Forum Rules and Guidelines Discussion

136 Replies, 13058 Views

(2022-01-23, 04:17 PM)Ninshub Wrote: I know this is going off the rails of this thread by the way, and I'll move it if we continue the discussion.
Why not do that - there is probably a lot that people might want to say on that subject.
[-] The following 1 user Likes David001's post:
  • Ninshub
Done.
(2022-01-23, 05:29 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Done.

Thanks - but how do I find it?
Sorry. Here.
(2022-01-23, 05:15 PM)David001 Wrote:  I have no wish to be an actual moderator here - believe me or not!

Not.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kamarling's post:
  • tim
(2022-01-23, 09:05 PM)Kamarling Wrote: Not.

I am not the sort of person who gets a kick out of moderating - I offered to help - many years ago - when I could see Skeptiko struggling. With Tracestate/Doug's help we extracted hundreds of sleeper spammers, that had been popping up continuously.

Subsequently we seemed to get a large number of what I can only call jokers, for example, "Rotting corpse". They joined to cause trouble - possibly from the militant materialist crowd - I don't know.

As I have explained already, I do realise that Skeptiko covered too wide a range of subjects - particular politics. For what it is worth, I had no say in that whatsoever. A lot of my suggestions to Alex - for example, to keep the other sub-forums open were ignored.

Peace Kamarling!
(This post was last modified: 2022-01-24, 11:16 AM by David001. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes David001's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2022-01-24, 11:16 AM)David001 Wrote: Peace Kamarling!

Good luck with that.  Wink
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
(2022-01-24, 11:16 AM)David001 Wrote: I am not the sort of person who gets a kick out of moderating - I offered to help - many years ago - when I could see Skeptiko struggling. With Tracestate/Doug's help we extracted hundreds of sleeper spammers, that had been popping up continuously.

Subsequently we seemed to get a large number of what I can only call jokers, for example, "Rotting corpse". They joined to cause trouble - possibly from the militant materialist crowd - I don't know.

As I have explained already, I do realise that Skeptiko covered too wide a range of subjects - particular politics. For what it is worth, I had no say in that whatsoever. A lot of my suggestions to Alex - for example, to keep the other sub-forums open were ignored.

Peace Kamarling!

I've got something to say about this, broadly in agreement with Dave. Your installation as a moderator on Skeptiko was nothing short of disastrous. You ran the board like it was your private dinner table, inviting those you thought were interesting to chat with, and uninviting those that didn't appeal to you. 

IMO, you were arrogant and sneering and as you seem to have a skin as thick as a rhino, you didn't seem to give a damn, either. You certainly belittled me, but you only did it once because I left forever. I hope you thought it was worth it putting me down in favour of a fake poster claiming to be an anaesthetist. 

Your motives were so obvious; a real life medical professional sitting at your dinner table (huge hard on for you) who you could suck up to, kissing his eminent arse, no doubt when or if it suited you.  The place is now verging on a mad house and I don't say that with any satisfaction, but that's another story and you've moved here, fair enough.

As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome and I don't hold a grudge against you (despite what the above might seem to indicate) because I know why you behaved as you did, it's part of your personality and we all have our failings, including me (not an anaesthetist) 

But when I see you mentioning moderation on here or questioning the decisions of the mods, I start to get queasy.  I can almost hear the faint tones of John Williams famous soundtrack to Jaws. Der dup, der dup.. do you get the 'picture' David...?    
(This post was last modified: 2022-01-24, 01:58 PM by tim. Edited 3 times in total.)
(2022-01-24, 01:41 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Good luck with that.  Wink

Hello, Stan. How are we btw ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2022-01-24, 01:43 PM)tim Wrote: I've got something to say about this, broadly in agreement with Dave. Your installation as a moderator on Skeptiko was nothing short of disastrous. You ran the board like it was your private dinner table, inviting those you thought were interesting to chat with, and uninviting those that didn't appeal to you. 

IMO, you were arrogant and sneering and as you seem to have a skin as thick as a rhino, you didn't seem to give a damn, either. You certainly belittled me, but you only did it once because I left forever. I hope you thought it was worth it putting me down in favour of a fake poster claiming to be an anaesthetist. 

Your motives were so obvious; a real life medical professional sitting at your dinner table (huge hard on for you) who you could suck up to, kissing his eminent arse, no doubt when or if it suited you.  The place is now verging on a mad house and I don't say that with any satisfaction, but that's another story and you've moved here, fair enough.

As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome and I don't hold a grudge against you (despite what the above might seem to indicate) because I know why you behaved as you did, it's part of your personality and we all have our failings, including me (not an anaesthetist) 

But when I see you mentioning moderation on here or questioning the decisions of the mods, I start to get queasy.  I can almost hear the faint tones of John Williams famous soundtrack to Jaws. Der dup, der dup.. do you get the 'picture' David...?    

I think I'd get the picture more clearly if you gave a few examples.

• View a Printable Version