Contentious posts involving Pssst and a few others

24 Replies, 2730 Views

(2018-05-20, 09:44 PM)Pssst Wrote: Like attracts like. Two posters, same issues. One. who introduced himself with the self-loathing statement of worthlessness " an incredibly bland person", the second resonates with an inability to find his own self-worth while wallowing within a sea of insecurities.

stunning.

Heart

Oh boy ad hominem attacks. yeah you're really showing people who's rational now Pssst. Whatcha gonna do next, call me a poopyhead?
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Brian
If Pssst is referring to me when he says "the second resonates with an inability to find his own self-worth while wallowing within a sea of insecurities" then he needs to give evidence of this and his reasons for believing so or else shut up, but he won't because he loathes evidence and trolling is all he knows.  My self worth was established many many decades ago and accusing somebody of having insecurities is the troll's usual way of blaming his victims for their feelings about his own bad attitude towards them.  I always get it from good members of the community too - "you're too sensitive" or "you need to man up"  It never seems to be the trolls and scoffers who are expected to do something about themselves! I would say it is Pssst who has many insecurities and that is why he lives in a fantasy world - to protect himself.
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-21, 06:44 AM by Brian.)
(2018-05-20, 09:44 PM)Pssst Wrote: Enjoy the journeys you have selected. Seek your excitement, whatever that might be. But, for Now, I'm dropping out of these conversations.
 bump
(2018-05-20, 11:08 PM)Mediochre Wrote: Oh boy ad hominem attacks. yeah you're really showing people who's rational now Pssst. Whatcha gonna do next, call me a poopyhead?

This is an odd thread, no? 

Not that I'm defending any of his (or her) viewpoints, but Pssst has been the subject of a fair number of ad homs. Not fair at all to somehow claim that based on that he (or she) is lacking rationality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dante's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2018-05-21, 09:50 PM)Dante Wrote: This is an odd thread, no?

well, yes!  Big Grin

Quote:Not that I'm defending any of his (or her) viewpoints, but Pssst has been the subject of a fair number of ad homs. Not fair at all to somehow claim that based on that he (or she) is lacking rationality.

What is rational is subject to POV, I suppose. I find it irrational for adults that are concerned in the least with the comments and opinions of others re: their forum participation. I tried by damnedest when Medoichre's girlfriend, Dreamsoap, kicked him to the curb, to point out that he needn't take it personal. She carried an entirely opposite vibration obviously, they weren't compatible.

Alas, to no avail.  Sad
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-21, 11:17 PM by Pssst.)
(2018-05-21, 11:16 PM)Pssst Wrote: well, yes!  Big Grin

What is rational is subject to POV, I suppose. I find it irrational for adults that are concerned in the least with the comments and opinions of others re: their forum participation. I tried by damnedest when Medoichre's girlfriend, Dreamsoap, kicked him to the curb, to point out that he needn't take it personal. She carried an entirely opposite vibration obviously, they weren't compatible.

Alas, to no avail.  Sad

I like you pssst, your not like the other kids here in the trailer park.
(Plagiarized from an old punk rock tune.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oleo's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2018-05-21, 11:47 PM)Oleo Wrote: I like you pssst, your not like the other kids here in the trailer park.
(Plagiarized from an old punk rock tune.)

But you know what's really going on...it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay Martians. I swear to God.

Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • Oleo
This is the first post I'm writing in the contention thread. The rest had been moved from other threads. Just wanted to address a couple things and put a timeline together for people to hopefully make sense of.

(2018-05-21, 11:16 PM)Pssst Wrote: What is rational is subject to POV, I suppose. I find it irrational for adults that are concerned in the least with the comments and opinions of others re: their forum participation.

The issue some people, including me, have expressed with you Pssst is that this is a forum that is largely trying to be based on science, reason and of course, evidence. As in, the idea that what is rational is not subject to point of view but can be demonstrated in an objective manner via the scientific method.

I don't actually care that you believe what you believe or that you talk on the forum and I never have. I care, or more accurately, cared that you did so in the most unscientific way possible. You have a repeating pattern of asserting your opinions as truth, then when people question you on them you act like you have nothing to prove, change your story and say that you only believe it "metaphorically" and/or use ad hominem arguments, i.e insults, that have nothing to do with the questions. I've yet to see you actually have an honest discussion with someone. Maybe you have and I haven't seen it, but until I do I've no reason to change my view. Once I saw your pattern enough I just stopped talking to you because it was obvious you had no interest in an honest rational scientific discussion and nothing would be gained from repeatedly pulling apart your arguments and rebuttals.

But all good things must come to an end I suppose, One day, on the "Problems with the Multiverse" thread:

http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-pr...multiverse

I'm posting my own view on the issue:

Quote:I refuse to believe infinity is or even could be designed consciously by anything. As in, even if it unbelievably turned out to be true, I'd reject it on principle. I am no ones puppet.

Not trying to prove I'm right or anything, just stating my personal principle on the matter although I would've gladly gone into my reasoning and where it came from if someone asked. You, however, reply:

Quote:lol

PLONK

Having seen your pattern many times I know you're not actually interested in any sort of real discussion. You're just there to assert your opinions as fact, so I dismissively reply:

Quote:As if you of all people have anything remotely rational to add.

Leaving it at that because I know there's no point trying to take it further or be rational with you given the quality of your comment to me.

Brian likes my reply to you and replies "Seconded", seemingly resurfacing on the forum from a long absence from what I could tell

He then apparently goes on some sort of crusade against you and I'm not really sure why to be honest. I'm not really sure what happens during all that. Somewhere along the line this thread apparently gets created, I think by an admin maybe and posts about you and Brian fighting get moved here,

Then on the second page your May ET update thread:

http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-ma...e-et-front

tim asks you what you think the Lock Ness monster is, musing that he may regret asking, you reply with a claim about a group of genetically related interdimensional beings, then tim replies

Quote:Is this the part that you worried about?

Not worried, just curious how you believe you know this. If I was going to engage with you seriously, I would of course ask you to provide some evidence to show on what basis you make such extraordinary and totally unfalsifiable claims, but you won't have any (I think I can safely say that ?)

However, there's a place for 'off the wall' characters such as yourself. For what it's worth, I think Nessie is probably the canny invention of the Highland "Scotsman," an indigenous, rather frightening looking creature (in itself), with hairy legs and a skirt, genetically programed to forage a few extra pennies into it's sporran, from tourism.

to which you reply:

Quote:If you had friends, or relatives or simple acquaintances for that matter, and you received information from them that is consistently true. Over time, Decades. Would you continue to trust those sources of information?

Which doesn't remotely answer the question and barely even adresses it. I decide that since this is a pretty easy point to make I reply:

Quote:Irrelevant. Even if it's true, until you provide evidence that is formatted in a way that allows other people to independently verify your claims without needing to trust you on it you have nothing. It's great that you may or may not have these people that may or may not be consistently right, but you can't present their information to others as fact and be surprised that people don't accept it unquestioningly.

I have crazy ideas too, but I don't arrogantly tell people their ideas are wrong, present my own and then scoff at the idea that I should have to provide evidence for my claims when asked. I just state that it's what I've heard or it's what I remember, etc and that I don't expect anyone to believe me. It's a lot more neutral and a lot more accurate and rational.

A reply that, apparently, quite a number of people liked. Notice that in this whole string of events I haven't attacked, insulted or otherwise disrespected you aggressively even once. Anything of that sort that I said was in response to your disrespect. Although my comment about you arrogantly asserting your opinion may seem that way to outsiders, it is based on prior experience back when I did care about engaging with you such as Steve001's Roots of Religion thread:

http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-th...f-religion

Where in response to his video you respond:

Quote:Baloney.

Religion began when the Anunnaki made cooperative 'slaves' out of a faction of the hominoid species they genetically re-engineered.  That species became Homo Sapiens (us). The Enlileans of the Anunnaki took advantage of our naivete and allowed the concept of 'gods' to be attached to them. From that the first religions sprung.

The name Anunnaki  is derived from An,[2] later for the Assyrians and Babylonians, Anu was a sky-god, the god of heaven, lord of constellations, king of gods, spirits and demons, and dwelt in the highest heavenly regions. It was believed that he had the power to judge those who had committed crimes, and that he had created the stars as soldiers to destroy the wicked.

Screwed By The Anunnaki?

complete with a broken link to universalstarseedsDOTnet which isn't exactly a source known for its stringent adherence to scientific scrutiny.

So, back in your update thread, many people like my reply to you, including Brian who replies "+1000" to it. Now, you had an opportunity here to engage with my comment in a respectful, scientific way. Maybe you'd see a point that I got wrong and wanted to point it out, maybe you'd want to clear up a misunderstanding. Maybe you'd seen my points and wanted to acknowledge them and learn something, refining your understanding of reality? Who knows? But, did you do this? No. You replied:

Quote:Like attracts like. Two posters, same issues. One. who introduced himself with the self-loathing statement of worthlessness " an incredibly bland person", the second resonates with an inability to find his own self-worth while wallowing within a sea of insecurities.

stunning.

[Image: heart.png]
And presumably a few minutes later edited your comment to include this:

Quote:Enjoy the journeys you have selected. Seek your excitement, whatever that might be. But, for Now, I'm dropping out of these conversations.

[Image: Smiley20.gif]

A childish reply full of assertions and presumptions about mine and Brian's mental/emotional states that I believe speaks for itself in the value it added to the conversation. Not surprised at this childish and immature response from you as it matches the same pattern of behaviour you've displayed repeatedly on the forum whenever someone asks you questions I dismissively reply in the same manner I did on the multiverse thread:

Quote:Oh boy ad hominem attacks. yeah you're really showing people who's rational now Pssst. Whatcha gonna do next, call me a poopyhead?

Again, intending to leave it at that, knowing you have no interest in serious engagement and knowing being rational isn't going to make a difference. Talking to you like you talk to me.

At some point Laird moves various posts into this thread where Brian, you and a couple other continue talking. I'd say the rest is history but not quite yet. In your response to oleo you say this:

Quote:I tried by damnedest when Medoichre's girlfriend, Dreamsoap, kicked him to the curb, to point out that he needn't take it personal. She carried an entirely opposite vibration obviously, they weren't compatible.

Alas, to no avail.  Sad

I really hope I don't have to tell people how much of an obvious, blatant falsehood all of this is and I'm pretty sure most people would agree that the intellectual, not to mention emotional, maturity level of this reply is pretty low. If not, feel free to tell me why. I would ask you your reason for believing this Pssst, but knowing you, I highly doubt you actually have any. Based on your previous behaviour I suspect you will insult me, change your story and/or run away again. However, feel free to prove me wrong.

I hope this reply was informative, probably not to Pssst, but maybe to anyone else reading it.

If everything is simply a point of view as you say Pssst, then here's mine. You're an intellectually lazy, dishonest, spiritualist troll that desperately wants other people to think you're special and in possession of secret knowledge so they hang off of your every word without wanting to put in any of the time or effort necessary to develop the skills or knowledge required. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, who knows? But nonetheless, that's my view at the moment, and I don't expect anyone else to believe or support me on it.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 5 users Like Mediochre's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Valmar, Laird, Doug, Brian
(2018-05-21, 09:50 PM)Dante Wrote: This is an odd thread, no? 

Not that I'm defending any of his (or her) viewpoints, but Pssst has been the subject of a fair number of ad homs. Not fair at all to somehow claim that based on that he (or she) is lacking rationality.

Pssst has a habit of starting Ad homs, it's just that he hides them in his new age rhetoric.  I'm lost and insecure, I'm a "grifter"   I can't remember the other stuff.  I wouldn't bleed for him.  I just wish people would stop quoting him or the forum could find a way to make those quotes invisible to me.  I would rather not see what he writes then I won't feel pushed to reply.  Not knowing he exists would be healthier for both of us than all this bad feeling!  Still, he must be the only person who has had an entire thread devoted to the unpopularity of the junk he writes.  Quite an achievment.

EDIT: If I was a moderator, I would have Pssst banned purely on the grounds of what he wrote about Mediochre's girlfriend.  That was deeply offensive and cruel and it was none of his business!
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-22, 06:50 AM by Brian.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Brian's post:
  • tim, Max_B, malf, Valmar, Laird, Doug
(2018-05-22, 05:47 AM)Pssst Wrote: But you know what's really going on...it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay Martians. I swear to God.

true that

• View a Printable Version