Psience Quest

Full Version: INFO about newly installed plugins, themes, & other features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
By member request, I've developed, on top of the new MyConversations Export Conversations feature announced here, a new "Export Posts" plugin which allows any member to export his/her forum posts.

You can now export your posts via clicking on User CP in the forum header, and then in the UCP left sidebar clicking Export Posts under the "Export Posts" heading.
I've installed the FancyBox plugin. Now, clicking on images in posts opens them in an in-page pop-up rather than on a new page. The pop-up allows you to click through all of the images in all posts on the page.
(2021-01-03, 09:30 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed the FancyBox plugin. Now, clicking on images in posts opens them in an in-page pop-up rather than on a new page. The pop-up allows you to click through all of the images in all posts on the page.

Works nicely too. Thumbs Up
OK, I'm excited about these latest additions, and I reckon you guys are going to be too. I've installed the combination of DVZ Mentions and Automention.

What does this mean?

Type an `@` symbol in a reply in a thread, and you will be presented with a pop-up listing thread participants (up to a maximum of five, in alphabetical order). Keep on typing characters after the `@` and you will then be presented with a pop-up of all PQ members (again, up to a pop-up limit of five) whose usernames contain the consecutive characters that you entered. Select a username, and, after posting, that member will receive an alert that you "mentioned" them (unless they've disabled those alert types).

Give it a go and let us know what you think...

... dja hear that I mentioned ya?
Well I didn't get any sort of alert from your previous post.

The formatting above with quotes and #1 was auto-generated when I typed @ and clicked your name in the pop-up. It does indeed generate the shortlist for this thread and then the all-members list, I got that part.
(2021-03-24, 07:11 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Well   I didn't get any sort of alert from your previous post.

Ah! I forgot that it's necessary to click a little link to integrate DVZ Mentions with MyAlerts in the Plugins section of the Admin Control Panel. Now see if you get an alert for this mention, !

(2021-03-24, 07:11 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]The formatting above with quotes and #1 was auto-generated when I typed @ and clicked your name in the pop-up. It does indeed generate the shortlist for this thread and then the all-members list, I got that part.

OK, good, now let's hope the other part works.
(2021-03-24, 07:22 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Ah! I forgot that it's necessary to click a little link to integrate DVZ Mentions with MyAlerts in the Plugins section of the Admin Control Panel. Now see if you get an alert for this mention, !

OK, good, now let's hope the other part works.

Yes , your previous post gave me two alerts, one for the quote, the other for the mention.

Thanks for this, could be useful in future.
(2021-03-24, 07:35 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes , your previous post gave me two alerts, one for the quote, the other for the mention.

Thanks for this, could be useful in future.

Great, we've got it working. Glad you think it could be useful.

Now let me retry that mass call-out:

- consider yourselves mentioned!
I got an alert for this one, but not the prior one Thumbs Up
I got an alert, which is cool, that's always a useful system.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6