When deceased relatives or pets show up in your dreams

36 Replies, 1179 Views

(2023-02-09, 11:07 PM)tim Wrote: Thanks, Ian ! I think I get it now. But you don't mean you read in a newspaper in reality, just in your dream you "read"
that he was not dead. I mean he is dead, isn't he.

That's similar to my dream of my father, of which the content I don't remember much about now.

Yes that was all in the dream! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-02-09, 10:50 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Of course my belief (firm conviction) is that all those beings are still alive in spirit, there is no death except of the physical suit, but that consciousness or theme doesn't seem to be present in the dreams themselves.

I'm tempted to conclude from this that my personal unconscious hasn't integrated the afterlife knowledge (i.e. there is no such thing as death). And I wonder if those dreams (the theme of which is partly this person supposedly died but really hasn't) is part of a process of maybe my spirit trying to integrate that knowledge into my deeper human mind.
[-] The following 4 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Raimo, tim, Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2023-02-10, 12:08 AM)Ninshub Wrote: I'm tempted to conclude from this that my personal unconscious hasn't integrated the afterlife knowledge (i.e. there is no such thing as death). And I wonder if those dreams (the theme of which is partly this person supposedly died but really hasn't) is part of a process of maybe my spirit trying to integrate that knowledge into my deeper human mind.

If I understand correctly it seems you're trying to explain these things in terms of psychological mechanisms. I suggest leaving a window at least open a little to allow for the possibility that there are actual meetings of the living and the (so called) deceased taking place occasionally.

In some of my dreams I've understood it to be an actual contact from the 'deceased'. Also during waking hours both in ordinary everyday activity as well as during some meditations I've considered there to be actual contact too.

Maybe it happens so often that it passes us by, it is considered as mundane.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Ninshub
I'm definitely leaving that window open Typoz! And maybe they're visiting to indeed help me with that afterlife conviction integration!
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • stephenw, Typoz
I have had dreams in which I have met my deceased maternal grandfather, but I don't find those dreams significant. I consider them ordinary dreams without any deeper meaning.

The dream in which my grandparents' deceased dog licked my face was qualitatively very different from those aforementioned incoherent dreams. That dog died when I was three, and I had this dream some 20 years ago when I was in my early twenties. It was a very clear dream and nothing else happened in it. That dog was near me and he licked my face. It felt physical and very realistic. When I woke up, I still had that feeling on my face as if somebody or something had licked it. I woke up happy and that unexplained happiness lasted for the whole morning. I have an allergy, and hence I haven't even touched a dog since I was three.
[-] The following 2 users Like Raimo's post:
  • Ninshub, Typoz
The most vivid dream about a passed relative was my step-mother who came to show me her new surroundings. We found ourselves in a lovely meadow and I was able to do many of the things we read about in the afterlife. For eaxmple, I could fly! I absolutely loved the experience and was so disappointed when I woke - desperate to hang on to all the memories of the dream.

So I do think this was an actual spiritual meeting. Further to that, whenever I have talked to mediums, my step-mother is the one communicating. The odd thing is that she and I had a very difficult relationship and it seems that we are both full of regrets that it wasn't resolved before she died.

Otherwise, I often get flashbacks during the course of my normal daytime stuff - very strong impressions or memories of the deceased relative (not just my step-mother - several relatives who have passed). I often acknowldge these impressions by saying Hi to my family member who I feel is close by.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 4 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Silence, Raimo, Typoz, Ninshub
(2023-02-10, 08:31 PM)Raimo Wrote: The dream in which my grandparents' deceased dog licked my face was qualitatively very different from those aforementioned incoherent dreams. That dog died when I was three, and I had this dream some 20 years ago when I was in my early twenties. It was a very clear dream and nothing else happened in it. That dog was near me and he licked my face. It felt physical and very realistic. When I woke up, I still had that feeling on my face as if somebody or something had licked it. I woke up happy and that unexplained happiness lasted for the whole morning. I have an allergy, and hence I haven't even touched a dog since I was three.

Wow, that screams animal soul visitation to me, and nothing else! Wonderful.
(This post was last modified: 2023-02-11, 04:38 AM by Ninshub. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Raimo
(2023-02-11, 03:38 AM)Kamarling Wrote: The most vivid dream about a passed relative was my step-mother who came to show me her new surroundings. We found ourselves in a lovely meadow and I was able to do many of the things we read about in the afterlife. For eaxmple, I could fly! I absolutely loved the experience and was so disappointed when I woke - desperate to hang on to all the memories of the dream.

So I do think this was an actual spiritual meeting. Further to that, whenever I have talked to mediums, my step-mother is the one communicating. The odd thing is that she and I had a very difficult relationship and it seems that we are both full of regrets that it wasn't resolved before she died.

All of that feels very genuine, and the fact that it's this person that you didn't feel the closest to. Thanks for sharing.
(This post was last modified: 2023-02-11, 04:40 AM by Ninshub. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Silence, Typoz, Kamarling
A few days after my mother died I dreamt I met her again. I asked her what heaven was like and she said "oh, it's lovely. There's a bowl of fruit in every room."

Almost certainly not a spirit communication, but a nice dream nevertheless
[-] The following 5 users Like ersby's post:
  • Silence, Kamarling, Max_B, Ninshub, Typoz
Is there a particular reason that makes you conclude that it certainly wasn't a spirit communication?

• View a Printable Version