Intelligent Energy with RJ Spina

13 Replies, 563 Views

RJ Spina has just published another book, this one for deprogramming your subconscious, so he's making the online interview rounds again.

This is the latest with Mishlove which I'm watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qqQ7GZFdE

The thing with Spina here, and elsewhere, is that his teachings are very similar to Hindu teachings that have self-inquiry as their basis. You stop identifying with your thoughts and "egoic mind", and put the focus on your attention. You are the pure sentience before any narrative comes through, which is always limiting and has at its core a central character that is in danger, needs love in order to survive, etc. etc. etc.

I like that Mishlove is giving some pushback in the second half, over whether that is possible (i.e. doing a 14-day program and becoming free). But he's open-minded.

This is where I'm at also. I have my own issues and I alternate between more traditional psychotherapy, or somatic therapy that has trauma as its focus and concern, and these type of teachings and practices, and explore everything in between. I won't venture an opinion as to what is right. I have no idea, and I have no idea if anyone does. I just know this is a MASSIVE debate at the heart of humanity and how to heal. Are we supposed to become better humans, train the ego through attending to your wounds, or realize that is a losing game - you only get more ego, you need to identify with the soul.

I'm listening to a Wayne Dyer audiobook and he basically is about the latter also - he became convinced of that after a long time believing the former. Recently I'm consulting another psychologist whose methods go more that direction also, EMDR plus using techniques to neurolinguistically reprogram your subconscious - so even within psychology, there's a debate about what is healing. Do you heal by revisiting your trauma, having compassion for yourself as a human, "feeling the alarm in your body", whatever, etc., or saying "stop that shit - everytime you put your ideas there, you are lowering your energy and feeding those f-ing narratives" - just realize the Self that you are. And yes that takes discipline and constant effort, but what are your other choices?

I have no idea who's right, or if the "right" thing is a mixture, depending on who you are, what you're going at the moment, etc. etc. etc.

Just wanted to share this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • stephenw
(2023-09-01, 11:58 PM)Ninshub Wrote: RJ Spina has just published another book, this one for deprogramming your subconscious, so he's making the online interview rounds again.

This is the latest with Mishlove which I'm watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qqQ7GZFdE

The thing with Spina here, and elsewhere, is that his teachings are very similar to Hindu teachings that have self-inquiry as their basis. You stop identifying with your thoughts and "egoic mind", and put the focus on your attention. You are the pure sentience before any narrative comes through, which is always limiting and has at its core a central character that is in danger, needs love in order to survive, etc. etc. etc.

I like that Mishlove is giving some pushback in the second half, over whether that is possible (i.e. doing a 14-day program and becoming free). But he's open-minded.

This is where I'm at also. I have my own issues and I alternate between more traditional psychotherapy, or somatic therapy that has trauma as its focus and concern, and these type of teachings and practices, and explore everything in between. I won't venture an opinion as to what is right. I have no idea, and I have no idea if anyone does. I just know this is a MASSIVE debate at the heart of humanity and how to heal. Are we supposed to become better humans, train the ego through attending to your wounds, or realize that is a losing game - you only get more ego, you need to identify with the soul.

I'm listening to a Wayne Dyer audiobook and he basically is about the latter also - he became convinced of that after a long time believing the former. Recently I'm consulting another psychologist whose methods go more that direction also, EMDR plus using techniques to neurolinguistically reprogram your subconscious - so even within psychology, there's a debate about what is healing. Do you heal by revisiting your trauma, having compassion for yourself as a human, "feeling the alarm in your body", whatever, etc., or saying "stop that shit - everytime you put your ideas there, you are lowering your energy and feeding those f-ing narratives" - just realize the Self that you are. And yes that takes discipline and constant effort, but what are your other choices?

I have no idea who's right, or if the "right" thing is a mixture, depending on who you are, what you're going at the moment, etc. etc. etc.

Just wanted to share this.

why is it one or the other? I think one needs a healthy functional self/ego to realize the higher self and bring it's wisdom and insight into the world. Also there may be a value in the traumas when they are transformed which opens the heart to compassion for all beings. Ignoring,avoiding or supressing traumas can be a spiritual bypass and of course retaumatizing oneself with the wrong method or technique that's not suitable for an individauls temperment can be problematic.
(This post was last modified: 2023-09-02, 03:47 PM by Larry. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry's post:
  • Typoz, Valmar, Ninshub
I tend to agree with you Larry, but I think a lot of what you're saying goes to the heart of the debate. Or maybe it's only a debate for me, but I don't get that sense.

Good point about individual temperaments and sensibilities, and maybe where we come from. Spina at a young age was already going out of the body and was not identified with this early life, which is completely at odds with where I come from (and most others!).

Mishlove goes into how certain people will be very traumatized; Spina says he's had clients with severe traumas and those have gotten cured. The (2nd) psychologist I'm starting to see - who has a spiritual perspective and trained in Tibetan Buddhism and the "magic" side of that also** - is seeing and saying I know all my trauma stuff, the emotional convictions (beliefs) at the heart of it, but at some point seeing yourself with "traumas" is also a human identity, and limits you. The soul has no trauma - it is physically and psychologically whole. You need, according to that perspective, to get tune in more into that Higher Self to correct that programming. So, for example, she also tell me I should hypervigilant to whatever my mind is saying, become aware of it, telling it "OK, that's an old record, I'm not listening to you anymore" (without going to the contextual sources, because I am already extremely aware of them, and I do go through the processing of the emotions in the body - maybe I haven't enough, though, and that is one question for me that also goes to the heart of my questioning), then use a technique where I ask a question to my left hand (what do I want?) and then turn my head up towards the right and answe it "If (this situation X) was perfectly satisfying, it would be like this" and then go into as much detail as I can, to create positive programming, to see something where I would be fully happy, that is myself, authentically, safe, at peace, loved, loving, creative, etc. etc. etc.

Now there's a nuance there with what Spina is doing, but overall I see a similarity.

But I'm still left with my doubts as to what works, is it a mixture, etc. And I do see not just contrasts but contradictions. Perhaps I just have to live with those contradictions and muddle my way through, like everybody. But maybe even that is just another belief. I just know my mind can drive me nuts. And sometimes I wish I could shut it off, and have a tool or meds to shut down the entire limbic system! (screw the amygdala) Big Grin

(**She told me this story about attending a lecture by a Tibetan monk - who kept saying KNOW YOUR TRAUMA (or NEUROSIS). And then an hour just kept repeating: DON'T GO THERE, DON'T GO THERE, etc. etc.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Typoz, Larry
This is a more exhaustive interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXBPGqPpxRE

The interviewer asks also the question regarding what we've acquired through our subconscious mind through past lives.
(This post was last modified: 2023-09-02, 06:15 PM by Ninshub. Edited 1 time in total.)

• View a Printable Version