Training Updates

31 Replies, 1001 Views

(2023-07-24, 12:37 AM)Ninshub Wrote: What is the finders community?

Yeah, finding parapsychological friends (as opposed to spiritual) must be pretty hard outside of the internet!
The Finders Community are basically people who have gone through Dr. Jeffery Martins Finders Protocol for helping people find their meditation and practice fit that helps them transition to what is referred to as Persistent Non Symbolic Experience or more commonly, Fundamental Wellbeing. He's been interviewed a number of times on a number of platforms over the years about the research and presented data at numerous conferences. Initially the original finders course and its cut down version, the 45 days to awakenintg challenge, were aimed at spiritual seekers because he wanted to help those people actually transition, since their practices would certainly not. However the material is now transitioning away from that group and now targets a more general, secular, non spiritually inclined audience as I understand it. But as a result the current community is mostly made up of various spiritual types who as far as I'm concerned have brought all their dogma with them. Here's him presenting about some of the data:

"The cure for bad information is more information."
(This post was last modified: 2023-07-24, 06:00 AM by Mediochre. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Spelling )
[-] The following 2 users Like Mediochre's post:
  • Laird, Ninshub
Thanks for that video, Mediochre. I'll listen to it with interest.
(2023-07-24, 12:37 AM)Ninshub Wrote: What is the finders community?

Yeah, finding parapsychological friends (as opposed to spiritual) must be pretty hard outside of the internet!

Spiritualist churches are a good place to meet people interested in parapsychology.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
[-] The following 2 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Ninshub, Sciborg_S_Patel
Yes, but are there that many? I guess one could always look also on meetup (or Facebook) and see what spiritual groups exist in one's region or city, and if some seem like they include psi or mediumship-related activity, rather than the much more frequent Asian spirituality groups (yoga, Zen, meditation, nonduality, etc.).
(This post was last modified: 2023-07-26, 07:28 PM by Ninshub. Edited 1 time in total.)
(2023-07-26, 04:51 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: Spiritualist churches are a good place to meet people interested in parapsychology.
I take it you missed the whole part about wanting people who were non religious and non spiritual.
(2023-07-26, 07:27 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Yes, but are there that many? I guess one could always look also on meetup (or Facebook) and see what spiritual groups exist in one's region or city, and if some seem like they include psi or mediumship-related activity, rather than the much more frequent Asian spirituality groups (yoga, Zen, meditation, nonduality, etc.).

I've already gone down the meetup route as I said, I'm building my own thing, ideally populated mostly with the types of people I want. Certainly that's what I want to gear it towards. It will take time to build but that's fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Ninshub
(2023-07-26, 09:39 PM)Mediochre Wrote: I take it you missed the whole part about wanting people who were non religious and non spiritual.

The post I replied to seemed to reject spiritual people but I thought there could be some people reading who would still be interested in my reply. Most internet forums have many more readers than posters.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2023-07-26, 11:06 PM by Jim_Smith. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jim_Smith's post:
  • Typoz
(2023-07-26, 07:27 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Yes, but are there that many? ...

It depends on where you live. There are four Spiritualist Churches within driving distance from my home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jim_Smith's post:
  • Ninshub
(2023-07-26, 11:04 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: The post I replied to seemed to reject spiritual people but I thought there could be some people reading who would still be interested in my reply. Most internet forums have many more readers than posters.
Yeah, I reject spiritual and religious people, I'm entirely done dealing with their nonsense. That's why I don't want to set my group up to cater to them in any way shape or form. Certainly some will join and that's fine, but I'm not pandering to them in any way. I'm trying to mkae magic real, I don't need the hand wringers worrying about how siddhis will turn them away from enlightenment, or worrying about contracts and black vs white magic or what god will think of them or any of the rest of it. I want results, and I mean actual results, not Ramsay Dukes or arguably Gordon White style "Oh lets just redefine what our goal was so we can tell ourselves we didn't fail" sort of results.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Ninshub
Siddhis would be enlightenment enough for me! Wink

(At this point.)
(This post was last modified: 2023-07-27, 11:47 PM by Ninshub. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Mediochre

• View a Printable Version