Buddha At The Gas Pump Mega Thread!!!

47 Replies, 6644 Views

Great thread Chuck.

I have listened to loads of Rick's interviews. Some even all the way through!  Tongue

At the moment I've lost interest in them, as I really feel that a lot of them are mostly about ego. I think that might be biased because of where I find myself on my own journey, so make what you want of it. 

There are some that I really enjoyed, Jurgen's one, and Bernardo's too come to mind. Other's too, the truck driver for example struck me as someone that's well on the way to 'enlightenment' - but who knows? 

I'm yet to find a truly 'Jesus like' character. We are all flawed, possibly Jesus was too? They are not to be found here on earth, at least not easily, and I don't think such people would want to be interviewed on Buddha at the Gas Pump!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • jkmac
(2017-09-12, 10:56 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: I'm yet to find a truly 'Jesus like' character. We are all flawed, possibly Jesus was too? They are not to be found here on earth, at least not easily, and I don't think such people would want to be interviewed on Buddha at the Gas Pump!

Possibly many people exhibit those qualities some of the time. It is even possible that some have reached it all of the time. However, it doesn't automatically follow that such a person will be in a prominent position. There may be anonymous characters who pass us by on the street and we'd never know.

In my view there are certain characteristics which are specific either to the individual person, or to the role they play during a particular lifetime, and are not directly related to an enlightened state. Hence we should not necessarily be looking for someone who occupies any particular role or position in society.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Ninshub, Stan Woolley
(2017-09-12, 10:56 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Great thread Chuck.

I have listened to loads of Rick's interviews. Some even all the way through!  Tongue

At the moment I've lost interest in them, as I really feel that a lot of them are mostly about ego. I think that might be biased because of where I find myself on my own journey, so make what you want of it. 

LOL. Very funny. I have made it into a bit of a Gong Show. 

Certainly a lot of them are about the ego of the "awakening" individual. Right now I find that really interesting. It's pretty clear that most of the guests probably feel (based on remnants of ego) that they are "done" or very nearly so.

Typoz makes a great point. Very few truly enlightened people would go on Rick's show and claim to be awakened. I also think very few enlightened people would hang out the spiritual shingle and start selling.

That's not to say something profound isn't happening to a large number of these folks. Maybe you are right that by hook or by crook they are shedding enough ego to expose these curious, but fairly consistent underpinnings.

In my latest review (still listening, so not yet posted) I wonder why there isn't as much crossover between this phenomena and the UFO phenomena. I would have expected some leakage. We do see encounters with "beings of light", Jesus or other ascended masters. So that is certainly a meeting point between the two phenomena. It's been a while since I listened, so I may be able to pick out more touch points if I continue.

My other gut takeaway is that something is happening to these folks. It is a very specific and well defined process and they are all walking through many of the same states and ways of being. I certainly don't think it is making them "better" people. But it is changing them and in a way that effects them long term. This isn't an effect that lasts an hour or a few days. These people are changed for years, or perhaps a lifetime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chuck's post:
  • Typoz
409. Stephen D'Amico

Able to sit very still while Rick does long intro.

Runs grilled cheese restaurant! Known as "grilled cheese guru."

Rick throws him a couple strong curve balls on "witnessing" to see how he responds. I think this is how Rick susses out his guest.

Encountered occult phenomena as a child.

Had very strong sleep related phenomena every night as a child. (Melding with source.)

Some interesting talk about non-physical beings in the "intermediate zones" both helpful and hurtful.

Rick owns many earth-tone polo shirts.

Really gets bogged down.

46:00 Finally getting to the details of the awakening.

Seems a little nervous talking about "his awakening." I mean who would want to get onto a camera and talk about that?

Seems unique among "awakenings." Involves a presence. Felt a really fullness of emptiness.

This guy seems pretty far from being done. Classic medium scale awakening. Needs to cook for a few more lives maybe.

Having realizations while immersed in the formless. That seems contradictory.

Underwent permanent psychological changes.

(Thought: Shouldn't we see a lot more cross-over between this spiritual awakening field and the UFO field?)

56:00 Compares his awakening to an NDE. Had complete 360 degree multi screen life review. Life changed following.

Had a Castenda style assemblage point of awareness location shift.

Gave up 1:38:00. Would definitely buy a grilled cheese from this guy.

Enlightenment score: 690 of 1000.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12, 12:40 PM by chuck.)
408. Lakota John

Native American heritage.

A show about the relationship of indigenous peoples to the earth. May not make it very far on this one.

Could be some UFO connection. Will be patient.

Everything moves in sevens. Liking that.

Cool torquiose earrings.

Helps people who have moved away from spirit because of spending too much time on the internet. (Hand goes up. Yes please!)

Everything god creates is round -- esoteric teaching touchpoint.

Interesting guy.

Relates trees to humans. Considers them the same. Pretty cool. Lots of tree metaphors.

Rick bemoans colonial expansionism.

Would be an interesting guy to hang out with.

Flipped through. This is mainly an episode about politics.

Sorry, Lokota John.

Enlightenment score: 500 of 1000.
(2017-09-12, 01:07 PM)chuck Wrote: 408. Lakota John

Native American heritage.

A show about the relationship of indigenous peoples to the earth. May not make it very far on this one.

Could be some UFO connection. Will be patient.

Everything moves in sevens. Liking that.

Cool torquiose earrings.

Helps people who have moved away from spirit because of spending too much time on the internet. (Hand goes up. Yes please!)

Everything god creates is round -- esoteric teaching touchpoint.

Interesting guy.

Relates trees to humans. Considers them the same. Pretty cool. Lots of tree metaphors.

Rick bemoans colonial expansionism.

Would be an interesting guy to hang out with.

Flipped through. This is mainly an episode about politics.

Sorry, Lokota John.

Enlightenment score: 500 of 1000.

Wish I could remember my favs. I'd point them out. Problem is- I've listened to so may, its a blur.

Here are the ones that stand out to me.

Jurgen Zeirwe (350)
Miribai Devi (251)
Suzanne Giesemann 1 and 2 (341 and 403)
Tom Campbell (266)
Rupert Spiria 1+2 ( 95 ,259)
Mooji (97)
Peter Russell (238)
Daryl Anka -Bashar- (236)
Anita Moorjani (152)
(2017-09-12, 01:45 PM)jkmac Wrote: Wish I could remember my favs. I'd point them out. Problem is- I've listened to so may, its a blur.

Here are the ones that stand out to me.

Jurgen Zeirwe (350)
Miribai Devi (251)
Suzanne Giesemann 1 and 2 (341 and 403)
Tom Campbell (266)
Rupert Spiria 1+2 ( 95 ,259)
Mooji (97)
Peter Russell (238)
Daryl Anka -Bashar- (236)
Anita Moorjani (152)

Thanks!
(2017-09-12, 01:46 PM)chuck Wrote: Thanks!

No problem. 

I look forward to your further "reviews".
--RECOMMENDED.

407. Robert Saltzman

Has degree in depth psychology. High expecations for this one.

Hitting some good points early.

Most people don't see the awakened state:

1. Because they think it is something else.
2. Fear.

We all know we've been telling ourselves a bullshit story. (Love it.)

Peeling away the bullshit self-narrative.

Critical of the spiritual shingle market. Gurus with big crowds are master hypnotists.

Rubbing up against Rick on this point. Rick brings up Adya.

Breathe of fresh air. Gurus are clones of the big three indian gurus of the 20th century.

Doesn't consider himself a spirtual teacher.

Great "quote" by Gurjieff around 16:00. They are still talking about today's "spiritual teachers." Good stuff.

The sound drop outs are maddening.

This interview is a keystone to understanding the contemporary "spirtual" scene.

This is a key interview.

Anyone interested in "awakening" or "spirituality" should watch this interview.

There is some real truth in this guys viewpoint.

Nobody knows how any of this got here.

I want Rick to ask him about veridical anomolous experiences. Reincarnation cases, etc.

I guess when you feel like you don't really need to watch any more batgap then the guest needs to get a pretty high score.

Rick's a little back on his heels. A little bit at a loss.

I wish when Rick repeated one of his oft-repeated phrases that a little chestnut would fall out of his mouth simultaneously.

Keep increasing this guys score.

Stay for the end on this one. Worth it.

Enlightenment score: 969 of 1000.
[-] The following 3 users Like chuck's post:
  • Ninshub, Roberta, Laird
(2017-09-12, 03:55 PM)chuck Wrote: --RECOMMENDED.

407. Robert Saltzman

Enlightenment score: 969 of 1000.
Yippie! 

I'll add that one to my list.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12, 04:07 PM by jkmac.)

• View a Printable Version