Search Results
    Thread: Aware II results

I found at least one study done on dying patients measured by EEG. A cessation in EEG activity actually preceded death and continued flat 30 minutes in. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28231862/ (h...
Posted by xxii in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-12-25, 10:24 PM
 5,405     107
    Thread: Dualism or idealist monism as the best model for survival after death data
Post: RE: Dualism or idealist monism as the best model f...

Just read through this thread because it was linked in one I posted that tackled the same issue. I’m first of all very surprised at the collective intelligence on this forum. A lot of very nuanced and...
Posted by xxii in Philosophical Discussions , 2022-12-18, 08:15 PM
 10,335     358
    Thread: Is the world a dream of god?

By god I mean some sort of total, substantiating, primal consciousness. This is more or less what idealism  holds. Matter is a manifestation of mind. We find this intuitively appealing because we know...
Posted by xxii in Spirituality , 2022-12-16, 09:37 PM
 195     5
    Thread: Why was the hit from the first AWARE given more importance?
Post: RE: Why was the hit from the first AWARE given mor...

Typoz Wrote: (2022-12-11, 09:13 PM) -- Well, it was classified as 'verified' in the paper. There's no ambiguity there. Personally I think the EEG-measurement aspect is following a separate tack. T...
Posted by xxii in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2022-12-11, 11:33 PM
 726     18
Post: RE: Why was the hit from the first AWARE given mor...

Typoz Wrote: (2022-12-11, 03:41 PM) -- If I may take the liberty of quoting directly from the published paper which I downloaded from here: https://ifac.univ-nantes.fr/IMG/pdf/aware-awareness_during...
Posted by xxii in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2022-12-11, 08:53 PM
 726     18
Post: Why was the hit from the first AWARE given more im...

I know that it doesn’t bear the same weight as if the patient had seen the target image, but they have verified perception of events, including visual perception, up to three minutes into cardiac arre...
Posted by xxii in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2022-12-11, 12:32 AM
 726     18
    Thread: NDE Multimedia Resource Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnPTNWupqU it's in Portugese but it's one of the strongest accounts I've seen, both because of the emotional content and because of what transpires. He has a series...
Posted by xxii in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2018-12-22, 05:03 AM
 61,603     272
    Thread: Why are we here?

The only thing I can think of is that somehow matter, the material or physical plane, is needed to "produce" minds, souls, individuality in consciousness. Simple  forms of consciousness incarnate in p...
 1,613     10
    Thread: Why are we here?

So I've been reading a lot of different material about survival, life after death, etc. I guess I am at a point where I can say I believe in LAD in very much the same way I believe that Australia is a...
 1,613     10
    Thread: Best survival evidence / Request

Raimo Wrote: (2018-12-15, 12:43 PM) -- 1. Personal experiences. -- Would you mind sharing those experiences?
 1,264     6
    Thread: Best survival evidence / Request

Hey everyone, I was wondering what is the best survival evidence is for different posters here, and was wondering if you'd be kind enough to point me to reading resources regarding whatever you think ...
 1,264     6
    Thread: Keith Augustine interview

Max_B Wrote: (2018-12-13, 09:14 PM) -- You might study what medical EEG is actually measuring, so that you understand the limitations of medical EEG. A major problem for your argument is the existenc...
Posted by xxii in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2018-12-14, 12:34 AM
 25,674     154

Max_B Wrote: (2018-12-13, 02:41 AM) -- It doesn’t make any sense to me that you claim on one hand that we know there is not a lot of activity going on within the brain during the NDE (presumably you ...
Posted by xxii in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2018-12-13, 04:20 PM
 25,674     154

Max_B Wrote: (2018-03-30, 11:06 PM) -- Forgetting about the afterlife stuff (I don't personally believe NDE's say anything for or against an afterlife - but I do believe that it's likely some type-of...
Posted by xxii in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2018-12-12, 11:18 PM
 25,674     154