Tom Delonge - Rolling Stone - June 4th 2019

1 Replies, 776 Views

Rolling Stone Interview with Tom Delonge from June 4th 2019:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...82-843812/

Most of it was a rehash of what has already been said, and also talk about music, but this article is the first place I've seen this very specific quantitative information:
Quote:So they came in, they hovered and they would drop in .78 seconds from 80,000 feet to sea level. Do you realize how fast .78 seconds is? 80,000 feet to zero. It’s just there. That’s just unreal!

This puts the average velocity at 69,930 mph or about 4.1x faster than the space station in low earth orbit.

And that is average velocity. With normal physics of course we would have to consider accelerations which would put the peak velocity much higher. But this is obviously not normal physics because of the instantaneous acceleration (or you could say "infinite jerk") and the lack of plasma fireball as this thing came in as hot as a meteor.

This last bit was also interesting:
Quote:You told me that Unidentified gets “gnarly” at the end. What did you mean?
You’re going to see stuff towards the last couple episodes that … you’ve never seen this kind of stuff, dealing with this subject, on television. On television, it’s usually guys chasing lights in the sky and they’re out in the middle of the desert. You will see the Majority Leader of the Senate, Harry Reid. You will see the intelligence agents of other NATO allies. You will see members of the current real program. You won’t see their faces, but you’ll see elements of that. You’ll see the data, you’ll see us dealing with Congress. And what you’re going to see is the world being awakened.

We didn’t do this to make a TV show. We did this as a way to get the people ready to pressure Congress further. That is what the show’s about for me. We did not do this for entertainment. I didn’t just want to sell a show. This is To the Stars Academy doing its job and a camera following us. Because everything we’re doing is gathering the info and getting the Congressional leadership to understand what’s going on. And that’s why it leaked in the press. That’s us, and this is all part of a long, multi-year strategy to awaken everybody.
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-08, 06:32 PM by Hurmanetar.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Hurmanetar's post:
  • Ninshub, Oleo, Mediochre
Was just listening to Kevin Day, Radar operator, talking about this and he says 28,000 ft to 50 ft in .78 seconds. ...so maybe not as impressive as 80,000 ft but hey... still much faster than an orbital velocity with near instantaneous accelerations. 

8:30 in this interview:

I’m sure Delong playing fast and loose with numbers like this really bugs the hell out of the technical guys at the TTSA...
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-12, 01:42 AM by Hurmanetar.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hurmanetar's post:
  • Typoz

• View a Printable Version