NDE's

143 Replies, 86988 Views

[Edited by a moderator to eliminate copyright violation]

This rather curious NDE report from Canadian broadcaster Robert Helm, appeared in the same edition of this (Macleans) magazine. As we don't and cannot know the nature of this other dimension, Mr Helm's report is what it is, a somewhat illogical 'post card ' from 'the other side', which may provide some merriment for the sceptics (lets face it they need it occasionally) 

However, the majority of the report seems to broadly square with the literature, so it's worth a look even just for the encounter with the street sweeper and Einstein Wink (or did Mr Helm simply label them as such ?)    

GLIMPSES OF AN AFTERLIFE?

A light triggers eerie memories (April 20 1992)

Quote:Dreams? Hallucinations? Keys to understanding the conscious state? Or real glimpses of an afterlife? The experts disagree on the phenomena known as near-death experiences. But the people who have them tell remarkably similar stories of otherworldly encounters that have changed the way they live. Robert Helm, for one, suffered a brief cardiac arrest during knee surgery on Nov. 7, 1979. Now 59 and retired near Trent River, Ont., east of Peterborough, from a career in broadcasting, Helm told Associate Editor Nora Underwood that a hospital light triggered memories of a fantastic adventure when his heart was stopped.

http://archive.macleans.ca/article/1992/...-afterlife
(This post was last modified: 2018-10-14, 06:06 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 4 users Like tim's post:
  • Obiwan, Stan Woolley, Typoz, Ninshub
This man's (Herr Dieter B) NDE occurred during sleep apnea (respiratory stoppage of any duration from ½ to 2-3 minutes, unknown exactly) on 25.4.2013 in the bedroom of his house.

The report:  (this is from a PDF in German which Herr B posted on the net)

I did not know where I was.  Everything was bright, friendly and warm, pastel beige,
creamy white and in infinite space. There I saw (my friend) Laura who died in 2004 at the age of 47.
She wore a long white robe down to her ankles and had bare feet, no stockings or
shoes on.

She looked much younger than 47, more like a 28-30 year old and she would never have been without her shoes in her life! I had to laugh; I actually shook with laughter it was so funny to see her without shoes. She looked at me and communicated without moving her mouth, only through thoughts.  She told me: Take a look at yourself!

When I looked down, I was startled, because I too wore a white robe and was also bare footed.
"Shit" (sorry for swearing) I thought, now you're dead!  So that's it then!  But I didn't have any angst about it. No fear! 

She held out her left hand and we approached a big, bright light that did not dazzle me or cast any shadows. We walked on what felt like cotton wool, but there was no ground to see. Later I did an interview with a student and I compared it to Baltic sand (which is very soft), since I, like most humans, have obviously never walked on cotton wool.

The closer we got to the light, the more pleasant it became, a feeling of
infinite warmth, love and security !!  Then something really great happened. I felt like I was being filled up with warm water right down to my feet! An incredible feeling ! (This curious occurrence was also reported in a broadly similar way by Pam Reynolds)

Then I came back to myself (conscious) breathing heavily. My face was wet, I didn't  
know where I was and thought: Wow, what was that? Then I realized
that I was lying on my bed in the bedroom. I was greatly disappointed and quickly  
closed my eyes to try to immediately return to that beautiful world.
I did not succeed!

For 3 days I tried to relax in my chair and return to this
fantastic NDE world, unfortunately without success. A first conversation with my wife
brought a typical reaction that I had only dreamed it, spun a fantasy. Later, she
understood and supported me  when I was processing the NDE.
What has changed in my life? I can totally relax! (Formerly not possible)

I'm not afraid of death anymore. I have become more tolerant. I see many things
now with different eyes.  I lie awake and work (it through) almost every night for 1 to 1 ½ hours
me with God and the world (that's how the presentation came about). I am more sensitive
and the NDE accompanies me through my day and is always present. Feelings like laughing and crying
are the order of the day.

With news (of deaths) and funerals (I have attended six from May to December
2013)  I see more the positive aspects: A motorcyclist meets his death while enjoying a great
hobby (great in the respect of where he is now)  or an 88 year old dies in bed (oh how beautiful!) When I'm cleaning the glass roof on the terrace, the thought comes to me that  if I should fall down there and break (my neck) I will fall right into Laura's arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xj0FOiaDy8

I obtained permission to post it by contacting Herr B by email 
(This post was last modified: 2018-11-14, 12:51 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • Raimo, Typoz, Laird, Obiwan, Mediochre, Stan Woolley
Herr Dieter B experienced an after death communication 2 years later after the death of his close friend.

On 19.4.2015 a dear friend of ours (my wife and me) died 
after a short but very severe cancer at the age of 67
Of course we were at the subsequent funeral.
We are still in close contact with his wife.  
On 30.4.15 I had the following experience: 

Reinhold appeared to me (in a dream?). He stood behind a barrier, waving to me excitedly with his
left hand and wearing a beaming smile all over his face. He looked great, about 30 years old,
with thick dark hair and a khaki uniform shirt. It was only a very
short encounter, but it is the only memory of that night.

In addition one must know that I only sleep about 5 hours a night since my NDE and  
in the morning I can recall details very well. From this particular night it was only
a short sequence in memory (of about 1-2 minutes) 
I was very puzzled (by it) and subsequently discussed it with 2 people (at my support group) who were familiar 
with after death communication. Both have told me independently, "someone wanted"
to say goodbye to you. 

But the story goes on: 

In August, I called his wife to wish her a happy birthday.

During the call, I asked her if  Reinhold used to beckon with his left hand
(he was a double bass player) and whether he has a khaki-coloured uniform shirt.
She was unsure about the waving hand, but the shirt got her really excited.
Yes, one of these hangs in the cellar (she said) and he always liked to wear it when he was doing his sketches
(Apparently he liked to take the mickey out of the German army in a sort of sketch)
At that time when he used to do that he was around 30 and still had a full head of dark hair!
His wife was upset, but said it was very comforting for her to know that he was well and happy. 
I had never had an after death contact before, but after my NDE in 2013
I have become more sensitive to such things. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7osGIODyp4
(This post was last modified: 2018-11-13, 07:15 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 8 users Like tim's post:
  • Raimo, Typoz, Laird, Obiwan, Kamarling, Mediochre, Ninshub, Stan Woolley
In July 2014, Joe Hirl was driven to hospital by his wife suffering from an acute heart attack. As he was received by emergency room Doctor Harold Moores and his team, Hirl's heart completely stopped and the medics spent a record (for them) 57 minutes trying to bring him back, eventually succeeding. 

It's interesting to note the different protocols in different States (of America) ten minutes here (Michigan) and they (usually) stop according to Moores.  

“He technically was dead,” Dr. Moores said. “Here we are 13 minutes into it. The standard for CPR is you go 10 minutes, then you’re done. We kept trying because he kept trying. He would get a sustained rhythm with a pulse, then we would lose it. He kept trying to live.”

https://healthbeat.spectrumhealth.org/he...k-to-life/

The same doctor Moores is briefly interviewed (2.24) in this magazine (slightly sentimental) style news report which focusses on the NDE's of two women, mainly Mary Robling. 

Dr Moores mentions an out of body experience (reported by a man during resuscitation) and an encounter with his deceased mother which is similarly reported above. Maybe it's the same guy, maybe not. 

https://www.9and10news.com/2018/11/14/sp...om-heaven/
(This post was last modified: 2018-11-16, 04:32 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tim's post:
  • Oleo, Doug
[Edited to include link to French source. - Doug]

Guy Chanet is a French pastoral deacon and variety artist. He had two separate out of body experiences five years apart. Here he describes the first one which occurred at his home in 1990.

I contacted Monsieur Chanet by email and he very kindly gave me permission to post his "experience de morte imminente" (EMI) (NDE) which I've translated the best I can.  

http://www.iands-france.org/ACCOUNTS/acc_nde00.html#guy

It is January 1990. I am married to Danielle and we are parents of six children in all (two of whom are adopted). At the time, as well as practicing as a permanent deacon, the pastoral caretaker of the parish of Banneux, I am also a 'variety artist' (magic, illusion, automaton, animator of shows)

The events that occurred at my home :

In December 1982 I had a myocardial infarction and was treated in Liège. 
In 1987: I experienced angina attacks, in 1988 I received coronarographies and angioplasties. 
In January 1990, I suffered another severe angina attack. It is the afternoon and knowing what's happening to me, I lie down on the couch in my office-dining room. My wife calls for help. My eldest son is here by my side. 

While waiting for help, I have a vice-like tightness in my chest, my jaw hurts and I have pains in my left arm. I am calm and still trying to reassure my son and my wife. I close my eyes and lose consciousness according to the words of my family (after). 

Immediately, I find myself outside my body. In what form am I ? And how can I explain it to give reality it's due? In a form of vapour, a small cloud.....to describe it today it seems to me it had a smooth "satin" consistency. It has 'proportions' because I can orientate myself very well in space and I have a very sharp memory of this.

"I"... am shorter than the desk, about the same width, I encumber about 1 m by 60 cm in length by about 40 cm wide. Of course these measurements are approximate, it is all in comparison with the office, because I am above it all, closer to the ceiling than the ground. I have a 'birds eye' view of the area. 

And then, I truly become aware of my presence in the place and my new way of being. All this (occurred) without any fear, without questioning it (what was happening), for me, it's a fact!  And I observe (it) and make an inventory (note). 

From my new location, I watch the situation dispassionately. My physical body is down there, lying on the couch. The eyes are closed. This body is about three, maybe four metres away from me (below). I am currently above the head of this body, to its left.  I feel very little pity for "him" (the body) Maybe indifference. A bit like looking at an old coat I'm about to discard.

What leaves me less indifferent are the cries of my son, whom I distinguish and understand. He was 22 years old at the time. He is there on his knees, beside this inert body and shouts: Papa, Dad, do not leave, do not abandon us!  He's crying. I see his back, but I also saw his face. 

On the other hand, turning my back, I perceive my wife outside through the walls of the house waiting impatiently for the arrival of help and she is also completely distraught. 

When I say "I see"... "I hear"... it is not exactly the same way as with the senses of my body. I say rather I perceived and understood, but not with the eyes or the ears. By now I do not feel the need to answer and anyway I do not have the means to do so ... but I was going to say... it does not even enter my head! But besides (of course) where is my head?

I am experiencing something else, another reality and will not or cannot communicate (verbally) any more, even though I retain an understanding of the situation and it's demands. 

But I do not feel like leaving them. No, I'm still here. One fact is that they experience it as a heart-breaking separation, but... for me, no.  However, I do not know if that is just for the moment or forever? The question of how I am to communicate does not arise. I perceive and understand, but they do not perceive me anymore, (only what they believe to be me)...only my absence. 

When I said I made an inventory (of the situation) quite matter of factly, here is the "proof."

In the upper corner of the room, I can see a spider in its web and I watch it move in detail. Why ??  This would not be important otherwise, but I just died! (so how did I see it - see two paragraphs below)
Then, at a certain moment I feel I have been violently sucked back into the body.... I return to 'him/it' in the centre of the forehead. 

There ends my extra corporeal experience.... 

I can hear, this time with my ears, the sirens of the ambulance arriving on the scene.

After they've stabilized me (with medical assistance) I am loaded onto a stretcher. I communicate with the nurses and the doctor. During the manoeuvres (to get me out) I see back to the corner where the spider is. This time seeing her with my physical eyes...and I smile. I remember what I've just experienced but I don't say anything about it. 

Because when I was lying on the couch, this corner was hidden by a wide wall/pillar that separates the room in two, so I could not have seen it (then) with my physical eyes. But it (the spider) was there !

This experience left me with a funny feeling. Yes, our being survives...for me, it's a fact. But what does this "vapour" or "cloud"  become over time, if time still exists? In any case, it can be "sucked back" into my body and now I know it! Or could it go into another body somewhere else? Will it dissolve away, evaporate to nothingness? There is no answer.

(NB, these questions are based on my curiosity, I am trying to answer them for the moment with my faith and my hopes, but this is another point of view) On the other hand, I do not feel any fear of reliving this experience. I will even say more. There is a certain impatience to relive it again, to experience perhaps another "end" (death)

The experience has changed my way of living, for example:
For my duties as a deacon, I felt compelled to accompany (dying) people during this separation ordeal which we call death. I always strive to accompany the person beyond his separation from his body and encourage them to pursue this discovery calmly.

All this of course with the discretion from one's heart and mind, spoken in words or not (if they prefer) depending on (what is appropriate for)) the people present. Because now I know this existence beyond our reality.

...And the adventure would continue …

Monsieur Chanet describes a second experience during surgery in part two.
(This post was last modified: 2018-12-22, 06:24 PM by tim.)
  • Obiwan, Ninshub, Typoz, Doug
Guy Chanet part 2 -  THE SECOND EXPERIENCE. 

We are now five years further on, In June 1995. Since January 1990 my heart and health have not improved. By-passes cannot be considered (at the moment) because the situation, as the cardiologist says, is too widespread. Following this crisis, when I had my first out of body experience, the CHU cardiologist decided to implant a "Palma Schatz" stent.

This is the first time this operation has been held at the CHU and will be undertaken with the help of an American surgeon.  In 1991, 93 and 95 I had to undergo three coronary interventions for unstable angina.  But, during this last intervention in June 95, the examination went badly wrong. A "trainee" accidentally tore an artery. The following is my understanding of the events following the explanations that they were kind enough to give me.

The next morning I am in intensive care, on the cardiac by-pass. "There is nothing to lose" !! (these were the words of the cardiology team to my wife, I am not going to quote the name of the doctor who said it)   "This is the last chance (for him), we have to go for it !"

So here I am, in the operating room, under general anaesthesia, completely unconscious.  
My chest is (cut) open and my left leg also. I later learn that the leg was utilised to provide veins (grafts). The professor teacher is present, a surgeon, the anaesthesiologist, my doctor, some nurses and a lady who is not very proactive, but talks a lot. 

She speaks in a voice that seems to me abhorrent. She says what I feel today are crazy things about the situation (they are observing). Some laugh, others are impassive. My GP, who is also a friend, is a rather serious man and stands behind the operating table. In fact, they just lost me!  

Ah, yes I forgot to tell you, for a long time I'm (back up) in my "cloud" and I'm observing this entourage working around my body. It's the same kind of feeling as during the first experience.  Once again, I am "aware" of the situation and the reality. I'm in a dark atmosphere (in his position up in the air) with a very bright centre, (presumably the illuminated area from the power of the overhead lighting).  I perceive the lady's derogatory words about me. The sadness of my doctor. The anxiety of them all; their feeling of failure, even panic in some. Feelings that I absolutely do not share.

(on the contrary) I feel calm and peaceful. I watch dispassionately. I can see through the bodies of the participants my own stretched out unconscious physical body, disemboweled in its entirety, the blood and the perceptible cold of it... but that (the cold) I do not feel. I see myself cut open in two places ... exposed there, by the blinding overhead light, white (skin colour) and raw (flesh).

This time I do not feel a semblance of pity, but a rejection of this body ... no, this cannot be me, it is too disgusting! I hardly recognize it (me). Like that lady, I probably take a step back (recoil). Rereading my notes (that I made later), I ask myself the question, is it after this out of body experience that I was having these feelings? I will say afterwards, it seems to me that being "cloudy" (in that cloud/vapour state as Monsieur Chanet describes how he felt he was ) I was indifferent.  I wake up, I'm in the recovery room, according to the nurses and doctors taking turns at my bedside "everything went very well" … 

(however, I am thinking) "It's not good to lie to the ex-dead!" (things of course did not go well but they did not know that he knew that)

Everything is memorized, internalised, engraved deep within me. It is a terrible ordeal that I've just experienced. Because I did not want this body anymore! I was reinstated back into it by force. Of life ? By science and medical technology? But life in this body will never be the same; I now (sort of) carry this body. And this body drags me, me...the "cloudy guy!" Because I'm really light when I'm free. This body...it continues to play with me...it is necessary, he (it) is me...the human. And I have to accept this union again.  And this darned heart continues to have "episodes" (in 2001, in 2005 and in 2006 it, until the installation of a Cypher stent finally stabilized me).    

Monsieur Chanet then describes a lengthy period when he suffered some kind of a breakdown. He was treated for this in a six week period during which he suffered [i][i]intrusive hallucinations he described as nothing like his out of body experiences.  [/i][/i]

These hallucinations are nothing like what I experienced at the time of the operation.....

For me the proof that what I had experienced during the out of body experience was that it was deep rooted in me, probably in my subconscious. And that these (mentally) recorded images (of his body cut open) would reappear in me and cause stress. Still today it takes a lot of courage for me to share this episode. My goal is not to proselytise, but to try to understand this "phenomenon". (I must add) I began with sleep disorders, apnea, hypopnea, nightmares and more hallucinations which left me in a state of physical exhaustion which only resolved after (new) tests in February 2013 prescribed by a different cardiologist. 

Of course, before all that, I had revealed this experience to my doctor. He listened to me and was amazed at my description of the operation. How did I know about the presence of the lady in question and her words (which I cannot however reveal)? I could not possibly have been aware because I was under anaesthesia and monitored!

What I know, in any case, is that this scene is engraved in me, inscribed in my memory, but even more so in my subconscious. (And) The relationship with my body has since changed. I don't care (much) about it ...  I guess I am different from those people's testimonials where they say that after this kind of experience they wish to enthusiastically live this newfound earthly life.....   

As for my GP, who is also a friend, It is important to know however that there was a professional "reserve" (discreetness) on his part, but there was also an explicit confirmation (from him) that the facts that I reported to him were indeed correct and of the order of reality. That indeed the people present were certainly those who I quoted and that "ice" had been used during the operation. That yes, I had been "lost" (during the operation) …his discretion rather focused on the content of the "infamous" words of the lady present, without denying the inappropriate part of those (her) remarks. He also expressed his astonishment at the description I gave him of the situation. 

Many thanks to Guy Chanet for kindly allowing me to post his experiences ! 
(This post was last modified: 2018-12-22, 04:35 PM by tim.)
  • Enrique Vargas, Obiwan, Ninshub, Typoz
As many proponents are aware, The NDE phenomenon is gaining ever greater attention and investigation all around the world. This story is related by the head of an Italian cardiology department, Dr Carlo Cipolla. I've translated the first part of the interview the best I can and although I'm confident that it's about right, I can't guarantee that it's word perfect.  

Stories like these should give sceptics pause for thought, but unlike Dr Cipolla ( who actually has to deal with these events) their (the sceptics) determination to write them off as meaningless hallucinations continues regardless.

Interviewer:

Hello, we are here with Dr Carlo Cipolla  who is the head of the cardiology division and also an oncologist in the European cancer centre in Milan. Sometimes we hear of a very profound story that doesn't have an explanation and this one greatly impressed you ?

Dr Cipolla :

Sure, it's a story that touched me deeply. When I worked in one of the coronary care units in the centre, on the night shift at two 'o' clock in the morning, a "well to do" woman arrived with a heart attack on the right wall (of the heart) which often causes complications in rhythm, such as a slowing down. In fact it slows down to 15-20 beats a minute and therefore the patient is completely unconscious. We immediately took her to the operating room which is next to the coronary care unit and fitted her with a pacemaker which raises the heart beat up to seventy beats a minute. We finished the intervention and after about an hour of complete unconsciousness she woke up.

At about three 'o' clock in the (same) morning, another lady arrived, totally different, from a lower class area, the mother of two convicts and of a lower social status. Two more different women you couldn't find and the first a believer, whist the second, totally secular. This (second) patient was in cardiac arrest and we fought to revive her for about twenty minutes.

She managed to pull through and was hospitalised. The story that occurred that night has a symmetrical aspect to it, they were both kept in for about twenty days, attached to me, and I saw them at three, six, nine and twelve month intervals and they always came at the same time because their arrest occurred on the same day.

We got to one year (onwards) and I went down to the clinic to see them, thankfully (they were) usually cheerful. But this time I see the first one putting her head down on the table (forlornly) saying...

"What happened doctor, I do not understand!"

"You are doing so well," I said.... 

"No, I did not tell you before but I had an experience during my resuscitation. I came out of my body and saw you busy with me from a point high up in the corner of the room. I saw myself, my body and at a certain point I was sucked into a tunnel of light with a feeling of great peace and at the end of this tunnel, I met loved ones in a light of indescribable intensity and beauty. I found myself in total peace and serenity but suddenly I was sucked back into my body." 

Dr Cipolla :

You've heard of these classic cases as reported by (psychiatrist) Raymond Moody. Now the second patient also told me the same story, how she had seen her own resuscitation and saw things that she couldn't have seen from her position. She saw exactly who worked on her, me with the mask, my wife who was head nurse, she told the same story seeing her body from outside herself, recounting being in a tunnel of light and having seen her loved ones and then being pulled towards an intense light that gave her knowledge.

The amazing thing was, these women never spoke to each other. One was a believer, the other secular but they both had the same experience and told the same story in relation to this event (cardiac arrest) and there are now thousands and thousands of these stories all over the world, in all religious denominations, all social classes, a truly plural phenomenon in which neurology is particularly interested. Scientists are questioning the nature of this.

As  a cardiologist, there doesn't exist a more practical, pragmatic medic than myself. I'm not a psychologist or a philosopher; I'm also an atheist and have no predisposition to believe any of these stories but it has certainly changed my perception as to the cause of these events in which they are generally reluctant to speak of but which are much more frequent than you would think...... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJrtGrGOVlM
(This post was last modified: 2019-05-31, 12:53 PM by tim.)
  • Obiwan, Raimo, Doug, Typoz
From a programme discussion on the subject, this is a report from Frenchman Bruno Camilleri who suffered a heart attack with two cardiac arrests while playing golf. He described himself later in the video as a very down to earth type who would not have believed such a thing was possible...but because it happened to him he had to accept it.

That is one of the reasons I find the never ending resistance from sceptics to be untenable. Once again, they might like to ask themselves, if it happened to them, why do they presuppose that their interpretation of the event would be any different than this clearly intelligent and articulate individual ?

(Not verbatim, less than one quarter of the dialogue)

Interviewer/host :

You were the victim of a cardiac arrest in February, in fact you had two cardiac arrests

Bruno Camilleri :

What happened was I was playing golf and I had a heart attack with two thrombosis' that required paramedics to attend. The first thrombosis caused a brief cardiac arrest and then I had a second thrombosis which caused a severe (prolonged) cardiac arrest, which needed two or three electric shocks and that's when I had an extraordinary experience.

What I experienced was, I slipped into a very calm world, bathed in a soothing light, and found myself in a position above the scene. I saw what was going on outside and inside the truck (where he was being defibrillated). I was not concerned about the feelings of everyone around me. I felt very comfortable, an intense happiness.

Host :

The people involved confirmed everything and what was said ?

Camilleri :

Yes, I saw several events that were verified. I saw a friend phone my companion to explain what had happened leaving messages as to why I hadn't arrived. I saw the paramedics giving me heart massage and defibrillating me and I saw the club secretary and all the people gathered there.

The male host briefly outlines the process of defibrillation and that it would cause pain in a conscious person.

Camilleri :

No pain, when I was in this state. I was bathed in this intense light, I felt an incredible happiness, incomparable to anything on earth.

Male host :

To the point where you wanted them to let you go ?

Camilleri :

That is true, yes and then suddenly everything stopped and I found myself on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on my head and the knees of the emergency physician around my ears upside down behind me and my body completely racked with pain, returned to consciousness and all the worries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgjbIDxkJxw
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-03, 06:59 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 5 users Like tim's post:
  • Enrique Vargas, Raimo, Doug, Obiwan, Stan Woolley
An Italian NDE documentary with experiencers and commentary from doctors and nurses

If you select the English translation version, what you will get is just about enough (in most cases) to be able to understand what is being related.

It might be better (the text works quite well) to start with the pensioner, Grazia Cini, (@ 6.50) who relates her out of body experience during a hospitalisation after falling off a horse. She had the classic out of body experience, seeing her body below, being able to read the thoughts of the people around her and seeing outside into the hospital garden before the transition into the light.

At 10.23, nurse Anna Siboni (who is researching this phenomenon) relates the experience of two people who suffered cardiac arrests, one being able to accurately describe the medicines he was administered etc.

At 32.44, she relates a very interesting case of a blind music teacher, who was resuscitated from ventricular fibrillation. He excitedly reported being able to see in colour, objects, what they were wearing, including a particular bracelet on the anaesthesiologist's wrist. This case supplements and adds weight to the reports previously related by Vicki Umipeg (now Blazon) and "Brad" for instance.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scj3JkHokb8
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-16, 11:28 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 7 users Like tim's post:
  • Brian, Obiwan, Mediochre, Raimo, Typoz, Doug, Enrique Vargas
Following on from that, this is the case of an Italian advertising executive, Mario Dalla Torre Schio, who after a very serious head on car crash, experienced a profound NDE during which he met his deceased Grandmother, who made him go back to his body.

More interestingly, during his 'out of body experience' when he was observing the medical staff working on him (his 'dead' body) he saw one of the doctors "manipulating" or "manhandling" him in a manner which he found objectionable (for whatever reason). This doctor was particularly "distinctive" but (to Dalla Torre) clearly not in a positive way. 

When he awoke from his coma, he wanted to know where this particular doctor was, that had manhandled him, only to hear that he had actually died five years previously. Although I find this type of report hard to accept, Dalla Torre appears to be sincere and I have heard of this type of curious occurrence before.      

https://www.nderf.org/Italian/mario_d%27...talian.htm Note : I tried to link to the English translation but couldn't.

Edit: Typoz kindly provided the English translation from NDERF (posted below) which I did not originally use. I only later discovered that Dalla Torre's experience was registered there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDAS8kLO9U This you tube interview is in Italian, I've only posted it to show that his experience has become quite a big talking point in his country.

Excerpt less than one quarter of the full text.  

I heard everything that they (the doctors and nurses)  said; it was as if I were watching a film of myself. I (my body) was wearing a black track suit that a nurse was cutting with scissors. A 'short' doctor with curly/spiky hair and a short beard was intubating me and I felt pain and discomfort in the body. I knew that tormented body was me, but I didn't wonder how I could be in two places at once; I simply thought it was the most normal thing in the world.

Instead I cursed that curly haired doctor who was working on me, and I said to him "You ugly porcupine, stop tormenting me, can't you see I'm fine, leave me alone!" But this doctor who seemed the most agitated, did not give up and continued to fumble about my body, passing his hands over my chest and spreading a blue light. I came to know later that in this situation, the doctors believed me to be clinically dead and had already thought about the possibility of the removal of my organs. 

Instead I woke up unexpectedly after about two days (but I was talking and writing "upside down") After a few days I managed to regain my normal language - but I was left with this incredible ability to instantly remember all the words - and asked the nurse where that short, curly haired doctor was (the porcupine) who had "mistreated me" (or saved my life?) during the coma. She was astonished and asked me how I could see what was happening around me, since my eyes had been closed and I was practically dead.

Then she brought me a photograph of a group of doctors and nurses at a party and I told her (pointed him out to her) which was the 'porcupine' doctor: he was standing in the foreground, being very short in stature. And this is what I said, 

"Where did he go? I have not seen him anymore, is he perhaps on vacation?" 

Those present were astounded and replied:

"Yes, actually this doctor did work here, in intensive care, but he died a few years ago!"

I was stunned and moved, completely bewildered.
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-20, 11:10 AM by tim.)
[-] The following 8 users Like tim's post:
  • Desperado, Brian, Raimo, Enrique Vargas, Valmar, Laird, Typoz, Doug

• View a Printable Version