Count to ten

3 Replies, 497 Views

I was standing outside a shop door and for some reason had to count ten paces to the door of the next shop.  My 10.00am alarm sounded at exactly the count of ten and woke me up.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brian's post:
  • stephenw, Ninshub, diverdown, woethekitty, Raimo, Larry, Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
Thanks for sharing Brian.

I’ve had similar types of dreams that connect with real life somehow. Mostly I get dreams that have me wake up a few mins before my alarm is due to go off.

I’ve also had dreams where someone is telling me to wake up and I find that I had dozed off and hit the wrong button on my phone! So something saved my bacon from being late to work!
[-] The following 2 users Like diverdown's post:
  • Brian, Ninshub
(2021-12-06, 12:42 AM)diverdown Wrote: Thanks for sharing Brian.

I’ve had similar types of dreams that connect with real life somehow. Mostly I get dreams that have me wake up a few mins before my alarm is due to go off.

I’ve also had dreams where someone is telling me to wake up and I find that I had dozed off and hit the wrong button on my phone! So something saved my bacon from being late to work!

I had a dream once where I woke up a second before the alarm went off and I knew it was the right time as soon as I woke up.  I had another dream once but I can't remember what it was.  It was a premonition of something that happened a couple of seconds after I had woken up.  Nothing important or dramatic though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brian's post:
  • Typoz, diverdown
Yes I’ve had the exact same experienced too on both counts

I’ll tell you another cool thing. I work on a ship with lots of people onboard, and am doing so at the moment. I get random thoughts about films and songs and other similar things, randomly pop into my head. Often the next day or so I’ll see the film I was thinking about appear as a new film on the crew tv list, or I hear a song being played in the bar. Sometimes these are fairly obscure or older films and songs too, so it’s not something that everyone would be aware of and would be an obvious coincidence, as it seems.

I have a theory that being on a ship with other people for a long time in confined spaces, allows us to get in touch with some kind of shared unconscious much easier. Like we are all linked in some way. Synchronicities seem to happen more frequently. I can just get a strong feeling sometimes that a person whom I am close to onboard that, if I just start to walk around the vessel, I can ‘bump’ into them.

I think we start to become more telepathic onboard and get to rediscover some of the ‘old’ ways as if harkening back to tribal days when groups of people you know were much smaller.
[-] The following 3 users Like diverdown's post:
  • Valmar, Brian, stephenw

• View a Printable Version