Meat diets vs. vegetarianism

160 Replies, 18324 Views

This guy has started putting out many of these . . . I find them very interesting, probably because I relate to these people.  Anyway, this is one of the most recent, but I found it pretty good.  

Note: sv3rige eats only raw meat (and dairy).
[-] The following 2 users Like Reece's post:
  • Hurmanetar, Valmar
(2018-08-31, 06:35 AM)Reece Wrote:

This guy has started putting out many of these . . . I find them very interesting, probably because I relate to these people.  Anyway, this is one of the most recent, but I found it pretty good.  

Note: sv3rige eats only raw meat (and dairy).

Only animal protein. Boy, that's a chronic constipation diet.
(This post was last modified: 2018-08-31, 12:23 PM by Steve001.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve001's post:
  • Brian
(2018-08-31, 11:59 AM)Steve00 Wrote: Only animal protein. Boy, that's a chronic constipation diet.

Tell that to the Eskimos who ate a diet of 99% animal flesh...
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
~ Carl Jung

(2018-08-31, 12:35 PM)58pmValmar Wrote: Tell that to the Eskimos who ate a diet of 99% animal flesh...

Even though they subsist primarily on animal protein they will forage for veggies during the Summer. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
(This post was last modified: 2018-08-31, 04:43 PM by Steve001.)
  • Brian
As an ex-vegetarian, I know how the meat industry and dairy industry are seen: basically as a source of endless lies and pure evil.  But it's worth bearing in mind that the plant based industry basically boils down to corporations like Monsanto; hardly any better, if better at all in terms of honesty.    

I write the above because it seems relevant to this study I heard about, "Field Deaths In Agriculture," written this May, which says that based on conservative estimates, 7.3 billion animals are killed yearly due to growing plants . . . agriculture.  And no, that doesn't include insects.  

Field Deaths In Agriculture
(This post was last modified: 2018-09-01, 07:03 PM by Reece.)
(2018-08-31, 02:54 PM)Steve001 Wrote:  Even though they subsist primarily on animal protein they will forage for veggies during the Summer. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

Well, without doubt, as far as health goes, "giving it a try" would probably be the single healthiest thing one could do.  

Don't forget about the Maasai, either, who subsist on only meat. 

The main thought experiment that the eskimos' diet should prompt is one on how we survived 12,000 plus years ago when much of the earth was covered in ice.  Many speculate that it was almost exclusively through hunting big game . . . hard to find a plate full of veggies growing on an ice sheet . . . and this, it would seem, would constitute the lion's share of our dietary evolution.
(2018-08-31, 11:59 AM)Steve001 Wrote: Only animal protein. Boy, that's a chronic constipation diet.

Steve, I don't mean this overly rudely, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Meat doesn't make one constipated.  Most is absorbed (as mainly muscle), it would seem.  I went close to 100% carnivore, and during that time I've never experienced better digestion.  No toilet paper needed whatsoever (though I would still use it) and absolutely no gas . . . at all (except when I cheated).  If there's one single thing you can go to and eat to heal gut / digestion problems, meat would seem to be that thing.

Note: 

I understand that bringing up something like 100% carnivore is apt to prompt a lot of debate and God knows what else.  If someone wants to do discuss or debate, then I'd think we should/could start a new thread . . . but I simply cannot not respond to the constipation thing.
(This post was last modified: 2018-09-01, 07:24 PM by Reece.)
(2018-09-01, 07:21 PM)Reece Wrote: Steve, I don't mean this overly rudely, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Meat doesn't make one constipated.  Most is absorbed (as mainly muscle), it would seem.  I went close to 100% carnivore, and during that time I've never experienced better digestion.  No toilet paper needed whatsoever (though I would still use it) and absolutely no gas . . . at all (except when I cheated).  If there's one single thing you can go to and eat to heal gut / digestion problems, meat would seem to be that thing.

Note: 

I understand that bringing up something like 100% carnivore is apt to prompt a lot of debate and God knows what else.  If someone wants to do discuss or debate, then I'd think we should/could start a new thread . . . but I simply cannot not respond to the constipation thing.

You read it incorrectly. I wasn't implying (or critical) what you think I am. There's no fiber in an all animal protein diet. 

Though this doesn't talk about constipation it is an interesting article. https://nutritionstudies.org/masai-and-i...oser-look/
(This post was last modified: 2018-09-01, 08:53 PM by Steve001.)
  • Reece
Some posts have been moved here from the Vegetarianism thread, since they are slightly off-topic.
(This post was last modified: 2018-09-01, 09:29 PM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Doug, Reece
Naive question but: aren't you going to be missing out on vitamins, other important nutrients, etc., if you only eat meat?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Reece

• View a Printable Version