Should we permit interviews on non-core subjects, esp AIDS/HIV?

191 Replies, 21492 Views

(2017-09-28, 02:39 AM)Max_B Wrote: We're discussing why hiv/aids or homosexuality subjects should be singled out for special prohibition on psiencequest...

Christ Max, it sounds like you're being dense on purpose. No we're not. We're discussing if non-paranormal topics are fit as PQ-labelled interviews. My take is no. And I would add homeopathy, 9/11, Intelligent Design, Electric Universe, etc., etc, etc. into that category. It just happens that this is the first non-psi topic that's been brought up as a potential interview subject and why the discussion is taking place.

But I've also added my concern about having any place for this interview on the forum (outside of a conspiracy theory sub-forum), given that it also will turn some psi contributing people off - BECAUSE it can strike them as racist, homophobic, etc. etc., and they don't want to be associated with a forum with such backwards ideas. (I'm not saying that Bauer's ideas are adequately summarized as such - I have no clue -, but I know that they have been criticized, rightly or wrongly, as being associated with socially right-wing ideology.)
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-28, 02:51 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Roberta, Obiwan, Doug, chuck, Dante
This post has been deleted.
(2017-09-28, 02:48 AM)Max_B Wrote: Your just not getting it!!! Wake up!!! what is being proposed is the banning of discussion of hiv/aids on psiencequest. NOT the interviewee!!! That just comes by default of the ban on hiv/aids... can't you see that!!! No decisive subjects.... and it's been labelled divisive by Ninshub!!!!!!

Yeah. I don't think you are getting it. I think there are probably 100's of subjects that aren't going to be appropriate for interviews here. Flat earth included. 

Man. My soul mate died of AIDs when I was 23 in 1989. He was an early death. I worked at a gay/lesbian resort and folks there were in various stages of HIV/AIDS. I delivered meals to shut ins in San Francisco in the 80's to people with AIDS. I'm no stranger to folks with HIV/AIDS.

If no one can convince me that the ONE GUY who thinks HIV isn't related to AIDS should be interviewed here, then I don't think he should be interviewed. There has to be at least one person who can pick up this guys flag and say--hey, this is why this guy should be interviewed. His theory makes sense because X, Y and Z. You aren't doing that. You are just calling everyone homophobes, which is absurd.

Someone stand up and defend this theory. Or else it's going to sink.
[-] The following 4 users Like chuck's post:
  • Ninshub, laborde, Roberta, Obiwan
(2017-09-28, 02:54 AM)chuck Wrote: Someone stand up and defend this theory. Or else it's going to sink.

Don't you think that David did something like that already in post #47?
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • Obiwan, DaveB, Doppelgänger
(2017-09-28, 03:06 AM)Max_B Wrote: what's been proposed by Ninshub is complete banning discussion of HIV/AIDS discussion on psiencequest

You're still not reading what I wrote Max, obviously.

Btw, homosexuality or AIDS-HIV can be discussed in Other Stuff, or politics or conspiracy theories, wherever those topics and the particular angles taken on them fit in the forum. If they feature in a psi topic, then they can fit in there too! Like any other topic....
(2017-09-28, 03:09 AM)Max_B Wrote: I think that is often weak Homophobia... dressed up as something else.

Have you read what I wrote about Henry Bauer being identified with homophobia and racism??? I remember Chris reacting in the last forum (I think, if I remember correctly), and I had assumed it was because of something like this.....

• View a Printable Version