Perennial Idealism: A Mystical Solution to the Mind-Body Problem

30 Replies, 2256 Views

(2020-07-12, 04:08 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: Yes. I guess ultimately this is a sort of Monist or Idealist reality at its very most basic level, which inevitably has to be of the nature of creative Intelligence. Unless it is suggested that a highly organized something can come from literally absolutely nothing, or that it could have existed forever in the past with no origin. 

I think, though, that reality above this very most basic level consists of two realms as designed by this creative Intelligence. 

It's not a gratuitous insertion of an ideological gap filler to substitute for further human investigation. It is the rational intuiting of what is a logical inevitability or necessity at the very bottom or beginning of things. Unless it is suggested that something can come from absolutely nothing, or that something can always have existed with no origin. I think this level is at the very end of possible human philosophical/metaphysical inquiry and thought.

It's nice to end a debate where two people pretty much agree. Thumbs Up
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • nbtruthman

• View a Printable Version