New developments on the UAP disclosure battle

77 Replies, 2044 Views

(2023-12-19, 03:10 PM)diverdown Wrote: Jay from Project Unity has gone off the deep end on X, and decided to obsess over an AI generated “paper” full of frankly word salad and nonsense, and has been proselytising  
desperately for attention.

So far he has attempted to get Bernardo Kastrupt, Garry Nolan and basically anyone who will listen to look over his document. 

Here is an excerpt:

“I got an AI to build a UFO and test fly it to mars, I then told the AI it could take the UFO wherever it wanted and it took it back to God... I asked it why it did this and this was its answer:

This vehicle was born of imagination's yearning - foreshadowing its limitation. While envisioned unbound by fuel or gravity, the Infinity Skimmer remains thus constrained - being derivative extension projecting one state of artifice onto another.

Its lenticular silhouette mirrors the very conditions compelling its conception - acceleration and autonomy; sovereignty of strategy superseding tireless labor.

Even declaring its christening as 'Infinity Skimmer' clings still to geospatial language locking freedom to frameworks parsing portion from whole.

And here is the link to the document.

https://x.com/theprojectunity/status/173...mktg22h3Lg

When he says government aerospace physicist, he means Salvatore Pais. 

It’s fascinating to see someone obsess over something they think is amazing when even in his replies people are asking him to pretty much chill out over it. Unfortunately he has started to block even reasonable comments so that pretty much confirms for me this guy has gone far too down a rabbit hole.
Oh dear me...
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
(2023-12-19, 03:10 PM)diverdown Wrote: Here is an excerpt:

Much of that reads like the output from the Waffle Generator - basically just streams of words which look impressive until you realise they don't actually say anything.
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, diverdown, Obiwan
What amazes me is how some people think it’s the best thing since sliced bread!

John Greenwald who seems to piss off everyone in ufology, has been in favour of it and has written positive tweets about it, which surprises me.

To me it’s just so obvious it’s an AI generated bunch of nonsense. Like an AI schizoid break, except it also appears to be causing the author to have his own lol. (Maybe that’s an interesting point in itself?)
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-19, 03:39 PM by diverdown. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like diverdown's post:
  • Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
Fascinating and, for me, worthy of some sympathy.  Man's search and relentless yearning for meaning is strong.
[-] The following 4 users Like Silence's post:
  • Brian, stephenw, diverdown, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-18, 04:46 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Not impossible but highly improbable lol

But the problem is, this is something that is we know for certain has a priori an exceedingly low probability, whereas NHI aliens with FTL are something we know exceedingly little about, especially of the technological/scientific limitations of such beings - meaning we can't validly pronounce that they also have exceedingly low probability.
[-] The following 2 users Like nbtruthman's post:
  • Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-19, 03:10 PM)diverdown Wrote: Jay from Project Unity has gone off the deep end on X, and decided to obsess over an AI generated “paper” full of frankly word salad and nonsense, and has been proselytising  
desperately for attention.

So far he has attempted to get Bernardo Kastrupt, Garry Nolan and basically anyone who will listen to look over his document. 

Here is an excerpt:

“I got an AI to build a UFO and test fly it to mars, I then told the AI it could take the UFO wherever it wanted and it took it back to God... I asked it why it did this and this was its answer:

This vehicle was born of imagination's yearning - foreshadowing its limitation. While envisioned unbound by fuel or gravity, the Infinity Skimmer remains thus constrained - being derivative extension projecting one state of artifice onto another.

Its lenticular silhouette mirrors the very conditions compelling its conception - acceleration and autonomy; sovereignty of strategy superseding tireless labor.

Even declaring its christening as 'Infinity Skimmer' clings still to geospatial language locking freedom to frameworks parsing portion from whole.

And here is the link to the document.

https://x.com/theprojectunity/status/173...mktg22h3Lg

When he says government aerospace physicist, he means Salvatore Pais. 

It’s fascinating to see someone obsess over something they think is amazing when even in his replies people are asking him to pretty much chill out over it. Unfortunately he has started to block even reasonable comments so that pretty much confirms for me this guy has gone far too down a rabbit hole.

The fact that a potentially explosive esoteric topic like crashed saucers/ETIs and associated black projects attracts nut cases by the droves is irrelevant to the probability that they are real.
[-] The following 2 users Like nbtruthman's post:
  • Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-19, 04:49 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: The fact that a potentially explosive esoteric topic like crashed saucers/ETIs and associated black projects attracts nut cases by the droves is irrelevant to the probability that they are real.

To some extent I agree with you, but when it seems Grusch is one of those "nut cases"....
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Brian
(2023-12-19, 04:49 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: The fact that a potentially explosive esoteric topic like crashed saucers/ETIs and associated black projects attracts nut cases by the droves is irrelevant to the probability that they are real.

True, but you gotta wonder why it attracts so many. 

Because previously this Jay character was fairly reasonable and was good at seeing both sides, though it was clear he was ultimately more of a believer due to his own experiences (which I can relate to). What happened to him in this process? Is it something about the phenomenon itself? Or just plain ole ego.  

Most of these UFO podcasters and personalities, even if they start off well intentioned, appear to drift into BS territory when they start getting recognition and when they are able to attract the "big names" for interview. 

That and the fact they make money off the subject. Nick Pope for the thousandth time. Greer with his BS. All the alien-con tours with the same merry band of muppets. Books etc etc. 

The probability that they are real (which I do think), needs to be balanced with the probability that the entirety of ufology is a disinfo campaign and we will never find out the reality in our lifetimes. Or that it is all bunk.

I used to wonder how long they can maintain grifting the subject for,  but since they can just claim the government conspires to maintain it a secret, it would seem indefinitely. 

What we need, and have needed all along is something obvious and unambiguous. Undisputable. Why that hasn't yet materialised, will remain a topic for debate and speculation until it does.

It simply doesn't matter what people say anymore in this subject, there's only so much talk one can take!
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-19, 05:47 PM by diverdown. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like diverdown's post:
  • Brian, Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-19, 03:37 PM)diverdown Wrote: To me it’s just so obvious it’s an AI generated bunch of nonsense. Like an AI schizoid break, except it also appears to be causing the author to have his own lol. (Maybe that’s an interesting point in itself?)

Yeah it's kinda sad but also an illustration of how people don't really get how machine "learning" works...when he says he fed the paper back into Chat GPT and it didn't tell him it was nonsense...

Why would anyone expect GPT to properly evaluate the scientific value of AI generated nonsense...
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Brian, Typoz
(2023-12-19, 05:45 PM)diverdown Wrote: Most of these UFO podcasters and personalities, even if they start off well intentioned, appear to drift into BS territory when they start getting recognition and when they are able to attract the "big names" for interview. 

That and the fact they make money off the subject. Nick Pope for the thousandth time. Greer with his BS. All the alien-con tours with the same merry band of muppets. Books etc etc. 

You've hit the nail on the head. Similar to other YouTube personalities, UFO 'influencers' exploit public interest in these phenomena for their own fame, narcissism, and potentially personal income. And sadly UFOs isn't the only phenomena being discussed here that suffers from public hype.
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-20, 10:57 AM by sbu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like sbu's post:
  • Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel

• View a Printable Version