SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections

24 Replies, 7096 Views

I think if we're talking about costs on the order of 8 USD a month there wouldn't be any problem raising that through donations (even given the possibility, for those of us in the UK, that this may be equivalent to £10 a month later this year Sad ).
[-] The following 4 users Like Guest's post:
  • malf, Ninshub, Laird, Stan Woolley
Moderation note: I've split some posts out into the new (stickied) thread Donations are now possible.
Well, based on my monitoring, it looks like the last time this problem occurred was a little over a month ago. Perhaps we can consider it over, although it is troubling that we don't know exactly what caused it and whether it might occur again, especially given that our host stopped responding to me about it a long time ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Typoz, Doug
This post has been deleted.
(2019-03-02, 11:17 PM)Max_B Wrote: Tempted fate perhaps...

Yep! Forgot to touch wood...

(2019-03-02, 11:17 PM)Max_B Wrote: started receiving this again tonight... lasted for about 15 minutes...

Can confirm: my monitoring log indicates that maximum connections occurred for about two-three minutes beginning around 2019-03-02 21:14 (UTC), and then just later for around four minutes beginning around 2019-03-02 21:28 (UTC). It's possible that if you caught the end of the first period and the beginning of the second, it might have seemed like a continuous 15-minute period - that, or my monitoring might not have fully captured the circumstances on the server and the error messages might genuinely have been presented over fifteen continuous minutes.

Other than that, though, there don't seem to have been any more problematic periods, so I'm still (sort of) optimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Typoz, Max_B

• View a Printable Version