When is truth being stretched?

10 Replies, 1277 Views

(deleted by user)
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-16, 02:09 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brian's post:
  • Typoz
Having sought for answers here and there for decades, I'm no longer following the trail of "the truth is out there". Somehow I've come full circle and now consider it is more "in here" rather than "out there".

On the topic of "the truth being stretched" I think we all have our own individual alarm bells which sound to alert us to when something doesn't seem right. I notice, for example from reading these and similar forums, that my alarm bells don't sound at the same time as other people's - mine sometimes sound earlier, other times much later or not at all. By now it doesn't seem feasible to arrive at a unified view on which everyone will agree. Hence there has to be give and take - sometimes I may argue and disagree on stuff, but I find myself doing that less and less, after all, argument rarely convinces anyone of anything, and the only reason for doing so is as an emotional outlet, to let off steam occasionally.
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-13, 11:25 AM by Typoz.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Typoz's post:
  • diverdown, tim, Stan Woolley, Doug, Brian, Valmar
(2018-05-13, 10:01 AM)Brian Wrote: I think the truth is out there but it is fogged up by people who stretch it into the realm of imagination and self deceit.

Is this an impediment for you or are you suggesting it is for others?
(2018-05-13, 10:25 PM)Pssst Wrote: Is this an impediment for you or are you suggesting it is for others?

I'm not suggesting anything.  Can you please refrain from posting anything in my threads - I don't like your obnoxious self assurance and you are not welcome to engage with me or my thoughts.
(2018-05-14, 08:16 AM)Brian Wrote: I'm not suggesting anything.  Can you please refrain from posting anything in my threads - I don't like your obnoxious self assurance and you are not welcome to engage with me or my thoughts.

Too bad. I'm your new best friend, Brian, you duplicitous ass.

LOL
(2018-05-14, 08:16 AM)Brian Wrote: I think the truth is out there but it is fogged up by people who stretch it into the realm of imagination and self deceit. Wrote: [b]Pssst Wrote: [url=http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-when-is-truth-being-stretched?pid=17022#pid17022][/url]Is this an impediment for you or are you suggesting it is for others?

[/b]

Brian

I'm not suggesting anything. 

You most certainly did, the only question is whether or not you were confessing to your own impedance and/or you believe that others are so impeded.

No one is impeding anyone, Brian. If you feel impeded, that is because you choose to be impeded. You can choose differently, I doubt that is your course though. Perhaps you chose an incarnation that has the quality of being influenced by others, why is that? What belief do you hold about yourself that you choose to be a flag in the relentless wind, tosses about by external forces, instead of who you really are.

Buck up, Brian, you are personally responsible whatever choices you make.
(2018-05-14, 04:30 PM)Pssst Wrote: You most certainly did, the only question is whether or not you were confessing to your own impedance and/or you believe that others are so impeded.

No one is impeding anyone, Brian. If you feel impeded, that is because you choose to be impeded. You can choose differently, I doubt that is your course though. Perhaps you chose an incarnation that has the quality of being influenced by others, why is that? What belief do you hold about yourself that you choose to be a flag in the relentless wind, tosses about by external forces, instead of who you really are.

Buck up, Brian, you are personally responsible whatever choices you make.

I would ask you to give evidence for your accusation if it wasn't for the fact that I know you abhor evidence.  I don't care either way what people do or believe as long as they are not hurting anybody else and are not shoving it in my face.  I just thought it was an interesting subject for discussion but clearly nobody else wants to discuss it and you just want to wreck the thread with your pretentious pseudo-mystical dogsh*t so once I think you may have seen this I am going to delete the thread or mess it up so much that the moderators delete it.
Seriously, please don't delete anything in this thread. We've just had (another) death in my family and I was feeling quite down but when I read through this exchange it made me laugh hysterically.

I'm not laughing at either of you BTW, it's not that, it's just the wording it's so funny, maybe it's my sense of humour..... sorry but it lifted me out of a sad state of mind.Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-14, 06:36 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 4 users Like tim's post:
  • Pssst, Ninshub, diverdown, Typoz
This post has been deleted.
(2018-05-14, 06:23 PM)Brian Wrote: I would ask you to give evidence for your accusation if it wasn't for the fact that I know you abhor evidence.

Yes, I abhor evidence. Like evidence of the survival of consciousness (mental and physical mediumship), just hate it. Evidence of extraterrestrial and spirit communications, abhor it.

Idea

I've been posting long enough that you have access to my history on evidentiality. Just in case you missed it

Quote:I don't care either way what people do or believe as long as they are not hurting anybody else and are not shoving it in my face.

The issue isn't that beliefs, POV, etc. are "shoved in your face", everyday you exist in physical reality, things are shoved in your face. Constantly. Relentlessly. The issue is, for reasons you might explore, you choose to take my POV as judgmental of your own. 

Quote:I just thought it was an interesting subject for discussion but clearly nobody else wants to discuss it and you just want to wreck the thread with your pretentious pseudo-mystical dogsh*t so once I think you may have seen this I am going to delete the thread or mess it up so much that the moderators delete it.

Oh, Brian, fer Chrissakes.

[Image: taking+my+ball.JPG]

• View a Printable Version