Edward Snowden claims he has

7 Replies, 1101 Views

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/23/us/ed...index.html

Oh boy, what to think of this? Hmmm.

I really don't know what to think of Snowden. Much less, his claims here. I mean, how on Earth can you prove that claim one way or another? It just seems to wave away everything else. People's experiences, etc. 

Ed is crafty as anything. Obviously why the CIA hired him in the first place. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself, "does this guy have a good motivation to lie?". I can think of a few possible ones. 

And he only dismissed the existence of "aliens". What about the possibility some UFOs are man-made like some literature explores. Snowden leaves a lot to be desired frankly. 
Quote:PSA for all the Area 51 stormers, chemtrail believers and climate change deniers: Edward Snowden has searched the depths of the US intelligence networks and can report the conspiracy theories are not true.

Quote:As it turns out, the US government is not aware of any intelligent, extraterrestrial life, he says.

"For the record, as far as I could tell, aliens have never contacted Earth, or at least they haven't contacted US intelligence," Snowden writes in his recent memoir, "Permanent Record."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Desperado's post:
  • Ninshub
As someone who has worked in Information Technology for 30+ years, I'm skeptical of this claim. Was there any explanation of the technology behind his search of the CIA's "files"? I'm quite sure that the CIA contracts with different companies and maintains different storage subsystems, many likely on isolated networks. Not to mention the fact that separate databases are not easily queried. 

I'm guessing he may have been able to scan a percentage of the information available to him in whatever role he held. But to scan 100% of the information stored electronically by the CIA would be virtually impossible.
[-] The following 3 users Like chuck's post:
  • Desperado, Ninshub, Silence
(2019-10-25, 10:58 AM)chuck Wrote: As someone who has worked in Information Technology for 30+ years, I'm skeptical of this claim. Was there any explanation of the technology behind his search of the CIA's "files"? I'm quite sure that the CIA contracts with different companies and maintains different storage subsystems, many likely on isolated networks. Not to mention the fact that separate databases are not easily queried. 

I'm guessing he may have been able to scan a percentage of the information available to him in whatever role he held. But to scan 100% of the information stored electronically by the CIA would be virtually impossible.
Yes, this is the bare minimum we would expect from the CIA. Wierd Snowden is making this seemingly impossible claim.
[-] The following 2 users Like letseat's post:
  • Desperado, Ninshub
Reminds me of a comment a Chinese official said about something in America one time, "you'll know how true it is by how strongly they deny it."

I don't remember specifically what I was about anymore, only that it was later admitted to be the case in America a couple years later after having denied it for the same period. And so the comment stuck.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
Yes, it is a rather impossible claim. Why is he making it? Who knows, but being on Joe Rogan's podcast might have something to do with it. Maybe. 

In another article, he goes a step further and says that he doesn't completely dismiss the possibility of aliens. He just says they must be hidden "deeper then he looked". A bit different from what he said before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Desperado's post:
  • letseat
(2019-10-26, 05:26 PM)letseat Wrote: Yes, this is the bare minimum we would expect from the CIA. Wierd Snowden is making this seemingly impossible claim.

He said, "as far as I could tell"...how is that an impossible claim?
[-] The following 2 users Like berkelon's post:
  • letseat, malf
Here is one of the quotes from the article:

"But the idea that we're hiding them -- if we are hiding them -- I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," he continued. "So if it's hidden, and it could be hidden, it's hidden really damn well, even from people who are on the inside."

Clearly he was accessing the systems using methods that violated normal standards of access. I still think the idea that he had access to even a rough majority of information stored by those agencies is bunk. I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see information on what methodology he used. I know he did release that huge dump related to the NSA hacking toolbox.
I think you ‘hidden aliens’ believers are letting your imagination taking you too far. 1. Who should benefit from ‘hiding’ aliens from the public? 2. Why would it be in the US only there are hidden aliens and not in any other Country -  hmm weird? 3. If they existed Trumph would surely have tweeted about them long ago - or even the president don’t know about them? Right

• View a Printable Version