Psience Quest

Full Version: 6.37 sigma replication of Dean Radin's double slit consciousness experiments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(2017-09-04, 09:10 PM)Leuders Wrote: [ -> ]Dean Radin have you seen this blog?

http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2014...radin.html

Or this article:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/when_big_e...upernormal

How do you respond to such criticisms about your research?

(2017-09-04, 09:17 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, or this part of the forum (and I speak as someone skeptical of Radin's work).

Let's try and stick to the study/studies.

Malf is right, Leuders.
This video shows some of Guerrer's setup:

The interview is in Portuguese, no subtitles but it's basically our typical metaphysical banter about inert matter accounting for experience, nothing new for those that frequent these forums.
(2017-09-04, 07:45 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see, you haven't read one of Radin's experiments... You don't know about the Omm chant and richly harmonic sounds played through speakers and headphones which feeds back through the device, so that it gets louder during concentration periods...

Dude,
the study linked in the OP clearly states that they used noise cancelling headphones (QuietComfort 25; Bose).
These ones:
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/head...vices.html

Loudspeakers are not part of the setup.
(2017-09-05, 06:03 AM)Bucky Wrote: [ -> ]Dude,
the study linked in the OP clearly states that they used noise cancelling headphones (QuietComfort 25; Bose).
These ones:

I have asked him the relevancy of that 2015 paper twice now... No answer. I am starting to think that Max didn't like that Dean brought down his argument and is now focusing on discrediting one particular experiment that has nothing to do with Guerrer's work.
(2017-09-05, 06:03 AM)Bucky Wrote: [ -> ]Dude,
These ones:

Golly... and I thought there was no money in psi research! Big Grin

Now I may be missing something obvious, but why would 'noise cancelling headphones" be used if there was no ambient noise in the room?
(2017-09-05, 06:28 AM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]Golly... and I thought there was no money in psi research! Big Grin

Now I may be missing something obvious, but why would 'noise cancelling headphones" be used if there was no ambient noise in the room?

I don't think anyone is saying there's no noise, we're casting doubt on noise being the reason for the results. If you think noise is responsible, you need to explanation why experiments with the the people outside the shielded room, participating online etc were also significant and positive.
(2017-09-05, 06:37 AM)Roberta Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anyone is saying there's no noise, we're casting doubt on noise being the reason for the results. If you think noise is responsible, you need to explanation why experiments with the the people outside the shielded room, participating online etc were also significant and positive.

Sorry if it's been linked to already but where is that paper? And what precisely is your explanation for significant and positive results?
(2017-09-05, 06:28 AM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]Golly... and I thought there was no money in psi research! Big Grin

For the same reason that people are coming with VR headsets that incorporate noise cancelling: Immersion. They played some soundtrack that was supposed to get the meditators in 'the mood'. 

But... Apparently, Max is still arguing that instead of some sleek Bose sets, speakers were used (presumably) in the Guerrer study and clinging to one particular paper to prove it... Authored by Dean and dated to 2015.

Maybe because that's the headphones they had available and didn't want to buy new ones?
I am not sure why we should assume that those headphones were bought for that specific experiment.
(2017-09-05, 06:45 AM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if it's been linked to already but where is that paper? And what precisely is your explanation for significant and positive results?

I've linked to it previously, it's on Radin's evidence page. And psi is my explanations - especially as meditators do so much better. There's no reason for this if it was a 'normal' explanation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26