6.37 sigma replication of Dean Radin's double slit consciousness experiments

334 Replies, 44733 Views

(2017-09-06, 05:16 PM)Max_B Wrote: As far as I'm concerned the results are almost certainly caused by noise in the experiment that has not been accounted for, and they will need to do more work to eliminate it to see if the effect remains.

So now it comes down to unspecified, vague "noise" that you happen to "know" has was caused only by meditators and not by non-meditators, and you "know" that the experimenters didn't account for.

To be "certain" of all that requires Uri Geller levels of ESP.  Can you also read my car's plate number from there? Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Bucky's post:
  • E. Flowers, Roberta, jkmac, Doug
(2017-09-06, 05:57 PM)Max_B Wrote: Did you know that some of the mediators were using mantra repetitions...?

Not in the study linked in the OP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bucky's post:
  • E. Flowers
This post has been deleted.
The silence of our more skeptical thinkers is starting to speak volumes to me in this thread (sorry for the pun Wink ).

Seriously, I would be curious to hear if others feel as adamantly negative about this experiment.  Unfortunately, this thread has devolved into a "Max vs everybody" moshpit.  (Another pun-like image comes to mind of Max running around with his fingers stuck in both ears chanting, "I can't hear you.  I can't hear you." over and over.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Silence's post:
  • Bucky, Roberta, E. Flowers, jkmac
(2017-09-06, 06:14 PM)Max_B Wrote: It's not only likely, it's now certain. Some mediators in Radins 2012 experiment appear to have used mantra repetition, and in this experiment they were told to use any style of meditation they liked, and to affect the device in any way they could, in an effort increase the volume of the feedback tones through their headphones.

Had it even crossed your mind from reading the paper, that this might be the case?

I still haven't read all of the paper, and - as I mentioned - I hadn't read any of it when I saw your suggestion about the feedback sound being important.
(2017-09-06, 06:27 PM)Silence Wrote: The silence of our more skeptical thinkers is starting to speak volumes to me in this thread (sorry for the pun Wink ).

Seriously, I would be curious to hear if others feel as adamantly negative about this experiment.  Unfortunately, this thread has devolved into a "Max vs everybody" moshpit.  (Another pun-like image comes to mind of Max running around with his fingers stuck in both ears chanting, "I can't hear you.  I can't hear you." over and over.)

If I could, I would have given your post two likes...  Smile Smile Hilarious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkmac's post:
  • Roberta
(2017-09-06, 06:14 PM)Max_B Wrote: It's not only likely, it's now certain. Some mediators in Radins 2012 experiment appear to have used mantra repetition, and in this experiment they were told to use any style of meditation they liked, and to affect the device in any way they could, in an effort increase the volume of the feedback tones through their headphones.

Had it even crossed your mind from reading the paper, that this might be the case?

Max, see the previous page... The man (Guerrer) is here, now is your chance to engage him. Dump all your concerns and rebuttals about this particular study at once, let your EMFs fly.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-06, 06:44 PM by E. Flowers.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes E. Flowers's post:
  • Roberta
(2017-09-06, 04:16 PM)guerrer Wrote: All sessions in my study used the headphone with a moderate volume for providing feedback to the participant. The same occurred in control sessions, the headphone playing the feedback was laying on the couch where the participants used to sit.

If the sound was causing any artifact it should appear in the controls as well. Besides that, it should be unidirectional. As opposed, the data revealed an anti-correlation between V1 zp sign and the slit enhancement proposal by each experiment (see section 2.5). It's challenging to explain how oscillations in the air medium could favor more light passing through one slit as compared to the other. Even more challenging is the fact the enhanced slit correlates to what was proposed by the feedback mechanism.

Gabriel

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gabriel and for putting the sound vibration 'theory' to rest!
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-06, 07:37 PM by Roberta.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roberta's post:
  • tim

Ha so because in one study some meditators used mantras that means it's 'certain' the effect caused by noise/vibration? Gabriel has now commented - showing your previous comments are wrong.
This post has been deleted.

• View a Printable Version