NDE Multimedia Resource Thread

284 Replies, 61256 Views

This post has been deleted.
This guy, Johnnie Davis (I have no idea who he is) suffered a sixteen minute cardiac arrest. After they were able to restart his heart, he spent a long time in a coma, which is when he had his experience, not when he was in cardiac arrest. He's a very eloquent speaker, precise and pleasant to listen to. 

As per the comments, some would say that Ms Mac ought to have let him expand without as much interruption, but I thought she did a reasonable job. More would have been better, obviously but stick with it.

My Near Death Experience When "I Died for 16 Minutes" | The Tammi Mac Late Show - YouTube
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-12, 09:16 AM by tim.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tim's post:
  • Raimo, Ninshub, OmniVersalNexus
This lady is featured twice on here already. I don't think we've had a voice over dubbing yet, so here is yet another retelling of her fascinating NDE and out of body experience (apologies for anyone who may be slightly bored with it). 

This is a clearly dualistic experience. She has an "arm and hand" that attempts to touch the doctor, but only ends up reaching right through him. 

At around 14.00, she inadvertently illustrates the anaesthesia question/problem that has been raised. When she goes back into her physical body, she blanks out and only returns to consciousness when she leaves it again (If I have that right) 

The Near Death Experiences of Ms. Beatrix Keller - YouTube
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-19, 07:00 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • Typoz, Raimo, Obiwan, OmniVersalNexus, Stan Woolley, Ninshub
A bizarre NDE my friend had.
My friend, a known jazz pianist, overdosed a few years back, was driven to a hospital and fell into a cardiac arrest for 4 minutes. Meaning, the doctors declared him clinically dead. While he was in this state, he saw himself in a huge white space without walls or any other structures, with a piano keyboard in front of him. This keyboard extended infinitely into that space. He felt four presences. He didn't see them, but he knew they were his deceased friends who overdosed and died years back. He started playing and played without stopping, as he felt that if he had stopped, he would have to go with his friends. It lasted for what seemed to him like quite some time, in spite of him being clinically dead for only four minutes. When he came back, he didn't know what to make of it, given that he had never heard of NDS's and such, neither is a believer of any kind. The experience per se was neither unpleasant nor particularly pleasant, however, he told me it changed him completely. Since then, he never touched drugs again, even his playing became very different. He was trying to dismiss/forget this experience, it made him feel uncomfortable, given his materialistic background. When I told him about NDE's, he freaked out. Made him view his NDE in an entirely new way. I find his NDE unusual: no tunnel, no OBE, no life review, no communications with anybody, no memory of returning into his body. In conclusion: he had to return to the hospital for the whole year to make sure his cortex wasn't damaged by anoxia while clinically dead. Pretty peculiar NDE, I should say.
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-20, 01:50 PM by Enrique Vargas.)
[-] The following 8 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • Typoz, Smithy, Raimo, OmniVersalNexus, Obiwan, tim, Stan Woolley, Laird
That, to me, kind of makes me think of experiences where people see almost something like hellscapes ect, because sometimes they can also be unusual and surreal. I wonder if he tried to forget it because playing the piano was frightening. He knew if he stopped he'd have to fully die or pass on ect, so recalling it is probably freaky. That may be why hearing about other NDEs bothered him so much, it gave his experience more validity when he may have been able to think it away. But that's just my mentalising about the situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smaw's post:
  • Enrique Vargas
I think it bothered him for the same reason NDE's use to bother materialists: they destroy their world view. He was brought up as a total materialist, and an evidence to the contrary annihilates his comfortable and predictable world.
[-] The following 5 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Typoz, Smithy, tim, Smaw
(2021-01-23, 07:59 AM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: I think it bothered him for the same reason NDE's use to bother materialists: they destroy their world view. He was brought up as a total materialist, and an evidence to the contrary annihilates his comfortable and predictable world.

I mean I don't think it'd annihilate it, but it might stress him out if he was expecting nothing to happen when he dies and instead he's presenting with stressfully playing piano to save his life. I just don't feel like it's right to be so hard about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smaw's post:
  • Smithy
Neal Grossman, Stephen A Schwartz, moderator Jan Holden, Marjorie Woollacott and Eben Alexander discuss how to deal with 'scepticism'.
At around 13.00 Alexander highlights the problem very articulately.

Near-Death Experiences- Dealing with Skepticism (Panel Discussion) - YouTube

(Schwartz) The central thing you learn about dealing with scepticism is it's mediocrity. Some years ago I was asked by ABC news to take part in a debate
with a neuro-physicist named Jerre Levy ? and a sceptic (philosopher) Dan Dennett....When it came my turn to speak, I looked at Dennett and said
Since you have very strong feelings about this subject, I can only assume that you have taken the time to deeply reach into the literature and deeply
critique it....Dennett looked at me in such a condescending tone and said, " You don't think I actually read this stuff do you ?"

At 32.32 Neal Grossman is in good form, likening NDE "sceptics" as comparable to creationists who refuse to acknowledge the rock formations of the Grand Canyon as having any significance. Also a nice mention of Rivas and Smit's book 'The Self Does Not Die'.
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-26, 05:45 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • Typoz, Smithy, Sciborg_S_Patel, Obiwan, Ninshub, Smaw
(2021-01-26, 04:12 PM)tim Wrote: Neal Grossman, Stephen A Schwartz, moderator Jan Holden, Marjorie Woollacott and Eben Alexander discuss how to deal with 'scepticism'.

(Schwartz) The central thing you learn about dealing with scepticism is it's mediocrity. Some years ago I was asked by ABC news to take part in a debate
with a neuro-physicist named Jerre Levy ? and a sceptic (philosopher) Dan Dennett....When it came my turn to speak, I looked at Dennett and said
Since you have very strong feelings about this subject, I can only assume that you have taken the time to deeply reach into the literature and deeply
critique it....Dennett looked at me in such a condescending tone and said, " You don't think I actually read this stuff do you ?"

At 32.32 Neal Grossman is in good form, likening NDE "sceptics" as comparable to creationists who refuse to acknowledge the rock formations of the Grand Canyon as having any significance. Also a nice mention of Rivas and Smit's book 'The Self Does Not Die'.
Sure. When you know the answer, why let facts get in the way lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • tim, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2021-01-26, 04:12 PM)tim Wrote: Neal Grossman, Stephen A Schwartz, moderator Jan Holden, Marjorie Woollacott and Eben Alexander discuss how to deal with 'scepticism'.

Hi all!

Yes, I have not logged on to this excellent forum for quite some time.
Sorry for that... my attention focussed on other matters over the past year or so.

I want to thank Tim for bringing up this video, particularly so because Neal Grossman praises our book The Self Does Not Die. Also, near the end Eben Alexander adds to this praise.

BTW, the book has now sold 4000 copies. We hope to publish as new edition in due course.

For all of you, keep up the good work!

Cheers - Smithy
[-] The following 5 users Like Smithy's post:
  • Enrique Vargas, Laird, Obiwan, tim, Typoz

• View a Printable Version