NDE Multimedia Resource Thread

284 Replies, 61442 Views

This seems to be yet another veridical NDE/OBE which incidentally (with regards to the last post made by tim) also comes from Spain and is related by Dr. Miguel Angel Pertierra Quesada, an otolaryngologist from Málaga in Spain, who has incidentally interviewed parapsychologist Titus Rivas (a friend of mine and a member of this forum, who has also included some cases related by Dr. Pertierra in The Self Does Not Die)

Dr. Pertierra mentions that this case was not included in the book he wrote about NDEs, but seems somewhat interesting.

Since the interview is in spanish (and, as it happens, spanish is my first language) I'll be happy to provide a translation for the excerpt

Quote:"There's another case that isn't in the book (Pertierra's book) either; [the patient] even recognizes the brand of the anesthesia machine which was the first brought in to the hospital - the first and only one at that moment. And when we went to try it out - because it had been supposedly checked out and was functional for the surgical intervention - we observed that it didn't work, and they had to bring in one of the old ones. And so [the patient] tells [me] about the brand, which today is one of the main brands of anesthesia machines that exist at the moment. And, well, I don't- and nobody mentioned at that moment the name of the [brand of the] machine because it made no sense at all"

Córdoba Misteriosa T2X04 Experiencias cercanas a la muerte (con Miguel Ángel Pertierra) - YouTube

The case is related at minute 17.10
[-] The following 3 users Like Sam's post:
  • tim, Ninshub, Typoz
Listening to this NDEr interview right now. Interesting account of the phenomelogy of the experience, and having verification from the doctor afterwards of hearing/seeing what he said out of the body. Very good on how distressing it was, and still hard for her, to assimilate the radical shifts in her (materialistic "scientific") worldview and entire life.

Interesting bit about the "downloads" of information while out of the body. Similar to other accounts where you don't suddenly get automatic downloads of all available information about everything, but as soon as you think about a topic or have a question the information is automatically there.
(This post was last modified: 2023-07-27, 12:49 PM by Ninshub. Edited 2 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • LotusFlower, tim
(2023-05-13, 08:36 PM)Sam Wrote:  
Hi tim.

The surgeon is not talking about a neck operation, but of a femoral neck operation (on the groin)  Wink

Thanks, Sam ! Sorry to have missed your entrance here but I've been busy and also needed a good break and also to give the forum a rest from my repetitive stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Sam
This is an interesting NDE, certainly unusual anyway. Scottish writer, poet and academic, John Burnside did actually die (apparently, but he's still here of course) when he was admitted to hospital during the Covid 19 pandemic. They suspected he had covid but was in such a bad way,  he was put into an isolation room and basically left to expire, because it was considered pointless trying to treat him. 

The podcast narrative is tainted with a little too much aesthetic frill for my liking but if you back track enough you can get the picture. When I first heard it, I suspected that John was trying to play down his experience to please materialists, possibly (I think he said..I won't say I had an out of body experience). 

However, I contacted him and we had a nice email exchange and no he isn't a materialist academic at all, so that was a surprise. Penny Sartori is in there, too, providing an 'expert view'.

BBC Radio 4 - John Burnside: From the Other Side
[-] The following 5 users Like tim's post:
  • Raimo, Ninshub, Typoz, LotusFlower, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-11-13, 04:00 PM)tim Wrote: Thanks, Sam ! Sorry to have missed your entrance here but I've been busy and also needed a good break and also to give the forum a rest from my repetitive stuff.

Glad to see you back! Thumbs Up
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 7 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Raimo, Silence, Laird, nbtruthman, Ninshub, Typoz, tim
(2023-11-13, 06:04 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Glad to see you back! Thumbs Up

Thanks, Sci !
[-] The following 2 users Like tim's post:
  • Silence, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-11-13, 05:34 PM)tim Wrote: This is an interesting NDE, certainly unusual anyway. Scottish writer, poet and academic, John Burnside did actually die (apparently, but he's still here of course) when he was admitted to hospital during the Covid 19 pandemic. They suspected he had covid but was in such a bad way,  he was put into an isolation room and basically left to expire, because it was considered pointless trying to treat him. 

The podcast narrative is tainted with a little too much aesthetic frill for my liking but if you back track enough you can get the picture. When I first heard it, I suspected that John was trying to play down his experience to please materialists, possibly (I think he said..I won't say I had an out of body experience). 

However, I contacted him and we had a nice email exchange and no he isn't a materialist academic at all, so that was a surprise. Penny Sartori is in there, too, providing an 'expert view'.

BBC Radio 4 - John Burnside: From the Other Side

I’m not a native english speaker but doesn’t he say at 23:05 “I’m not personally going on to a better place, I’m not against that idea but I don’t have any evidence for it”?

isn’t it unusual for a NDE’er not to believe in survival of the self?
(2023-11-13, 09:10 PM)sbu Wrote: I’m not a native english speaker but doesn’t he say at 23:05 “I’m not personally going on to a better place, I’m not against that idea but I don’t have any evidence for it”?

isn’t it unusual for a NDE’er not to believe in survival of the self?

Without going back to check exactly what he said, I agree, that is what I remember. But...I contacted him (not to lobby him, and try to change his mind) and had a really interesting exchange and he sent me a link to a paper from Italian professor and NDE researcher, Professor Enricco Facco, who I was already very familiar with. But of course, I didn't tell him that. 

Burnside still works in academia and you can't say you went to the afterlife or "heaven".. believe me (or I would hope you believe me but you are of course not obliged to) or not.
(This post was last modified: 2023-11-13, 11:17 PM by tim. Edited 1 time in total.)
  • Ninshub
(2023-11-13, 04:00 PM)tim Wrote: also to give the forum a rest from my repetitive stuff.

You're kidding, right? Wink

Thrilled to see you here again tim.
[-] The following 6 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Raimo, Silence, tim, Typoz, LotusFlower, Laird
(2023-11-14, 02:13 AM)Ninshub Wrote: You're kidding, right? Wink

Thrilled to see you here again tim.

Thank you very much, Ian !
  • Ninshub

• View a Printable Version