Evidence of "time travel"? aka Time Slips

27 Replies, 5591 Views

Interesting article by Rob Schwartz at strangerdimensions.com, analyzing photograph or artifacts or stories that contain elements seemingly "out of time", like the "Adidas Mummy"...
[Image: mummy-time-travel-shoes.jpg]

or the "surfer dude"...

[Image: surfer-time-traveler.jpg]

Quote:It’s an odd thing when something, or someone, doesn’t quite fit in. At first, you may not notice. But upon closer inspection, the anomaly becomes clear.

So is the case with this seemingly ordinary photograph taken in 1917 Canada, found in a 1974 book titled The Great History of Cape Scott. It shows a group of people sitting upon the rocks of a beach, but among the crowd is a man who appears suspiciously out of place.

Many believe his clothes do not match those of the other beach-goers. Wearing a tee shirt, shorts, and with a hair style that seems quite modern in comparison, the mysterious individual hits all the check boxes for a person displaced in time.

In the photo, others even appear to look at him, perhaps in confusion.

Read the full article for more analysis:

Time Travel Proof: The Mounting Evidence Of A Broken Timeline
Posted by Rob Schwarz | Last Updated: June 2, 2018
https://www.strangerdimensions.com/featu...vel-proof/
(This post was last modified: 2018-06-04, 03:46 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Dreamsoap, Sciborg_S_Patel
At the end of the article he links to this Strange But True episode about a couple who visited a hotel, which didn't exist...

(This post was last modified: 2018-06-04, 01:34 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Dreamsoap, Sciborg_S_Patel, Oleo, Doug
Here are two very interesting time slip cases, both English, the first the Bartons, a couple (this is very similar to the Petit Trianon case), and then a group of 4 students encountering a similar vision/experience. The participants are interviewed. There's also a prologue about Carl Jung's own time slip experience.

(This post was last modified: 2018-06-04, 03:46 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Dreamsoap, Max_B, Doug
(2018-06-03, 07:51 PM)Ninshub Wrote: or the "surfer dude"...

Quote:It shows a group of people sitting upon the rocks of a beach, but among the crowd is a man who appears suspiciously out of place.

Many believe his clothes do not match those of the other beach-goers. Wearing a tee shirt, shorts, and with a hair style that seems quite modern in comparison, the mysterious individual hits all the check boxes for a person displaced in time.

In the photo, others even appear to look at him, perhaps in confusion.
The narrative is clearly over-reaching for something which isn't there.

The shorts he wears appear identical to those of the man (moustache, hat) to his left. His shirt has a rounded neckline with no collar. That seems much the same as what other people are wearing. Is anyone actually looking at him? The man to his left is turned somewhat in his direction, however there is also another person seated behind the figure being discussed. Perhaps those two are exchanging some talk, and are ignoring the guy in front.

The only feature of note is that he is wearing a little less clothing than some of the others - no hat, no jacket or overshirt. Perhaps he's been swimming?

One other comment. It may appear that this person is right in the middle of the image, and therefore caught the attention of the photographer. But further investigation shows he is actually towards the edge of a much larger photo, showing many more people.

Perhaps there's one thing which this picture does remind us of, that each and every person in the picture has a story to tell. That one just happens to connect to present-day viewers.
[-] The following 6 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Dreamsoap, Sciborg_S_Patel, tim, Ninshub, Brian, Doug
(2018-06-04, 03:27 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Here are two very interesting time slip cases, both English, the first the Bartons, a couple (this is very similar to the Petit Trianon case), and then a group of 4 students encountering a similar vision/experience. The participants are interviewed. There's also a prologue about Carl Jung's own time slip experience.

One interesting thing I noted in the Bartons' very compelling experience was that they both felt suddenly very depressed as the events started, which is also what happened to the ladies in the Petit Trianon incident. I wonder why that is or what accounts for it.
(This post was last modified: 2018-06-04, 01:44 PM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Max_B, Typoz, tim, Doug
This post has been deleted.
From a sceptical point of view, Andrew MacKenzie's book "Adventures in Time" (1997), as well as more debatable examples, discussed two cases in which those who had seen buildings which they had subsequently failed to find despite searching for them, but which were later identified by researchers. In one case the building was partly concealed by a hedge, and visible only from a particular location, but in the other the people had simply misremembered the location. Much as I should like to believe in timeslips, I suspect most of them are essentially down to tricks of memory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Will
(2018-06-03, 07:51 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Interesting article by Rob Schwartz at strangerdimensions.com, analyzing photograph or artifacts or stories that contain elements seemingly "out of time", like the "Adidas Mummy"...
[Image: mummy-time-travel-shoes.jpg]

or the "surfer dude"...

Read the full article for more analysis:

Time Travel Proof: The Mounting Evidence Of A Broken Timeline
Posted by Rob Schwarz | Last Updated: June 2, 2018
https://www.strangerdimensions.com/featu...vel-proof/

Not to discount the possibility of time travel, but in regards to the t-shirt... what might be recognizable as a modern T-shirt appeared between 1898 in the Spanish American war and 1913 when the U.S. navy began issuing T-shirts to sailors. In 1920, the author F. Scott Fitzgerald was the first to use the word "T-Shirt" in print.

So it seems plausible to me that a 1917 beach-going hipster might have got hold of a T-shirt...
[-] The following 5 users Like Hurmanetar's post:
  • Dreamsoap, Sciborg_S_Patel, Brian, Doug, Ninshub
(2018-06-04, 06:34 PM)Chris Wrote: From a sceptical point of view, Andrew MacKenzie's book "Adventures in Time" (1997), as well as more debatable examples, discussed two cases in which those who had seen buildings which they had subsequently failed to find despite searching for them, but which were later identified by researchers. In one case the building was partly concealed by a hedge, and visible only from a particular location, but in the other the people had simply misremembered the location. Much as I should like to believe in timeslips, I suspect most of them are essentially down to tricks of memory.

Chris, do you think some of them might not be tricks of memory though? What did you make of the Bartons’ account for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2018-06-04, 07:11 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Chris, do you think some of them might not be tricks of memory though? What did you make of the Bartons’ account for example?

That's not one I've heard of before. I'm tempted to have a look around the scene, as it's not too far from where I live.

Here's a blog post about the case, which says the details are taken from "Time Travel: A New Perspective" (p. 63), by  H. Brennan, who got it from "Beyond the Occult" by Colin Wilson (1989), which the author of the blog post didn't have access to:
http://time-slips.blogspot.com/2008/11/h...alive.html

The blog post also refers to an online article by Alan Murdie from the Winter 2000 newsletter of the Ghost Club:
http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/winter2000.htm

From that article, it seems the case was originally investigated by the SPR in 1974, though at the moment I can't find the reference for that in an SPR publication.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Ninshub

• View a Printable Version