Psience Quest

Full Version: Synchronicity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier today, I had to take our much loved cat to be euthanised because of cancer. I felt heart broken, and my partner, who stayed at home felt the same. On the way in, I was telling him how he would suddenly feel better and be released into an exciting new existence - I hope this happened.

I drove home and we spent some time together talking about him. Then we started to prepare our evening meal, and the lights went out. At first I thought it might be a power cut, but in fact a fuse controlling the lights in the bottom half of the house had blown.

The incident was extremely unusual, because this is usually caused by an old-fashioned tungsten filament bulb failing and causing an arc to form inside the bulb. After sorting out the fuse, I tried to find the offending bulb - quite possibly the only one left in the house. It turned out to be the porch, where my partner had stood as I pulled out into the drive.

I can't help wondering if our cat's spirit did this as a sign that he was still around.

What do others think?
Makes me think of the difficulties with electrical equipment experienced by many who have had an NDE.   I don't have any hard views on this but let's hope your cat made it over and let's hope you experience him at least one more time so that you can know.
(2022-01-05, 09:12 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me think of the difficulties with electrical equipment experienced by many who have had an NDE.   

That was exactly what I thought - I don't want to make too much of it - I'm hoping that perhaps he might appear in my dreams, though unless I became lucid, I'd probably just treat that as normal and promptly forget the dream!

Quote:I don't have any hard views on this but let's hope your cat made it over and let's hope you experience him at least one more time so that you can know.

I sure hope so, as I drove him in, I was telling him that he would find himself in a wonderful place, and I'd love to get a message from him. Now telling an animal things like that isn't normally much use, but if they have an oversoul, I guess he may have picked it up.

I am pretty sure if we have an afterlife, many other creatures do too.
(2022-01-05, 06:34 PM)David001 Wrote: [ -> ]That was exactly what I thought - I don't want to make too much of it - I'm hoping that perhaps he might appear in my dreams, though unless I became lucid, I'd probably just treat that as normal and promptly forget the dream!

I sure hope so, as I drove him in, I was telling him that he would find himself in a wonderful place, and I'd love to get a message from him. Now telling an animal things like that isn't normally much use, but if they have an oversoul, I guess he may have picked it up.

I am pretty sure if we have an afterlife, many other creatures do too.
If there was a symbolic idea that could represent your cat.  Maybe it will show in a dream.
(2022-01-05, 08:01 PM)stephenw Wrote: [ -> ]If there was a symbolic idea that could represent your cat.  Maybe it will show in a dream.

The problem is I don't remember my dreams. I know I should keep a dream log, but I'd probably have to be scribbling into it as I lie in bed with my partner! I did once manage to keep such a log for a short spell of time - writing it on my computer immediately after I got up.
This morning I was dozing before getting up and I think I saw our cat in a hypnagogic/hypnopompic moment, but I can't be sure because he was face down scoffing a plate of food!

So in one case there is a real phenomenon that may or may not have been caused by our cat, in the other case, the main question is whether what I saw really counts as evidence because he has been very much in our minds for the last few days - even before he died.

If it was him, he was eating his food as he used to do - with great gusto - but that is what we have come to expect of spirits - they are returned to peak condition.