Psi Text Resources Thread

153 Replies, 55778 Views

Courtesy of the SPR Twitter page - here's a new book (in French) by Thomas Rabeyron, entitled "Clinique des expériences exceptionnelles." The description says it offers an original synthesis combining clinical psychology, psychoanalysis and neurosciences:
https://www.dunod.com/sciences-humaines-...tionnelles
On his blog, Carlos S. Alvarado has posted the first in a series entitled "Catching Up with the Old Psychical Research Literature", with links to older published works that are available online:
https://carlossalvarado.wordpress.com/20...erature-i/
Here is a new blog post (in Italian) by Massimo Biondi about early Italian psychical research:
https://psireport.wordpress.com/2020/03/...-italiana/

Google Translate spits it out, but Bing Translate manages OK, once it's been told the original page is in Italian.
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page:

The Preserving the Historical Collections of Parapsychology (PHCP) site has a page dedicated to the SPR. The page lists the SPR's main collections in the field:

Quote:Prominent collections about mediums and researchers, some donated by the individual:  Donald West, Maurice Grosse, Guy Lyon Playfair, Anthony Donald (Tony) Cornell, Andrew MacKenzie, Mrs Rosalie Thompson, William Henry Salter, Charles Drayton Thomas, Eva C. (Marthe Béraud), Edith Lyttelton, Mina (Margery) Crandon, William Fletcher Barrett, Daniel Dunglas Home, Eusapia Palladino, Helena Blavatsky, Eileen J. Garrett, Richard George Medhurst, Eric Robertson Dodds, Walter Whately Carington, Williams Crookes, Herbert Francis Saltmarsh, Manfred Cassirer, Rosalind Heywood, Anita Gregory, Rudi Schneider, Willi Schneider, Brian C. Nisbet, J.H. Michael Whiteman, Kenneth J. Batcheldor … and many others!

There are also research collections about these and many other topics:  Aberfan tragedy; Borley Rectory; cross correspondences; extrasensory perception (ESP); poltergeists and hauntings; and study of Jourdain and Moberley’s ‘An Adventure’.
The SPR Facebook page clued me in to a trilogy of books to be sequentially released in coming months, up to early next year, by Gayle H Kimball, based on many interviews she's conducted with "visionary" and "courageous" scientists and healers, of whom the names of many will be very familiar to Psience Quest members. Many of Gayle's interviews are available on her YouTube channel (they've currently been displaced by a bunch of climate change interviews, but if you scroll past those you'll start to see them).

An introduction to the final book in the series, which is based on visionary scientists, "Mysteries of Reality: Dialogues with Visionary Scientists", including the book's table of contents, is available at academia.edu.

Gayle also has a blog devoted to this trilogy: https://visionaryscientists.home.blog/ht...home-blog/

The featured post on that blog provides a timeline for the availability of the books:

"Mysteries of Knowledge Beyond the Senses" will be available in March 2020 as an ebook from the major online distributors and in print from Equality Press: https://gaylekimball.info/bookstore/.

"Mysteries of Healing" will be available as an ebook and in print from Waterside Press in April 2020.

"Mysteries of Reality: Dialogues with Visionary Scientists" will be available from IFF John Hunt Press in February 2021.

ETA: a quick search of Amazon suggests that Mysteries of Knowledge has, in fact, not yet been released - at least on that site.
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-02, 03:25 PM by Laird.)
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page is The beginnings of psychical research on the Western Mysteries blog of Robin Douglas. In this post, which I've read only a little of, the author considers "the material that was produced by psychical researchers in [the period in which serious research into the paranormal began in earnest:] Victorian England".
Also courtesy of the SPR Facebook page is Catching Up with the Old Psychical Research Literature — II on Carlos S. Alvarado's Parapsychology blog. Carlos writes:

Quote:Because we are still practicing social isolation due to the virus problem, I am presenting more links to books from the old psychical research literature in case you need reading material.

I hope you find them interesting.

He then shares a list of links.

Previously, on 24 March 2020, he'd posted Catching Up with the Old Psychical Research Literature — I
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page is ‘Weirdness and Complexity’, the full review by Alan Murdie of Greening the Paranormal: Exploring the Ecology of Extraordinary Experience (2019) edited by Jack Hunter, foreword by Paul Devereux.

Alan Murdie writes that "this book features contributions from a variety of writers, all of whom are convinced there is a close connection between psychic experience and the natural world".

I haven't yet read the full review but am posting it for interest's sake.
Courtesy of the SPR's Twitter account, Chapter three of Telepathy in Contemporary, Conceptual and Performance Art by Jacquelene Drinkall entitled "Susan Hiller: psychical researcher and weirdness investigator" has been published to academia.edu.

Of this chapter, which I haven't (yet?) read, the author writes that it "investigates the ways in which artists who have engaged with telepathy and psychic phenomena have externalised their work in the form of ‘experiments,’ performances, and activities. Artistic engagement with telepathy has often taken the form of experiments modeled on both scientific activity and also on mystic activity. I intend to show that the models of experimentation that artists have used have made a significant difference to the ways in which they have understood telepathy. A key instance is the work of Susan Hiller, a British-based U.S. artist whose work on dreams and telepathy in a Conceptual Art context has heavily relied on the notions of the ‘experiment’ and ‘research.’ Although Surrealists most clearly constructed research situations in their work in the 1920s, I intend to show that Conceptual Art in the 1960s and 70s re-established the paradigm of the experimental situation and that this was also closely tied to a concern with telepathy and telepathetic-like phenomena."
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-07, 06:41 AM by Laird.)
Also courtesy of the SPR's Twitter account: Massimo Biondi's Da trovare e da leggere (which seems to translate as "To find and read") on the Psi Report blog. As with Carlos S. Alvarado's posts above, it is a collection of psi resources with which to occupy oneself whilst socially isolating.
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-07, 06:44 AM by Laird.)

• View a Printable Version