Hi

7 Replies, 2285 Views

I'm new here. Just found this site and it seems it might suit me.

I have a science background, chem, phys mainly. Technologically bent with quite the analytic mind.

I don't find religion of any value, but I would describe myself as a spiritual person if that makes sense.

I don't  mind stupid people, they cannot help their limitations, nor do I mind ignorant folk as they have not yet found out enough to reason.
What I don't like is hypocracy and willful ignorance aka many religious and politically leaning people.

I have a hypothesis I'd like to share later regarding time and existence if further reading shows this to be a suitable forum.

Anyway G'day from Oz  Big Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like bugeye's post:
  • Vy Chấn Hải, woethekitty, Ninshub, Valmar, Obiwan, malf, Mediochre, Doug, Typoz
Welcome bugeye - glad to have you among us. Hope we're suitable! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Typoz
(2018-12-20, 04:25 PM)bugeye Wrote: I'm new here. Just found this site and it seems it might suit me.

I have a science background, chem, phys mainly. Technologically bent with quite the analytic mind.

I don't find religion of any value, but I would describe myself as a spiritual person if that makes sense.

I don't  mind stupid people, they cannot help their limitations, nor do I mind ignorant folk as they have not yet found out enough to reason.
What I don't like is hypocracy and willful ignorance aka many religious and politically leaning people.

I have a hypothesis I'd like to share later regarding time and existence if further reading shows this to be a suitable forum.

Greetings Bugeye!

I think the interface between science and psi is really interesting. I have a similar background to yours, and I find that, rather late in life, I am reevaluating some issues that I long thought settled - evolution by natural selection, for example. I am also fascinated by phenomena I didn't even know existed, back in my student days - NDE's for example.
(2018-12-21, 10:43 AM)David001 Wrote: Greetings Bugeye!

I think the interface between science and psi is really interesting. I have a similar background to yours, and I find that, rather late in life, I am reevaluating some issues that I long thought settled - evolution by natural selection, for example. I am also fascinated by phenomena I didn't even know existed, back in my student days - NDE's for example.

Like  yourself, it took me a few decades to realise an adage my father used to say. "The older I get, the more I realise the less I know." He was an as*/ole, but still managed to teach me a few things.

I started with "astral" trying a course run by Gnostics  a few decades back had a sort of personal 'start' but nothing more. As my children grew up, I had a built in discussion base for all my existential thoughts, with one of my kids in particular being good to bounce thoughts off of.

It is an interesting world and an exciting time to be alive. Sometimes we hope for a faster progress on these extremely important topics whilst the world worries about their mobile phone apps, but still the net has allowed a progress by thinking persons that was never before possible in our known history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bugeye's post:
  • Obiwan
Quote:“What I don't like is hypocracy and willful ignorance aka many religious and politically leaning people.”

That’s an interesting and rather presumptive line in a greeting post.  Big Grin

I’m not particularly religious, but I have found myself ‘leaning politically’ in the past year or two. I’m 58. 

Would you like to open a thread in Political Discussions and discuss this further? I’m interested to know if you’d consider me one of the ‘many’. 

Either way, welcome aboard.  Thumbs Up
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • bugeye
(2018-12-21, 12:25 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: That’s an interesting and rather presumptive line in a greeting post.  Big Grin

I’m not particularly religious, but I have found myself ‘leaning politically’ in the past year or two. I’m 58. 

Would you like to open a thread in Political Discussions and discuss this further? I’m interested to know if you’d consider me one of the ‘many’. 

Either way, welcome aboard.  Thumbs Up

I headed off to do just that, but cannot find a "Political Discussions" section.
(2018-12-21, 12:36 PM)bugeye Wrote: I headed off to do just that, but cannot find a "Political Discussions" section.

Bugeye,

It exists, but it's hidden from the general public. Members have to join a group to participate in political/conspiracy theory discussions. In order to do so, simply follow these instructions:

1) Find and open your "User CP" (User Control Panel).
2) Click "Group Memberships" in the "Miscellaneous" section at the bottom left.
3) Click "Join Group" (Political/CT Forum Members).
[-] The following 4 users Like Doug's post:
  • tim, Ninshub, Stan Woolley, bugeye
(2018-12-20, 04:25 PM)bugeye Wrote: I'm new here. Just found this site and it seems it might suit me.

Hi!! Nice to meet you :Smile
 Welcome to this forum. 
 I love to discuss about everything. 
I don't have a science platform. 
My religion is art, i see them as a "supernature" thing and worship them. :p
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-27, 03:43 PM by Vy Chấn Hải.)

• View a Printable Version