Dream of Gemstone

5 Replies, 545 Views

I don't often write down my dreams, this one I wrote down in the evening, many hours after the dream itself.

Quote:20:20 03/03/2022
Dream Last Night

I'm not sure how it began. I had in my possession an old metal padlock. It was large, archaic, about the size of a large but thin paperback. Perhaps I found it in the shed, or in a junkshop.

It was made of two rusting steel plates, rivetted together with the ancient mechanism sandwiched between them. I was showing it to a knowledgeable friend. He somehow identified it and suggested it could be a valuable antique, worth maybe 10 or 15 thousand pounds. That was a surprise to me, I'd not paid for it at all. It did look in a poor state, I asked if he might be able to renovate it somewhat. He said no, not his area of expertise, I'd need to find an expert with that type of device.

After he handed it back to me and I turned it over in my hands, thinking how surprising it was that this might be worth something, it seemed the rusting iron rivets just gave way. The front and back plates came apart and the even more rusty innards were exposed.

Then a surprise. Not something one expected to find inside such a rusting mechanism. A large jewel, a very clear and sizeable crystal, seemingly a diamond. It could be far more valuable than previously suggested. But this wasn't so much the financial value, that was not important. Instead it seemed to represent something spiritual, like for example Hope or Truth, something very meaningful.

It felt like the decaying piece of rust had given way to reveal a hidden gem at its centre, a kind of spiritual gift of great worth.

I'll say more later, just sharing this for now. There is a possible sequel to this.
[-] The following 8 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Silence, Ninshub, stephenw, Sciborg_S_Patel, Raimo, Mediochre, Laird, Brian
Seems like this one means something.  I know I'm just reading into this but what I see is that you have something from the past that you have locked away.  It is a valuable jewel but you have forgotten it and are not aware of it's value.  Your friend realizes it is valuable but, being human, is not in a position to help you, other than to suggest you find an expert.  The expert your friend is referring to is God, the only one who understands the mechanism.  However, if you were only to realize that this was a precious jewel, the lock would break, revealing both your own rusty thinking and the jewel that you have forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 2022-03-28, 09:44 PM by Brian. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Brian's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird, Typoz
Thanks, @Brian for your ideas and thoughts. Interesting.

To begin, I will list some key words or ideas from my dream:
  • old metal padlock
  • large, archaic
  • about the size of a large but thin paperback
  • it could be valuable, worth several thousand pounds
  • a surprise, not paid for it
  • need to find an expert
  • front and back plates came apart
  • rusty innards were exposed
  • something unexpected found inside
  • large jewel, a very clear and sizeable crystal
  • represented something spiritual, e.g. Hope or Truth
  • decay revealed a hidden gem, a spiritual gift

Anyway, the reason I posted this thread is because I had the dream on 2nd/3rd March. Yesterday, 28th March I came across some small story tucked away in a corner of the news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-60905097

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/...ch-8780152

Basically, the woman in that real-life story found something which was unexpected. Possibly valuable. Came apart. About the size of a large but thin paperback (look at the base of the box which came off). Lot of old coins - could be valuable. Something unexpected - a large perfume bottle. Also some clear gemstones.

(more pictures in the linked articles.)

What struck me was among the discoloured or corroded coins, almost overlooked were a few gemstones. At least one was clear and bright. Also the thing came apart in my hands - just like the chest which was prised apart.

That and the size of things. what was odd about my dream was that I had an idea of an old padlock about the size of a large thin paperback. That doesn't make a lot of sense. But if it is the combining of two separate things, an ordinary small padlock attached to something with a detachable base then things fit quite well.

A lot of things seem to fit quite well - except of course I didn't find anything, this wasn't my story, just some random person miles away.

What do I conclude? A possible precognition of this (fairly minor) event. Secondly, the spiritual gift - which I suggested was Hope or Truth - is still my own, or maybe something for the world.

And one more thing, coming back to Brian's comment. Inside that box there was a large, important-looking key.

What does it unlock?
(This post was last modified: 2022-03-30, 11:39 AM by Typoz. Edited 5 times in total.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Silence, Raimo, Sciborg_S_Patel, stephenw
While I'm here, I'll mention a dream which I just had a couple of hours ago. There were a few different things happening, I had been inside a building such as an office or a college. I had stepped outside, was walking across a grassy area to get from one part to another. An unknown woman was walking the same way and we exchanged a few words, in typical British style mentioning the weather which was warm and sunny. She asked me what I thought about something - I think maybe to do with how nice it was to walk across the grass in the sun. I said something about how it felt to be more connected with this ground, but not this patch here, not that institution or town or country. It was bigger than any of that. A connection with the planet, which dwarfed any everyday concerns. She agreed, this total stranger was of like mind, or confirming I was on the right lines.
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Raimo, Sciborg_S_Patel, Brian
Continuing from my second post.
Image with gemstone in bottom right corner.
[Image: 0_coining-it-a-mu-810917.jpg]
I started to wonder whether someone in Victorian times had found all these items on the beach, over many years. At some point (late in life or afterwards) the finder or a relative decided to bury it as a surprise for some future beachcomber.

Also, the finder says, "I found the chest at the bottom of the cliffs behind a raised bank. It was covered in sand but is in fairly good condition considering how old it is". I thought I read a mention on another website of a recent cliff fall. That raises the possibility that it may have been hidden, not on the beach, but on land, say at the edge of farmland, and was revealed by gradual erosion of the cliff.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Raimo, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2022-03-29, 07:12 AM)Typoz Wrote: While I'm here, I'll mention a dream which I just had a couple of hours ago. There were a few different things happening, I had been inside a building such as an office or a college. I had stepped outside, was walking across a grassy area to get from one part to another. An unknown woman was walking the same way and we exchanged a few words, in typical British style mentioning the weather which was warm and sunny. She asked me what I thought about something - I think maybe to do with how nice it was to walk across the grass in the sun. I said something about how it felt to be more connected with this ground, but not this patch here, not that institution or town or country. It was bigger than any of that. A connection with the planet, which dwarfed any everyday concerns. She agreed, this total stranger was of like mind, or confirming I was on the right lines.

I'm just rereading this, I'd forgotten about it, the dream seemed fairly undramatic and didn't stay in my mind.

Now, it does resonate with something real which happened to me a few weeks ago. I had stepped out of a large building and was walking across a large grassy area in the sun and some unknown woman called me over. I sat on the grass and we talked. It was someone I already knew a little but mostly as an acquaintance. We talked, a little about the weather which was warm and sunny. Remarkably I talked about being connected to the ground, placing my hand on the grass as I did so. We shared stories and she told me some remarkable accounts of spiritual events in her life, it was not a trivial meeting.

Things like this remind me - and I recommend to others - write dreams down. Even ones which seem quite minor can later be played out in real-life. What that means is not only that time is not a barrier to communication, but also that there is more to life, it is more than the mundane.

p.s. In the dream I said the woman and I were walking the same way, but above in real life I wrote that I sat down. Actually after that we did both walk together across the grass.
(This post was last modified: 2022-08-04, 09:17 AM by Typoz. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Sciborg_S_Patel, Silence, Ninshub, Raimo

• View a Printable Version