Commentary thread for tim's "NDE's" thread

424 Replies, 41133 Views

Stan Woolley Wrote:Although Fenwick says that “he’s an air traffic controller, in fact”, he’s plainly mistaken, as Pring is clearly a pilot. 
Air Traffic Controllers are usually ground based.  Wink

I don't enjoy flying much these days, Stan. I remember coming back from holiday into Manchester airport where there'd been a big security alert. The pilot, a certain "Captain Johnny Snowball" came over the tannoy… "We're just going round again!". We went round about three times. I thought are we ever going to get down here or am I about to see the light. I don't suppose going round again is anything special for you guys, though.
[-] The following 2 users Like tim's post:
  • Stan Woolley, Obiwan
(2019-07-10, 12:59 PM)tim Wrote: I don't enjoy flying much these days, Stan. I remember coming back from holiday into Manchester airport where there'd been a big security alert. The pilot, a certain "Captain Johnny Snowball" came over the tannoy… "We're just going round again!". We went round about three times. I thought are we ever going to get down here or am I about to see the light. I don't suppose going round again is anything special for you guys, though.

I often hear it said that ‘go-arounds’ are easy, nothing to worry about from pilots, training pilots included. I’m not one of them, having seen too many of them badly carried out, both in the simulator and the real thing.
I basically had a two-hour panic attack the last time I flew, so you have my sympathy.  Confused
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-10, 02:34 PM by Stan Woolley.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Typoz
(2019-07-10, 02:34 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: I often hear it said that ‘go-arounds’ are easy, nothing to worry about from pilots, training pilots included. I’m not one of them, having seen too many of them badly carried out, both in the simulator and the real thing.
I basically had a two-hour panic attack the last time I flew, so you have my sympathy.  Confused
I can't fly anymore, get panic attacks....
[-] The following 2 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • tim, Stan Woolley
(2019-07-09, 04:32 PM)tim Wrote: For anyone interested Alan Pring's experience is here (bit sentimental for some but nonetheless genuine)

The sickly music’s enough to put anyone off! I really detest it on NDE videos, it somehow devalues them in my opinion. Sick
[-] The following 4 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • E. Flowers, Ninshub, tim, Enrique Vargas
Stan Woolley Wrote:The sickly music’s enough to put anyone off! I really detest it on NDE videos, it somehow devalues them in my opinion. Sick

I completely agree with you, Stan. There was no need for the "bells choir" chintz allied with the cloudy "smoke effect" to illustrate Alan Pring's NDE.

A few other personal pet dislikes are "heaven is real", "I've been to the other side", "I crossed over" "I shot out of my body and zoomed up a tunnel", "I saw angels" (but I couldn't describe them, nobody ever can) ...I actually don't doubt that people see luminous bright figures but I'm still waiting for a description of an angel, wings or not.

Trust me, If I ever have an NDE, I've got all the questions lined up.
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-11, 05:48 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 4 users Like tim's post:
  • Ninshub, Oleo, Valmar, Stan Woolley
[-] The following 3 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Ninshub, Typoz
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here are two more instalments from Peter Fenwick's YouTube channel:

Q and A [Part 3]

Part 4

[-] The following 4 users Like Guest's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Typoz, Ninshub, Enrique Vargas
(2019-09-14, 07:45 AM)Chris Wrote: Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here are two more instalments from Peter Fenwick's YouTube channel:

Q and A [Part 3]

Part 4

Here is another question and answer session from Peter Fenwick:

• OmniVersalNexus, Ika Musume, Enrique Vargas, Ninshub
Hot on the heels of that, here is part 5 of the series, also featuring Sue Brayne (and Caspar the cat):

(2019-10-14, 01:20 PM)Chris Wrote: Hot on the heels of that, here is part 5 of the series, also featuring Sue Brayne (and Caspar the cat):

And here is part 6:

• View a Printable Version