all I'm made of

Did I hear you say that this is victory?

- Bertrand Russell

=-=-=

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2022-10-09, 10:35 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Laird
(2021-11-29, 12:30 PM)Laird Wrote: One of my favourites from my cousin, off his 2021 album Japanese Eggs:

Green Vagabond

More nepotism: Cuz has just released a new album, Munkle Might. Here are the two standout songs from it in my assessment (I really do think that they are so good that the nepotism fades into insignificance):

Hey You
Running Away

The album's also available for streaming on Spotify.
(This post was last modified: 2022-10-23, 05:14 AM by Laird. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

• View a Printable Version