Search Results
    Thread: Materialist philosopher admits that there are no rational reason to be a materialist
Post: Materialist philosopher admits that there are no r...

Here is an paper I found by a materialist philosopher that admits that there are no rational reason to be a materialist. https://www.newdualism.org/papers/W.Lycan/Du.htm (https://www.newdualism.org...
Posted by Wanderer in Philosophical Discussions , 2024-02-04, 12:29 PM
 296     10
    Thread: Making a copy of the old Skeptiko forums available online
Post: Making a copy of the old Skeptiko forums available...

I visited the Skeptiko forum and realised that Alex has deleted one of the subforums, "Consciousness and Science", either by accident or by purpose. I used to lurk on Skeptiko until Psiencequest start...
Posted by Wanderer in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2023-11-19, 06:25 PM
 227     7
    Thread: Why has no one won any of the other non-Randi prizes?
Post: RE: Why has no one won any of the other non-Randi ...

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-10-10, 01:43 PM) -- Beyond that, I dislike this either-or idea of winning a cash prize according to particular judges. If Bigelow were to do a prize I'd expect to be able...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-10-11, 11:37 PM
 568     16
    Thread: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Dollar Challenge?
Post: RE: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Doll...

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-09-28, 09:27 PM) -- Randi and other pseudoskeptics are religious fanatics who don't want people to believe in the paranormal. [I don't think this by necessity means they ...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-10-01, 01:15 AM
 1,914     49

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-09-25, 02:49 AM) -- Just look at history - some of the most supposedly ardent believers of a faith are the most zealous about persecuting heretics. -- I don't think thi...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-28, 07:33 PM
 1,914     49

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-09-26, 02:31 AM) -- With respect to Lulova, there is good evidence for "eyeless sight" from a few paradigms, such as the following: https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-28, 07:27 PM
 1,914     49

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-09-18, 02:34 AM) -- Having read Prescott's take-down of the Randi $1M challenge (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-james-randi-crosses-over?pid=38483#pid38483) I don...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-25, 12:42 AM
 1,914     49
Post: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Dollar C...

Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Dollar Challenge? I have read several critical articles and blog posts about the challenge, and the psi-encyclopedia article about it, but I have not found an...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-17, 07:28 PM
 1,914     49
    Thread: Indridi Indridason's contact with Emil Jensen

One thing that I have been thinking about is whether there could have been any possibility that the Copenhagen fire case could be a fraud created after the news about the fire came to Iceland with the...
 3,955     123

I can understand why many people would think that a medium that once cheats is always a cheater, but consider this: If the investigator has not done everything necessary to make commiting fraud an imp...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-26, 05:16 AM) -- Most researchers of mediumship regard the "spirit controls" not as spirits at all but expressions of the medium's unconscious mind. This is because almost n...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:52 AM) -- There is one very interesting fact I only just now appreciate the significance of. Kvaran in 1910 and possibly Nielsson in 1922 stated that Jensen manufactu...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:52 AM) -- Something that undermines the cryptomnesia possibility is that Indridi didn't know Danish other than being able to speak a few words. Since he was in Icelan...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:09 AM) -- Thanks for figuring that out. The original Marcus translation seemed to make sense because one of Jensen's sisters had the name Julie, so the idea that one ...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 02:41 AM) -- Something no one has mentioned yet but that creates a gigantic problem for the idea that Indridi proponents were helping him commit fraud is the fact that o...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 02:41 AM) -- Something no one has mentioned yet but that creates a gigantic problem for the idea that Indridi proponents were helping him commit fraud is the fact that o...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-23, 06:46 AM) -- Regarding the street where Jensen lived, I think that during his lifetime he changed his place of living in the city five or six times (can't remember correct...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-22, 06:24 AM) -- Some of his contemporaries said that Indridi was a skilful imitator and ventriloquist. -- The independent investigator Hannesson was aware of the possibility ...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-22, 06:24 AM) -- Also, a few notes about Einar Kvaran. In 1924. he was promoting a fraudulent medium Einer Nielsen from Denmark:   “In 1922 in Christiania, Oslo, Nielsen was...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-22, 06:24 AM) -- These historical facts explain possible motives for promoting Indrid’s “miracles”. People controlling the circle around the medium had a political agenda – in...
 3,955     123