Recommendations for a general introduction to parapsychology

27 Replies, 3196 Views

Is that a "No"? Tongue
Parapsychology: A Handbook for the 21st Century

by Etzel Cardeña (Author, Editor), John Palmer (Editor), David Marcusson-Clavertz (Editor)

https://www.amazon.com/Parapsychology-Ha...0786479167

This book is the first in almost 40 years to provide a comprehensive scientific overview of research in the field of parapsychology, explaining what we know and don't know about so-called psi phenomena.
[-] The following 3 users Like berkelon's post:
  • Ninshub, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
(2020-01-13, 01:56 PM)berkelon Wrote: Parapsychology: A Handbook for the 21st Century

by Etzel Cardeña (Author, Editor), John Palmer (Editor), David Marcusson-Clavertz (Editor)

https://www.amazon.com/Parapsychology-Ha...0786479167

This book is the first in almost 40 years to provide a comprehensive scientific overview of research in the field of parapsychology, explaining what we know and don't know about so-called psi phenomena.

Yes, Chris also mentioned that one in post #4, and suggested that it was beyond the introductory level.
(2020-01-14, 04:25 AM)Laird Wrote: Yes, Chris also mentioned that one in post #4, and suggested that it was beyond the introductory level.

Perhaps it would be helpful to include that on the Wiki page of introductory reading, though, together with the May and Marwaha multi-volume work and the 1977 Handbook covering the older literature, with appropriate comments?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Laird
(2020-01-14, 08:01 AM)Chris Wrote: Perhaps it would be helpful to include that on the Wiki page of introductory reading, though, together with the May and Marwaha multi-volume work and the 1977 Handbook covering the older literature, with appropriate comments?

Yes, I think so. Maybe under a section "Deeper reading", "Further reading", "More advanced reading" or something like that?
(2020-01-14, 08:01 AM)Chris Wrote: Perhaps it would be helpful to include that on the Wiki page of introductory reading, though, together with the May and Marwaha multi-volume work and the 1977 Handbook covering the older literature, with appropriate comments?

Done.
(2020-01-15, 06:08 AM)Laird Wrote: Done.

Thanks. I've just expanded the description of the old Handbook a bit to emphasise its sheer size and to mention the fact that a copy can be borrowed electronically from the Internet Archive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Laird
(2020-01-15, 07:59 AM)Chris Wrote: Thanks. I've just expanded the description of the old Handbook a bit to emphasise its sheer size and to mention the fact that a copy can be borrowed electronically from the Internet Archive.

I'm glad you added that comment - and the link I provided is to the Internet Archive version.

• View a Printable Version