Happy fourth board anniversary

35 Replies, 2939 Views

(2021-08-26, 11:42 AM)woethekitty Wrote: Upon reflection, the above reply seems to imply that I think you're a prosthelytizor. This was not my intention. I have always enjoyed any online interactions we've had (I used to be dpdownsouth here, and still am on Skeptiko) and have never considered you to be an overly dogmatic or argumentative type of guy. 

Just wanted to clear that up.

No worries, I didn't interpret your post as being directed at me so to speak. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silence's post:
  • woethekitty
(2021-08-18, 10:55 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Oh I still disagree with the idea I owed him an apology. And I've little stomach for political talk or conspiracy theories.

I just feel no personal animosity toward Alex though i[f] we met in person I'd much rather discuss our points of agreement. Same if I met Malf for a pint.

Speaking of Malf... is he still with us? I just realized I've missed him... last post here was December 2020. Last post at Skeptiko was July 4th 2021.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hurmanetar's post:
  • Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel
This isn't meant as a dig at all towards you, Laird, or any others here, but maybe it'd be best to split the comments regarding Skeptiko into a thread separate from the one celebrating our anniversary (!). Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • diverdown, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2021-09-12, 06:04 PM)Ninshub Wrote: This isn't meant as a dig at all towards you, Laird, or any others here, but maybe it'd be best to split the comments regarding Skeptiko into a thread separate from the one celebrating our anniversary (!). Smile

Done, Ian. Moved here: https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-s...nniversary

Feel free, if you care to, to delete this post and/or your own.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • diverdown, Ninshub
(2021-09-12, 06:04 PM)Ninshub Wrote: This isn't meant as a dig at all towards you, Laird, or any others here, but maybe it'd be best to split the comments regarding Skeptiko into a thread separate from the one celebrating our anniversary (!). Smile

I do think we should transcend our origins at some point. Maybe next year we won't even discuss Skeptiko. Wink
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 3 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • stephenw, Ninshub, diverdown
I don't think I've posted here so far. I'm glad this forum is still running. Psience Quest means different things to each of us, I think. But it wouldn't exist at all without the members who post or read here. It has sometimes been a bumpy ride and yet we collectively, are still here. Let's see where the future takes us - with hope and optimism from me.
[-] The following 6 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Silence, Laird, diverdown, tim, Ninshub

• View a Printable Version