New developments on the UAP disclosure battle

77 Replies, 2050 Views

@Obiwan, the white with which you've coloured that Arthur C. Clarke quote only shows up in dark mode. I'm guessing that that was unintended, in which case you might like to remove the colouring so it shows up in both modes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Obiwan, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-16, 06:16 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: It's not clear FTL Travel is impossible.

It is generally challenging to disprove the existence of any concept absolutely, except perhaps in mathematics. For instance, the existence of faster-than-light (FTL) travel involving baryonic matter and the existence of Santa Claus are both concepts that cannot be definitively disproven. However, they are considered highly improbable due to the lack of observational evidence despite numerous experiments and studies.
(2023-12-17, 08:40 PM)sbu Wrote: It is generally challenging to disprove the existence of any concept absolutely, except perhaps in mathematics. For instance, the existence of faster-than-light (FTL) travel involving baryonic matter and the existence of Santa Claus are both concepts that cannot be definitively disproven. However, they are considered highly improbable due to the lack of observational evidence despite numerous experiments and studies.

As I’m sure most posters here know, there seem to be  a number of theories about how FTL travel might happen. I don’t know anyone suggesting Santa Claus’s imminent activities are real or any proposed basis in physics for it. I don’t know anyone who claims to have witnessed Santa leaving presents - well no one over the age of six or seven. This sounds like the usual pseudo sceptical “unicorn” argument.

Highly improbable is not the same as impossible btw.
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-17, 09:14 PM by Obiwan. Edited 2 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • tim, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-17, 12:53 PM)Laird Wrote: @Obiwan, the white with which you've coloured that Arthur C. Clarke quote only shows up in dark mode. I'm guessing that that was unintended, in which case you might like to remove the colouring so it shows up in both modes.
Thanks Laird. Have I fixed it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • Laird
(2023-12-17, 09:11 PM)Obiwan Wrote: I don’t know anyone suggesting Santa Claus’s imminent activities are real or any proposed basis in physics for it. I don’t know anyone who claims to have witnessed Santa leaving presents - well no one over the age of six or seven.

But ... but ... NORAD, in addition to keeping watch for incoming missiles and so on, regularly tracks Santa's journey around the globe each year Smile
Are you telling me that isn't real?
https://www.noradsanta.org/en/
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • diverdown, Obiwan, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-12-17, 09:11 PM)Obiwan Wrote: As I’m sure most posters here know, there seem to be  a number of theories about how FTL travel might happen. 

The problem with such ideas is that they often rely on hypothetical elements that have never been detected. Of course, this doesn't prove their non-existence; it merely renders their existence very improbable.
(2023-12-17, 09:12 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Thanks Laird. Have I fixed it?

Yep. Thumbs Up
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • tim, Obiwan
(2023-12-17, 10:59 PM)sbu Wrote: The problem with such ideas is that they often rely on hypothetical elements that have never been detected. Of course, this doesn't prove their non-existence; it merely renders their existence very improbable.

Very improbable according to the modern scientific paradigm of the Standard Model of physics and quantum mechanics. This completely ignores some possibilities the probability of which we simply don't know. For instance, the possibility that some ETI species might in their long up to millions of years of development have actually been able to achieve a meta-technology utilizing and controlling paranormal phenomena to various extents, phenomena which do not seem to be limited by many of the principles of the Standard Model. This achievement would have been accomplished long after gaining the sort of understanding of the physics of matter and energy and space-time that we currently have gained. 

I myself think this possible scenario actually fits both the apparently nuts-and-bolts piloted UFO vehicle interaction cases and many of the weirder cases rather well. However, counting to reduce this probability is the fact that up to the present, paranormal phenomena have not been shown to be particularly controllable or of large enough effect magnitude to fit this conceptual scheme. But then on the other hand, we have absolutely no idea what could be developed by a civilization millions of years old. Arthur C. Clark made the famous observation to the effect that the technology utilized by some ETIs would be indistinguishable from magic.
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-18, 04:41 PM by nbtruthman. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like nbtruthman's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Obiwan
(2023-12-17, 10:31 PM)Typoz Wrote: But ... but ... NORAD, in addition to keeping watch for incoming missiles and so on, regularly tracks Santa's journey around the globe each year Smile
Are you telling me that isn't real?
https://www.noradsanta.org/en/
Not impossible but highly improbable lol
[-] The following 3 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • Typoz, tim, Sciborg_S_Patel
Jay from Project Unity has gone off the deep end on X, and decided to obsess over an AI generated “paper” full of frankly word salad and nonsense, and has been proselytising  
desperately for attention.

So far he has attempted to get Bernardo Kastrupt, Garry Nolan and basically anyone who will listen to look over his document. 

Here is an excerpt:

“I got an AI to build a UFO and test fly it to mars, I then told the AI it could take the UFO wherever it wanted and it took it back to God... I asked it why it did this and this was its answer:

This vehicle was born of imagination's yearning - foreshadowing its limitation. While envisioned unbound by fuel or gravity, the Infinity Skimmer remains thus constrained - being derivative extension projecting one state of artifice onto another.

Its lenticular silhouette mirrors the very conditions compelling its conception - acceleration and autonomy; sovereignty of strategy superseding tireless labor.

Even declaring its christening as 'Infinity Skimmer' clings still to geospatial language locking freedom to frameworks parsing portion from whole.

And here is the link to the document.

https://x.com/theprojectunity/status/173...mktg22h3Lg

When he says government aerospace physicist, he means Salvatore Pais. 

It’s fascinating to see someone obsess over something they think is amazing when even in his replies people are asking him to pretty much chill out over it. Unfortunately he has started to block even reasonable comments so that pretty much confirms for me this guy has gone far too down a rabbit hole.
[-] The following 3 users Like diverdown's post:
  • Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel, Obiwan

• View a Printable Version