Search Results
    Thread: Michael Sudduth's critique of the Leininger case as reincarnation or psi evidence
Post: RE: Michael Sudduth's critique of the Leininger ca...

EyesShiningAngrily Wrote: (2022-08-27, 09:39 AM) -- Hmm, Keith Augustine isn't polite to me. Although, I did publish a negative review (http://ian-wardell.blogspot.com/2018/04/a-response-to-myth-of-a...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-27, 12:42 PM
 6,812     149
    Thread: Michael Sudduth's critique of the Leininger case as reincarnation or psi evidence

nbtruthman Wrote: (2022-08-27, 11:31 AM) -- Maybe. But in NDEs the experiencer often very much resists going back into body, but apparently is forced back against his/her will. Indicating that the "s...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-27, 12:39 PM
 6,812     149

OK, just reading back through the comments that have been made in the past day or so, it seems that people are aware of this possibility that not everyone need reincarnate.  Maybe I should read all co...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-27, 09:51 AM
 6,812     149

tim Wrote: (2022-08-26, 11:07 AM) -- That could easily be our friend Keith Augustine, Brian. He doesn't debunk anything, he's nit picking and making generalisations which have been dealt with. (Pleas...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-27, 09:39 AM
 6,812     149

Silence Wrote: (2022-08-25, 04:17 PM) -- I'll bite! I'm not so sure that the point you made is logically coherent.  Why would an afterlife logically posit a "beforelife"?  I get that reincarnation...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-25, 07:06 PM
 6,812     149

nbtruthman Quote: -- [W]hat survives from life to life and learns and grows from the experiences and struggles, is definitely not our common sense intuituive notion of ourselves as being a combina...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-25, 04:29 PM
 6,812     149

Brian Wrote: -- I wasn't talking about rejecting anything, just not jumping to conclusions concerning what anecdotal evidence proves or disproves, simply because of your personal preference.  I rejec...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-25, 03:36 PM
 6,812     149
    Thread: Steven Pinker and Brian Josephson debate ESP

I wrote a response to Pinker.  Go here (http://ianwardells.blogspot.com/2022/08/esp-debate-is-belief-in-esp-irrational.html).
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-24, 06:04 PM
 467     6

Silence Wrote: (2022-08-24, 12:17 PM) -- I'd have to get more of an understanding on the context of reincarnation, but one thing that comes to mind is the lack of continuity.  If there is no retentio...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-24, 01:40 PM
 6,812     149

RViewer88 Wrote: (2022-04-30, 08:21 PM) -- I'm not sure about this. What Sudduth seems to stand convicted of is being a narcissistic d***head with an omniscience complex. But I can't say I've seen an...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-24, 10:48 AM
 6,812     149

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2022-04-06, 06:23 PM) -- Braude even mentioned it as a challenge to reincarnation studies as a whole prior to the publication itself. -- How on earth could it be a challenge...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-24, 10:19 AM
 6,812     149
    Thread: New proponent vs. skeptic debate on survival of death in JSE
Post: RE: New proponent vs. skeptic debate on survival o...

Augustine says: Quote: -- [A]lthough Nahm concludes that “the available evidence for survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death clearly matches the standard of proof beyond a...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-23, 04:18 PM
 1,159     20

Augustine said: Quote: -- the failure of such simple tests of survival is incredibly problematic for empirical survivalists, such as those who herald mental mediumship as providing the best evi...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-23, 04:11 PM
 1,159     20

Augustine said: Quote: -- One possibility stands out among the rest for its sheer simplicity: perhaps out-of-body experience (OBE) adepts and near-death experiencers (NDErs) cannot describe re...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-23, 04:05 PM
 1,159     20

I've just started to read Augustine's paper. Augustine said: Quote: -- If BICS wanted an objective assessment of the state of the survival evidence, why not instead commission an evidence r...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-08-23, 03:58 PM
 1,159     20
    Thread: The many fallacies of "The Soul Fallacy".

I wrote and published a few days ago a ~5,000 word review (https://ian-wardell.blogspot.com/2022/06/the-many-fallacies-of-soul-fallacy.html) of the book The Soul Fallacy (https://www.amazon.com/Soul-F...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Philosophical Discussions , 2022-07-11, 11:51 AM
 842     20

RViewer88 Wrote: (2022-04-30, 08:21 PM) -- I'm not sure about this. What Sudduth seems to stand convicted of is being a narcissistic d***head with an omniscience complex. But I can't say I've seen an...
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-05-23, 07:17 PM
 6,812     149
    Thread: Bigelow Institute essays on life after death in PDF
Post: RE: Bigelow Institute essays on life after death i...

My thoughts on the winning essay: http://ian-wardell.blogspot.com/2021/11/thoughts-on-winning-bics-essay.html (http://ian-wardell.blogspot.com/2021/11/thoughts-on-winning-bics-essay.html)
Posted by EyesShiningAngrily in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2021-11-30, 12:51 PM
 2,820     38