Psience Quest Interview No. 4: Rudolf Smit and Titus Rivas

69 Replies, 20227 Views

(2018-03-18, 01:12 PM)Titus Rivas Wrote: We have no idea, Laird. The Italian translation is ready to be published - I've seen the manuscript - but they first want to publish one or more other books. So we'll have to wait and see,

As I remember, German translation was also planned... and then cancelled. Do I remember correctly?
(2018-03-18, 02:48 PM)Vortex Wrote: As I remember, German translation was also planned... and then cancelled. Do I remember correctly?

As I recall it, they just considered translating the book, as did a Polish publisher, but so far it hasn't happened.
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-19, 04:04 PM by Titus Rivas.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Titus Rivas's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Vortex
Disturbing news about Smithy aka Rudolf H. Smit. He suffered a major heart attack yesterday and is still at the ICU of a local hospital.

Let's all hope and pray that he'll soon recover completely.
[-] The following 12 users Like Titus Rivas's post:
  • berkelon, Ninshub, malf, Valmar, Raimo, Enrique Vargas, tim, Vortex, Silence, Typoz, Doug, Stan Woolley
(2018-07-27, 11:02 AM)Titus Rivas Wrote: Disturbing news about Smithy aka Rudolf H. Smit. He suffered a major heart attack yesterday and is still at the ICU of a local hospital.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope he’s ok.
[-] The following 6 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • Valmar, Raimo, Enrique Vargas, tim, Typoz, Titus Rivas
I am very sad to hear that. I do hope Rudolf recovers to continue his excellent research work and participation in the forum.
[-] The following 7 users Like tim's post:
  • Ninshub, Valmar, Raimo, Typoz, Titus Rivas, Enrique Vargas, Vortex
Oh God, I just saw this.... Oh no.... Please, update us as soon as you have any news, Titus, please.... Praying for his recovery.
[-] The following 3 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • Valmar, Vortex, Titus Rivas
(2018-07-27, 11:02 AM)Titus Rivas Wrote: Disturbing news about Smithy aka Rudolf H. Smit. He suffered a major heart attack yesterday and is still at the ICU of a local hospital.

Please write us about any changes in his condition as soon as you can, Titus!
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
—Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 3 users Like Vortex's post:
  • Valmar, Enrique Vargas, Titus Rivas
I pray that his body stays healthy, and that he pulls through without complication. Smile
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
~ Carl Jung

(This post was last modified: 2018-07-28, 12:16 AM by Valmar.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Valmar's post:
  • Vortex, Titus Rivas
Thank you all for the considerate comments.

Here's an update by Miny Potze, Rudolf's wife:

Rudolf is still at the ICU. Today (Saturday) he had his first meal after the heart attack. He's receiving a treatment for the repair of damaged heart cells, which can last upto five days. After that, he'll get open heart surgery. 

We're still not there yet, but there is no reason to despair.
(This post was last modified: 2018-07-29, 08:41 AM by Titus Rivas.)
[-] The following 12 users Like Titus Rivas's post:
  • Silence, Laird, Obiwan, Ninshub, Raimo, Doug, tim, Enrique Vargas, Valmar, Vortex, Stan Woolley, Typoz
Is it known what may have lead to his unfortunate heart attack, Titus?
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
~ Carl Jung

[-] The following 1 user Likes Valmar's post:
  • Titus Rivas

• View a Printable Version