On ignore but still shows in alerts

21 Replies, 3043 Views

That reminds me of my having been lucky enough to attend recently an Eckhart Tolle conference and, amazingly, I was able to ask him a question, which centered on how to live with chronic, debilitating anxiety. His answer to me: "Man up."

(just kidding)
[-] The following 5 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • diverdown, Valmar, Doug, malf, Typoz
(2018-05-18, 03:40 AM)Ninshub Wrote: That reminds me of my having been lucky enough to attend recently an Eckhart Tolle conference and, amazingly, I was able to ask him a question, which centered on how to live with chronic, debilitating  anxiety. His answer to me: "Man up."

(just kidding)

There is another answer. Not by way of specific advice to anyone else, but myself, I find I can shift my focus to different parts of my awareness.  Even within myself I can inhabit different locations. I'm no teacher so there's little I can say to clarify.
[-] The following 4 users Like Typoz's post:
  • diverdown, Doug, Ninshub, malf
(2018-05-18, 03:25 AM)malf Wrote: An adult should be able to

I'm not comfortable with phrases that begin like this.  I've spent half my life playing the game "An adult should...Yes but I can't"
[-] The following 5 users Like Brian's post:
  • Obiwan, Silence, Valmar, Doug, Ninshub
(2018-05-18, 06:58 AM)Brian Wrote: I'm not comfortable with phrases that begin like this.  I've spent half my life playing the game "An adult should...Yes but I can't"

The world would be a strange place if everyone was alike.
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • diverdown, Obiwan, Brian
Quote:Absolute proof you failed to grasp the entire concept of this modern, physical reality. It's a process, Brian, again, for the umpteenth time. Insecurity is a filter fyi

Pssst, half the time I don’t know what you’re going on about, but I like you. More than that, I think you are someone that may have insights into some of the kind of topics were addicted to. It may be that Brian is right, and you do suffer from one or other condition, knowing that would only make me feel better about my intuitions. Maybe I’m wrong? If someone could prove this to me I’d be very disappointed. 

One thing I like about you, is that you couldn’t care less that I do.

Shine on you crazy Diamond  Wink (I say that most respectfully.)
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 3 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • Ninshub, Pssst, Silence
(2018-05-18, 03:25 AM)malf Wrote: Heh. It’s not “the post” that causes the problem but one’s reaction to it. An adult should be able to master that reaction.

The mastery involved is understanding that all judgments are invalid and, therefore, have nothing to do with the one being "judged". Then there is no reaction to deal with.
(2018-05-18, 06:58 AM)malf Wrote: An adult should be able to Wrote: Brian

I'm not comfortable with phrases that begin like this.  I've spent half my life playing the game "An adult should...Yes but I can't"

There you go again.  Tongue

You're not comfortable because you fail to see that the only reason you are is because you choose to be affected. You choose to allow someone's else's opinion influence what you do, how you feel, in effect, what state of being you resolve.  

Look at it this way instead.

malf rightly claimed that it takes an adult to get properly aligned with the opinion's of others. Children rarely have the emotional lockdown to do so. You, instead, chose to see his post as something that was personally intentionable. 

If you want comfortable, realize your own power, who you really are...or get sum warm milk n cookies and a napsy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • malf
(2018-05-18, 11:38 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Pssst, half the time I don’t know what you’re going on about, but I like you. More than that, I think you are someone that may have insights into some of the kind of topics were addicted to. It may be that Brian is right, and you do suffer from one or other condition, knowing that would only make me feel better about my intuitions. Maybe I’m wrong? If someone could prove this to me I’d be very disappointed. 

One thing I like about you, is that you couldn’t care less that I do.

Shine on you crazy Diamond  Wink (I say that most respectfully.)

Respect reflected, Stan.  Smile

I went to a psychotherapist many earth moons ago, ran the Rorschach slides by me, all I could see was vaginal canals, Fallopian tubes, labias and an occasional Texas Longhorn.

[Image: 1201315.jpg]

He got real pissed off and closed the session with the prognosis that years of therapy would still be unsuccessful for me.  Horror

That was when I realized that the physical reality I experienced was one of my own making. Own choosing. Own manifestation.

I'm not an luminary, Stan, I am a full blown plagiarist. ET doesn't care, spirit doesn't care, they are happy to resource.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pssst's post:
  • diverdown, Ninshub, Stan Woolley, Typoz
(2018-05-18, 05:26 PM)Pssst Wrote: I went to a psychotherapist many earth moons ago, ran the Rorschach slides by me, all I could see was vaginal canals, Fallopian tubes, labias and an occasional Texas Longhorn.

[Image: 1201315.jpg]

He got real pissed off and closed the session with the prognosis that years of therapy would still be unsuccessful for me.  Horror

No psychotherapist with any talent or wisdom would ever say anything like that. You went to a hack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes berkelon's post:
  • Ninshub
(2018-05-19, 02:21 PM)berkelon Wrote: No psychotherapist with any talent or wisdom would ever say anything like that. You went to a hack.

Be careful what you believe.  I certainly don't believe a word Pssst says.  I don't even think they use Rorschach any more.  This is just his idea of humour.  Not very imaginative at all - just the usual sexual innuendo reminiscent of Carry On films.

• View a Printable Version