Psience Quest

Full Version: Warnings via PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have one admin on ignore and I have just returned from a temporary ban because I "ignored" (i.e. didn't see) the warnings given to me.  Could warnings be given via PM in order to ensure they are read?  Thank you.
In a word: no.

Laird spelled it out. Since you don't have him on ignore, you should have been able to read his post. You seemingly chose to live with the consequences.

(2023-07-08, 12:36 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Also, your choice to place on ignore is problematic given that he is our other moderator: you now won't see any messages he might write to you in that capacity. I ask you then, until we implement a better (technical) solution, to remove him from ignore. The consequences if you don't are that he might take moderation action should you not respond to his posts as a moderator, including unilaterally deleting posts of yours or worse.
(2023-07-18, 02:39 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]In a word: no.

Laird spelled it out. Since you don't have him on ignore, you should have been able to read his post. You seemingly chose to live with the consequences.

Wouldn't it be worth posting a link to a warning by PM to the person in question.

People have other things going on in their lives, and may not always pay as much attention to this forum as at other times.

David
Above, quoted me as having asked as a moderator of in another thread that he (Brian) remove Ninshub from ignore until we implemented a better (technical) solution.

We've now implemented that technical solution: admins/moderators can mark a post as having been written in their capacity as a moderator, thus making it "unignorable". It then appears to all users, regardless of whether or not they have the post's author on ignore, and is styled distinctively. Currently, that styling is a thick orange border around the entire post.

Even though this post isn't written in my capacity as a moderator, I've marked it as such just so folk can see how it looks, and test this new feature if they care to, e.g., by temporarily putting me on ignore, and confirming that they still see this post but none of my other posts.

This new feature makes PMs of moderation warnings redundant.
(2023-07-25, 05:41 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Above, quoted me as having asked as a moderator of in another thread that he (Brian) remove Ninshub from ignore until we implemented a better (technical) solution.

We've now implemented that technical solution: admins/moderators can mark a post as having been written in their capacity as a moderator, thus making it "unignorable". It then appears to all users, regardless of whether or not they have the post's author on ignore, and is styled distinctively. Currently, that styling is a thick orange border around the entire post.

Even though this post isn't written in my capacity as a moderator, I've marked it as such just so folk can see how it looks, and test this new feature if they care to, e.g., by temporarily putting me on ignore, and confirming that they still see this post but none of my other posts.

This new feature makes PMs of moderation warnings redundant.

I don't want to provoke moderation to test this out, but I suppose ideally a moderation would also appear as an alert - maybe it does already?

David
Quote:I don't want to provoke moderation to test this out, but I suppose ideally a moderation would also appear as an alert - maybe it does already?

It will appear as an unread post.

Any user can create an alert by simply typing an '@' sign followed by the first few letters of a username. Select the required user from the pop-up which should appear.

Full details given here:
https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-i...1#pid42151