Psience Quest

Full Version: What are you watching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I've actually watched season one and am into season two now. I'm still not sure where it is going but the acting and writing are excellent. I wonder whether anyone else has watched it and what you think - avoiding spoilers, of course. I see it as a sci-fi idea turned into a social commentary though there's an underlying mystery much as there was in Damon Lindelof's other TV biggie, Lost.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_leftovers/s01

From time to time I browse a site called The Amendment.

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that Patrick, the author of that site has appeared in vision, rather than just text.

this cinematic masterpiece:

The dubbed version is easily available on Hulu but really try to watch the subbed version - a lot of the tonal suggestions in the voices is lost in the dub which is perfunctory at best.
My wife and I have been cuddling up with bags of sweets and watching the full Black Adder on DVD starting with our favourite - Black Adder three.
(2018-03-24, 12:46 AM)Kamarling Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually watched season one and am into season two now. I'm still not sure where it is going but the acting and writing are excellent. I wonder whether anyone else has watched it and what you think - avoiding spoilers, of course. I see it as a sci-fi idea turned into a social commentary though there's an underlying mystery much as there was in Damon Lindelof's other TV biggie, Lost.

I just finished the The Leftovers about two weeks ago! I have to say that season two was my favorite, but there was some good stuff in season three as well. The acting was really good. Someone give Justin Theroux his Emmy already. (Ann Dowd, too, but she just won for The Handmaid's Tale.)
Kamarling, I'd really like to read what you thought about the episode "International Assassin" when you get to it in season two.
Brilliant

(2018-05-18, 06:40 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant

At first I was worried this might be a spoof, because Maria Bamford is one of my favorite comics. I've decided it's legit, though. Smile 

Linda
(2018-05-18, 08:54 PM)fls Wrote: [ -> ]At first I was worried this might be a spoof, because Maria Bamford is one of my favorite comics. I've decided it's legit, though. Smile 

Linda

If you like Maria you’ll love this. Unique. Respect to Netflix for taking a punt and bunging her some $$.
season 2 trailer:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18