More details on the 2004 "Tic Tac" UFO

0 Replies, 198 Views

A new article that goes into a lot of detail on the now-famous U.S. Navy 2004 "Tic-Tac" shaped UFO incident.

Excerpt:

Quote:Radar Operator and Air Intercept Controller, Kevin Day, was working the evening shift in the Combat Information Center aboard the USS Princeton guided missile cruiser. The Princeton was making its way through the Pacific off the CA coast in the vicinity of Catalina Island, accompanied by the USS Nimitz carrier strike group. Day was operating the SPY radar — a brand new and, at the time, highly classified multifunction phased-array radar capable of search, automatic detection, transition to track, tracking air and surface targets, and missile engagement support.
(Over the course of several days, the Princeton tracked groups of new and strange "bogeys". The objects seemed to be in loose formation and anywhere from five to ten at a time. They repeated the same tracking radar coverage parameters. Same altitude and location, traveling from Catalina Island to Guadalupe Island, soon fading from radar.)over the course of the next few days, the [i]Princeton [/i]continued to track additional groups of these contacts. The objects seemed to be in loose formation and anywhere from five to ten at a time. They repeated the same tracking over radar coverage. Same altitude and location, traveling from Catalina Island to Guadalupe Island, soon fading from radar.

"I was confident the tracks were actual air contacts because they had the highest possible system track quality. However, the contacts were in a loose formation at 28,000 feet, tracking south at 100 knots, which was odd. What flies like that? How could something that high travel that slow? Anything lighter-than-air would be traveling in the direction of the prevailing winds, which were from west to east. Not south. It was definitely odd.”
The captain ordered an intercept to visually identify the bogeys. Commander David Fravor, a TOP GUN strike fighter pilot for the Black Aces, responded, eager to comply. Soon, Fravor headed toward the inbound unknown group. Back in the control room, Day watched as Fravor’s plane approached the bogey.

During this entire exchange, all communication was being fed to an overhead speaker. Day patiently waited for any updates, when suddenly the pilot’s voice blasted over the speaker.
“Oh my God! I’m engaged! I’m engaged!”
What happened next left Day and the team visibly shaken. As they watched on radar, the bogey suddenly descended from 28,000 feet in altitude down to the surface of the ocean in what Day would soon learn was .78 seconds, without a single sonic boom. Fravor did all he could to chase the object, attempting to identify it. Once he got eyes on it, he would describe a single oblong-shaped object, about forty feet long, no wings or signs of propulsion. (It would later be described as a white-colored “Tic Tac”) Besides the object itself, Fravor was also mystified as the object, when close to the surface of the ocean, created a disturbance in the water that almost looked like a cross and about the size of a Boeing 737 jetliner. The water appeared to be “boiling or “frothing” and then disappeared as the “Tic Tac” gained altitude, darting upward at unbelievable speeds again. Day would explain that:
“We all watched on radar when suddenly, the contact went from the new merge plot position to a point in space called the Combat Air Patrol station, or CAP point. Although well-known to the air defense team, a secret location to everyone else. We all looked in wonder at each other because the contact had somehow went to this CAP point. Latitude, longitude, and altitude. A point then about sixty miles away from the last merge plot position. It had taken the object approximately two seconds to make that maneuver.”

(This post was last modified: 2021-08-10, 02:29 AM by nbtruthman.)
[-] The following 8 users Like nbtruthman's post:
  • diverdown, Obiwan, Ninshub, Larry, Laird, Typoz, chuck, Sciborg_S_Patel

• View a Printable Version