There are no aliens

24 Replies, 671 Views

(2023-12-02, 03:35 PM)Silence Wrote: Most absolute statements about what is or isn't technologically possible age poorly.

Be careful of any hubris you might harbor about what we know and don't know.  We've proven to be pretty awful prognosticators on the subject.

I’m trying to offer compounding factors explaining why nbtruthmans alien story is unlikely to be true. Not to state something in absolute terms so I pardon for that.
[-] The following 2 users Like sbu's post:
  • Brian, Silence
I don't know if everyone has watched the video I posted with Emerson Green & Jimmy Akin, but it takes a lot of the usual skeptic propaganda talking points down a peg.

We don't have a definite knowledge of whether FTL is impossible, we don't understand enough about alien psychology to say what they would or wouldn't do, the aliens we see could easily be bio-robots/domesticated animals/etc, and so on...

Like Akin and Green I am still not convinced that physical entities made physical craft and came here, though I could see there being realities where things work sort of like they do here but are more clearly influenced by mental "forces". [Though still not sure this explains how Weird some abduction stories get.]

I will say anything that isn't clearly technology isn't that convincing to me as proof of specifically extra-terrestrial visitors within our own universe - glowing or even silvery disks seem like they could be "spiritual" or "magical" rather than actual nuts & bolts.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2023-12-02, 07:24 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Kamarling, sbu, Typoz
I notice that sbu still hasn't responded to my two crucial questions enumerated in #10 (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-t...3#pid55423). Might this be because there is no satisfactory plausible answer? Or if there is, I sure would like to know what it is.
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-03, 05:27 PM by nbtruthman. Edited 1 time in total.)
(2023-12-03, 05:24 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: I notice that sbu still hasn't responded to my two crucial questions enumerated in #10 (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-t...3#pid55423). Might this be because there is no satisfactory plausible answer? Or if there is, I sure would like to know what it is.

I’m actually not ignoring your posts My knowledge about the legislative process of the USA is limited but so far I have found the proposed legislation at this link: 

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/newsroo...nt-to-ndaa

In my country it’s possible to lookup the status of any proposed legislation and schedules for when the proposal will be discussed next time. Normally any legislation needs to be discussed in our lower chamber (equivalent to the ‘House’) 3 times before they can vote on it and make it law. In between they work and refine the proposal in the relevant committees.

I can only imagine that the process in such a large country as the US will be much longer and even more thorough.

So now I ask you nbtruthman, are there any evidence that the Schumer amendment even is in motion in your legislative system? Why are they for example not voting for it already in the Senate where democrats have the majority? I’m asking because I suspect the legislation is blocked for more mundane reasons than those you suggest.
[-] The following 2 users Like sbu's post:
  • Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-01, 11:01 PM)Kamarling Wrote: I do find it difficult to explain physical "nuts and bolts" ufology though but then I'm not a keen follower of UFO phenomena.

Yeah I'm skeptical about "nuts and bolts", probably because I give credence to the really bizarre range of encounters. 

For example:

Quote:In November of 1977, an interior decorator from Sandusky, Ohio, by the name of Millard Faber was walking near the west branch of the Huron River when he encountered what Awareness Magazine referred to as “the now standard Sasquatch or Bigfoot creature.” Faber claimed to come upon a bipedal, hair-covered being that stood around eight feet tall with a slight stoop. The creature had a hairless face and glowing eyes. Upon noticing Faber, the creature jumped into the water and vanished, leaving behind a huge footprint, a broken tree limb, and a hideous stench. Faber reported his encounter to the sheriff’s department of two adjacent counties, as well as to two local papers.

However, if this portion of the encounter was “standard,” what occurred to Faber three days later was anything but. As he retired to bed for the evening, Faber became aware of a presence. He looked to the doorway and saw five pink, glowing humanoids with bulbous heads and luminous eyes, clothed in tight-fitting skin-diving suits, gliding through the air. He claimed that these beings, though hovering several inches above the floor, still made the motion of walking, and that each one was around five feet tall, again with a slight stoop. They settled at his bedside and radiated a feeling of rage at him which he believed was directly connected with his reporting of the Bigfoot sighting. He also claimed to be impressed with the notion that the beings intended to take him with them. Eventually, as so many anomalous entities do, the beings vanished, leaving Faber alone to the mystery of his experience, and open to a further occurrence where he believed he was being watched by something unseen (Perry, 1978, pp. 5-17).
  - Deep Weird and Damned Facts

Quote:At 11:00 AM on April 18, 1961, Joe Simonton was sitting in his rural Eagle River home enjoying a late breakfast when he heard a commotion outside. When he investigated he witnessed a flying saucer “brighter than chrome” hovering above his house. The craft eventually landed in his backyard. The saucer opened up. Sitting inside were three mute aliens which Joe described as “Italian looking.”

Joe was given a large container, and somehow discerned that these strange creatures wanted water. When he returned with the liquid, one of the aliens was cooking pancakes on a flame-less cooking appliance. The creatures gave Joe the pancakes, saluted him, and flew away south, into legend.
  - Cult of Weird
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Ninshub, Brian, Max_B, Kamarling
Sci, those two examples perfectly justify my intuition that such beings are manifestations from other realities rather than physical visitors from across the Galaxy or mythical creatures roaming the forests of the North West USA. Perhaps Bigfoot is such a creature - I don't know. But I do know that people experiencing a trip on Ayahuasca encounter similar beings. What if some kind of filter in the brain is disabled by the drug? A fliter that restricts our awareness to this narrow physical reality? What if the doors of perception are opened just a little?
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 5 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Ninshub, David001, Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
(2023-12-03, 05:48 PM)sbu Wrote: I’m actually not ignoring your posts My knowledge about the legislative process of the USA is limited but so far I have found the proposed legislation at this link: 

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/newsroo...nt-to-ndaa

In my country it’s possible to lookup the status of any proposed legislation and schedules for when the proposal will be discussed next time. Normally any legislation needs to be discussed in our lower chamber (equivalent to the ‘House’) 3 times before they can vote on it and make it law. In between they work and refine the proposal in the relevant committees.

I can only imagine that the process in such a large country as the US will be much longer and even more thorough.

So now I ask you nbtruthman, are there any evidence that the Schumer amendment even is in motion in your legislative system? Why are they for example not voting for it already in the Senate where democrats have the majority? I’m asking because I suspect the legislation is blocked for more mundane reasons than those you suggest.

A few days ago (Nov.30) newsflash (at https://www.newsnationnow.com/space/ufo/...isclosure/): 

Quote:(NewsNation) — Lawmakers pushing for transparency on Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAPs), more commonly referred to as UFOs, say they are facing an “orchestrated effort” to deny them access to information about the subject.

Rep. Tim Burchett, R.-Tenn., one of the loudest voices on the topic, said congressional efforts to provide more transparency on UAPs have been stymied by the defense and intelligence communities.

I would be interested in what these "mundane reasons" you speculate about might be, and why the opposition is from elements in the defense and intelligence communities. Logically, in order to decide to put effort into this opposition they must be scared of something. Remember, where there's smoke there's fire. 

And there are still to be explained the actual excellent apparent nuts-and-bolts UFO cases I mentioned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nbtruthman's post:
  • Ninshub
(2023-12-03, 08:56 PM)Kamarling Wrote: Sci, those two examples perfectly justify my intuition that such beings are manifestations from other realities rather than physical visitors from across the Galaxy or mythical creatures roaming the forests of the North West USA. Perhaps Bigfoot is such a creature - I don't know. But I do know that people experiencing a trip on Ayahuasca encounter similar beings. What if some kind of filter in the brain is disabled by the drug? A fliter that restricts our awareness to this narrow physical reality? What if the doors of perception are opened just a little?

Yeah I've wondered the same thing - IIRC in certain DMT trips the entities encountered seem surprised by humans having the technology for making contact via the drug. If those entities came here, would they act the way some of the weirder alien encounters play out?

However, regarding mythical creatures, I do think Vallee presents some interesting historical records. I feel like some of the "aliens" are really "neighbors" that have been around for quite some time.

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2023-12-03, 10:12 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Yeah, the mass experience incident at the Ariel school in Ruwa, Zimbabwe on the 16 September 1994 is interesting. The children obviously experienced something, but there are clearly very large differences between their descriptions of their experiences of the same event... how do we square those differences with "nuts and bolts"?

The BBC claims they were first on the scene (with video)...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-57749238

A longer video...

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Max_B's post:
  • David001, Obiwan, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-03, 09:55 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: I would be interested in what these "mundane reasons" you speculate about might be, and why the opposition is from elements in the defense and intelligence communities. Logically, in order to decide to put effort into this opposition they must be scared of something. Remember, where there's smoke there's fire. 

And there are still to be explained the actual excellent apparent nuts-and-bolts UFO cases I mentioned.
I suspect the defense and intelligence communities would be just as scared of prominent psi phenomena as with alien contacts. Remember there was a UFO report in the UK that stated officially that UFO phenomena somehow interact with consciousness.

I rather suspect that all alien contacts may be contacts with intense psi phenomena of some sort.

David

• View a Printable Version