Roundo: our new mobile-friendly theme, proposed to be set as default

131 Replies, 3674 Views

(2023-02-21, 12:13 AM)Max_B Wrote: Obviously I'm only suggesting this, if they have no light preference set, i.e. default 'Automatic' in foxfire... currently the site defaults to light, I'm just suggesting it defaults to dark?

Forget that, I realise I haven't understood the definition of 'automatic' as being the users computer system, and not what I assumed was the web site owners preferred scheme
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max_B's post:
  • Laird
I've made a change that I hope enhances the theme slightly: in responsive mode, rather than showing a second header row with the text "☰ Menu", now only the one header row is shown, with the hamburger symbol (☰) to the far left (i.e., omitting the "Menu" text, which seems redundant). Clicking on the hamburger symbol brings up the same menu as before. The motivation behind this change is to save on vertical space, which is more precious on mobile devices.
Hi @tim can I ask what hardware, operating system and browser you are using to cut and paste/post to the forum?

I use roundo dark to view the forum nowadays, and for some reason many of your pasted quotes on your posts are preformated in some html type of thing, with text set in some black or dark grey that makes them invisible in roundo dark.

You're the only member of the site this frequently occurs with... the only browser I vaguely remember that had such weird behaviour was Microsoft's old Internet Explorer (IE)...? Just wondering what is causing it to happen so often on your posts... and wondered if it was IE you were using?
  • tim
(2023-03-09, 09:43 PM)Max_B Wrote: can I ask what hardware, operating system and browser you are using to cut and paste/post to the forum?

Of course, Microsoft Edge, Max.

(2023-03-09, 09:43 PM)Max_B Wrote: I use roundo dark to view the forum nowadays, and for some reason many of your pasted quotes on your posts are preformated in some html type of thing, with text set in some black or dark grey that makes them invisible in roundo dark.

That's not good, but I have no idea why. I have had several problems with the forum which I just put up with because I can't do anything about them (I'm not complaining BTW). One is..when I post any text, the writing is microscopic, so I have to turn it blue and go to the font size to make it larger. 

Another is I have to keep signing in, the 'remember me' function doesn't work for me. I also can't access the portal anymore, I just get a 'page not found'.
(This post was last modified: 2023-03-09, 09:58 PM by tim.)
(2023-03-09, 09:58 PM)tim Wrote: Of course, Microsoft Edge, Max.

That's not good, but I have no idea why. I have had several problems with the forum which I just put up with because I can't do anything about them (I'm not complaining BTW). One is..when I post any text, the writing is microscopic, so I have to turn it blue and go to the font size to make it larger. 

Another is I have to keep signing in, the 'remember me' function doesn't work for me. I also can't access the portal anymore, I just get a 'page not found'.

Cheers... what operating system are you on Tim?
(2023-03-09, 10:09 PM)Max_B Wrote: Cheers... what operating system are you on Tim?

A box computer ? A genius key board and a neovo monitor. Basically cr*p... but I don't like technology much. Oh and virgin provider.
(This post was last modified: 2023-03-09, 10:56 PM by tim. Edited 1 time in total.)
(2023-03-09, 10:48 PM)tim Wrote: A box computer ? A genius key board and a neovo monitor. Basically cr*p...

OK... that might be the problem... LOL
  • tim
(2023-03-09, 11:10 PM)Max_B Wrote: OK... that might be the problem...  LOL

You know, Max, I was much happier with black and white telly even radio with diodes and two tin cans with a piece of string between them. You can blame Woerlee for my presence/activity on the net. Without him, I never would have bothered.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Silence
(2023-03-09, 11:32 PM)tim Wrote: You know, Max, I was much happier with black and white telly even radio with diodes and two tin cans with a piece of string between them. You can blame Woerlee for my presence/activity on the net. Without him, I never would have bothered.

You would have gone on the net anyway. LOL

I bought mum (80+) a little chromebox, with a big monitor around 4 years ago, to replace her knackered and virus ridden laptop. Plugged it in for her, and away she went. It's limited, but allows her to browse the web and get email, and she's never had a problem with it.
(2023-03-09, 11:50 PM)Max_B Wrote: You would have gone on the net anyway.  LOL

I bought mum (80+) a little chromebox, with a big monitor around 4 years ago, to replace her knackered and virus ridden laptop. Plugged it in for her, and away she went. It's limited, but allows her to browse the web and get email, and she's never had a problem with it.

No, I wouldn't Max, honestly. I'm glad your mum is enjoying it, though !
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Max_B

• View a Printable Version